The Day We Met

Key, My Guardian Angel

Key's POV:

I stood on a high branch in a tree, accross the street from Jonghyun's house. Being his guardian angel, i devoted myself to be near him 24/7. Once his room light went out, I sighed and spread my wings (black wings because of Ring Ding Dong ^^). I flew up into the air, and landed on his room balcony. His curtain was drawn, but i could make out where he was sleeping. I sat on the balcony railing, facing the city.

I began thinking about the day i found Jonghyun. ... I guess found wouldn't be the best word. I was laying on a cloud and was floating above the city when i spotted a crying figure in the park. Curious, i flew down and sat on a tree branch just above him. Normal people can't see angels, but people who have lost someone or something in their life can sometimes sense that they are being watched. When i sat down, he tensed. (BTW, Jonghyun is suppose to be really young, like 7-9 year old. Key doesn't age)

"Who's there?!" he yelled, getting up and looking around.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He spun around to where my voice came from. He couldn't see me, but he heard me. He looked straight at me, although i was pretty sure he couldn't see me.

"What are you?" he whispered.

I chuckled. I broke off a branch, and jumped down. In the dirt, i carved the word "ANGEL". His eyes were wide open. He began to cry. I stood there, stunned. I was about to leave when he began talking.

"W ... Why weren't you there?" he asked between sobs.

"Where?" i asked him. He paused, probably still surprised by my voice.

"A .. At my house. When Mom and Dad died." he began crying now.

I stood there starring at him for a while. So that was why he could hear me. I gently patted his head, and he immediatly stopped crying. He must have felt it, because he placed his hand on his head, not feeling anything there. That was when i decided to watch over him. A kid with no parents was a kid who needed to be protected. To show that i was now his guardian angel, i took one of my black wing feathers, and let it float down onto his hand. He starred at it, and turned around to face me. I smiled, and maybe it was just my imagination, but he smiled too. I flew back up into the air, and sat back down on my cloud. Looking down, i saw him with some police, trying to figure out where to take him.

When i saw him safely with a kind family, i went back to heaven. Of course, i kept watch over him. He became friends with the adopted family's son, Onew. They went to school together, pulled pranks together. I felt that it was safe to let him be, until he was attacked by a gang.

 

Jonghyun's POV:

I sighed as i walked down the street. I just finished my job, and was barely making enough money. I didn't want to rely on my adopted parents forever. They did so much for me already. As i was walking past an alley way, a hand shot out, preventing me from going forward. I turned to see a gang standing there, glaring at me. I tried to walk past the arm, but it grabbed my neck and pinned me to the wall. I looked at the face in front of me, and immediatly recognized him.

"haha, recognize me now brat?" he sneered. His breath smelled like alcohol.

He was the leader of the gang that burned down my house, killed my parents, ruined my life. I spat in his face. I felt a sharp sting on the side of my face, and fell down on the ground. They began kicking me until i was full of bruises. Too weak to get up, the leader realized this and took out his pocket knife. He bent down and whispered to me.

"Your father ruined my father's life, and so i ended his. Now, i guess i'll just end yours too."

"Touch him, and that might be that last thing you do." came a voice from the street. I was able to look up to see a figure standing there. He wore all black, and had cat-like eyes. His hair was black as well with streaks of red on his bangs.

"hmpff." the leader scoffed, and slashed his knife, leaving a good sized cut on my arm. I cried out, applying pressure to my cut. My eyes were squeezed shut, but i could hear punches being thrown, and people falling to the ground. Once the pain recided, i was able to lean myself against the wall, and saw the leader of the gang held by the neck.

"You stay away from him, or you answer to me." the stranger whispered the last two words threateningly. The leader gave me a glare, and ran off. Some of his followers ran too, others lay in the alley, hopefully not dead.

The stranger came over, and helped me up. We walked back to the street and under a street lamp, where i could see him more clearly.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I froze. His voice. The way he asked. The same as the angel i met when i was little. I starred back at him. My hands went to my head, that being that last place i remembered him touching. Suspicious, pulled out the chain i wore around my neck. His eyes grew wide when he saw that hanging from the chain, was the feather i received from the angel.

"I ... Is this yours?" I asked.

I could see him thinking hard, his eyes darting from me to my feather. He nodded, turned, and he spread his wings. They sort of, sprouted from his back. They were black like his clothes, so i guess his clothes were a disguise.

"Stay out of trouble" he whispered.

He flew up, but i reached out and grabbed his hand. He looked back down at me. His eyes were different. When he was in, should i say, human form, they were light brown. But now, they had a red-ish hue. I thought to myself, do all angels have red-ish eyes?

"Thank you for saving me. What's your name?" i asked him.

"... Key"

"Thank you, Key, i'm -"

"I know who you are, Jonghyun. Promise me you'll stay out of trouble." he said, his eyes full of sorrow.

I nodded, and let go of his hand. He flew away, blending into the dark night sky.

I starred down at the feather in my hand. So it was him. My guardian angel. I smiled, and put the feather back under my shirt. All the time while walking home, i starred up at the sky.

 

The next morning, i woke up to find a black feather laying on my bedside table. I smiled, knowing that he had been watching over me. Before i went to bed that night, i wrote a note to him.

 

Dear Key,

Thanks. Wish i could meet up with you.

Jonghyun. :3

 

The next morning, i found a reply on the back of my note.

Come find me.