I'm Kim Kibum

Key, My Guardian Angel

Key's POV:

I awoke to a hit on the head. I feel off a tree. Pabo. Looking up, I saw Jonghyun laughing at me.

"Found you!" he said.

I laughed. He remembered my little note. I stood, brushed off some leaves, and retracted my wings. I sat down next to him. We both starred up at the sky for a while.

"Is it okay if I call you Key hyung?" he asked in a soft voice. I nodded. Key hyung, so cute!

"Key hyung, why are your eyes red and how come you wear black clothing? I thought angels wear white and have halos and sing and .. stuff"

I burst out laughing. Typical. Jonghyun pouted. Aigoo~

"That's what most people think. Yes, there are in fact angels that are exactly like the way you said, although we don't have halos and we definitely don't sing.  My eyes are red because ... well, an angel's eyes become red if they have killed someone. And we are only allowed to kill someone for the good of others. The more you kill, the more red your eyes become. I've only killed .. 2 maybe? So my eyes are slightly red. And the black clothes, its just easier to blend in at night. I prefer sleeping in daylight."

Jonghyun was nodding his head. I could tell he was thinking. Aishh, why was i telling him this?

"Are there any other angels around here?"

"Oh yeah, sure! I think you know one besides me. His name is Minho."

Jonghyun's eyes widened.

"OH! Minho is an angel?! ... then, .."

"Yup, he is Taemin's guardian angel."

"How come i can't see his angel form?"

"A human can only see someone's angel form if that person is their guardian angel. For example, you can see me now, can't you. Other people right now would see you talking to nothing. If i was in my human form, everyone could see me. You can't see Minho's angel form because he is Taemin's guardian angel. And it's pretty obvious that angels can see angels."

... silence. Then, Jonghyun asked the FAQ of all angels.

"How old are you?"

I chuckled. "Im about 120 years old. Pretty young, i know."

"YOUNG?! Hell, im only 20! How can you be 100 years older than me yet look slightly younger than me?!"

"shhhh .. geez. I spent 100 years growing up in heaven, learning, and stuff like that. I spent 7 years on Earth protecting the general public. Red eyes, as you can see. Then, i met you. I've been watching over you for 13 years or so."

I smiled, and he smiled too. He opened his mouth to ask a question when we heard rustling behind us. My eyes darted back and forth between the bushes. With my ultra-sensative eyes, i could make out several figures, and hear more rustling around us. I quickly wrapped my arms around Jonghyun and jumped up into the air while spreading my wings. I found a nice fluffy cloud, and held Jonghyun while i watched below. The gang members from a few days ago were there, looking for Jonghyun.

"Do you live around here?" i whispered to him.

He nodded, and pointed to a house accross the park. I mentally swore. They were too close. No choice. I flew to his house, and landed on the roof. I set him down, and closed my eyes.

 

Jonghyun's POV:

im not scared of heights im not scared of heights im not scared of heights

I kept my eyes closed the whole time Key was holding me in the air. When we landed on the roof of my parent's house, i sighed. I looked up to see him with his eyes closed, chanting. Around the house formed a thin black mist. When Key stopped, it turned transparent, and Key collapsed.

"Key!" I knelt down beside him.

"should be ... safe ... now" Key sighed and fell unconsious.

Scared, i quickly slung him over my back. Luckily, his wings had disappeared, or he would have been too heavy to lift. I walked over to the edge of the roof, right where my balcony was. I hopped down onto my balcony, and opened my sliding glass door (secret key hidden under potted plant). I locked the door behind me, and lay Key down on my bed. I put my blanket over him. Im sure Onew would understand. (Onew is son of adopted parents. 1 year older than Jonghyun).

I went and got ready for bed. When i came back into my room, Key was snuggled up in my blanket. I smiled, and got in bed. It was nice and warm and fluffy.

"Good night" i whispered.

 

Key's POV:

I woke up to a loud buzzing noise. Remembering what happened last night, i shot up. I looked around. I was in Jonghyun's room. Snoring beside me was Jonghyun himself. I turned off his alarm, and shook him awake.

"Jonghyun. Oi! Jonghyun wake up!"

Not a word escaped my mouth. I realized it was someone just outside his door. Panicked, i jumped over his bed and hid on the other side of it. The door burst open, and i saw Jonghyun shoot up.

"Jonghyun! You're gonna be late for school!"

"Kay, thanks hyung" Jonghyun mumbled. Onew exited the room, and i stood up. Jonghyun must have forgotten i was in his room, because he jumped back.

"Key! Are you okay? You fainted yesterday!"

"Yea, i know. I put up a barrier around the house. If anyone from that gang tries to break in, i'll know."

"Thanks Key. YAH! I gotta get to school!"

Jonghyun jumped up and started frantically changed. I turned away. I thought of Minho, and a smile crept across my face.

"I gotta go Jonghyun. See you later!" I waved by, and before he could say anything i shot out of his room, flying towards his school.

 

Jonghyun's POV:

im gonna be late im gonna be late im gonna be late!

GAH! I really wanted to spend some time with Key. I ran into the classroom, breathing heavily. The teacher wasn't there yet, THANK GOD! My friends waved me over. About half-way through the class, there was a knock on the door. I wasn't paying attention to class anyways, and i was drawing a picture of Key on my notebook. I heard someone walk in, and stand in front of the class.

"Everyone, we have a new student. Please introduce yourself" the teacher said.

Oh joy. New student. But my head snapped up the moment i heard his voice.

"Nice to meet you all. My name is Kim Kibum"

 


How's that? xD HAHA ... sorry about the POV changes. It just makes more sense in certain areas. :3 please comment or suggest or obsess or .... anything really ^^