01

Time

Woohyun looked up from his notebooks when the door burst open and two of his classmates entered laughing and shoving each other. The teacher glared at them but didn’t bother to say anything and just continued with her class.

When the girl passed by his side, they made eye contact and she gave him a small smile. Woohyun blushed and ducked his head, hiding his face behind his dark bangs, as if his big glasses didn’t made enough of it. He heard her laugh and then the sound of chairs being dragged at the back.

“Did you saw his face? Damn, why didn’t you have your camera with you?” The guy chuckled quietly.

“Hell no, he might break my lenses just by focusing on him.” She said and the both laughed again. Woohyun looked over his shoulder and saw them high fiving each other. He turned to the front and sighed.

When the class finished, everyone gathered their things to get at lunch in time. Woohyun heard murmurs behind him and turned to look at the duo running out of the classroom from the back door.

“Lee Howon, Seo Haneul.” The teacher said and lifted her head from the desk and her eyes widened. “Where are they?”

Everyone looked around and shrugged, the teacher sighed and glanced at Woohyun who was, as always, the last one to get out of the room.

“Woohyun, could you clean the board before you go?” Woohyun looked up and blinked at her, pushing his glasses up.

“Sure.” He didn’t have to get lunch from the cafeteria so he could get his time. The teacher walked out and Woohyun started to clean.

When he finished there was still ten minutes for the next class so he decided to go to the garden on the back of the school. He sat on the grass, back resting on a truck as he ate the lunch he made for himself. Woohyun jumped startled when the back door opened with a loud bang and Hoya and Haneul walked out, laughing and talking loudly.

“Are you busy later?” Hoya asked as he lay down, arm resting on the grass and head on his hand.

“Yup, I’m going to meet Changsub.” Haneul sat down next to him, playing with the end of her long hair. Woohyun frowned. Hoya whistled and chuckled.

“On a date?” Haneul hit his stomach and he groaned in pain. “Careful, woman.”

“Is not a date, you idiot.” Woohyun sighed in relief. For a moment he thought that she already has a boyfriend.

Haneul leaned back on her arms and extended her legs. Woohyun’s eyes traveled down her long, milky legs and up to her small face; her thin lips, perfect nose and big eyes; her long black hair reached her waist and it shined beautifully under the sun. In Woohyun’s eyes, she was the most beautiful girl he has ever seen.

His crush was unexpected. She didn’t go with the rules, talk back to teachers and she even have a record of being aggressive. Girls in school gossiped about her a lot because she swear a lot, hang out with guys most of the times and even dress like them. The only time Haneul wear skirt was in school and that was because, if she didn’t, they could kick her out.

Woohyun saw his wrist clock and hurriedly put away his half finished lunch to get in time for the next class. He looked back and saw Hoya on his back, arm over his eyes, listening to his ipod and Haneul playing with her phone. Woohyun figured they’re not going to enter the class and his shoulder deflated a bit. He was expecting her to be there at least taking a nap or listening music, he just wanted to sneak secret glances at her.

Woohyun got up and as quietly as possible rushed inside the building. He didn’t felt Haneul’s eyes on him, following every movement since he stood from the grass to when he made his way to the school.

 

When the classes of the day finished, Woohyun walked to his locker to get his books only to be greeted by a groups of girls crowded and laughing at something. But he stopped on his tracks when he saw Haneul taking a girl by the collar and slammed her on the lockers. The girls around them gasped loudly and shut up immediately.

“Say you’re sorry.” Haneul growled at her face. The girl tried to act cool but Woohyun could see her hands trembled from his place.

“For what? I didn’t do anything.” Haneul smirked.

“You at lying. Then tell me why the are your hands orange?! You were the one who put that damn bucket on my locker!” The girls snickered.

Woohyun’s eyes traveled down her torso and his eyes widened at her wet shirt; it was indeed orange. He glared at the girl in Haneul’s hands. He wanted so badly to go there and said something… but he was coward.

“What’s going on here?”

Woohyun turned to his side and saw Hoya standing there. His face was blank but his eyes were glaring daggers at the girls in front of them. The girls gasped and glued to the lockers, this gave a Hoya a better view of the situation and his face darkened.

“This here thought that it was funny to make a stupid joke on me.” Haneul said, eyes never leaving the girl’s face.

Hoya walked to them and slammed his hand next to girl’s head. She flinched and squeezed her eyes shut.

“You’re messing with the wrong people, you know?” He said in a low tone that sent shivers down Woohyun’s spine.

“I-I’m sorry.” The girl whispered, eyes red and body trembling.

“What did you say?” Hoya asked.

“I’m sorry!” She yelled, tears running down her cheeks.

“You better be.” Haneul muttered and let her go harshly. The girl grabbed her backpack and ran out of the school, her friends hot on her heels.

“Damn, your shirt.” Hoya frowned and Haneul scoffed.

“This is stupid. I don’t know why I have to deal with their immature jokes.” She held her shirt away from her body. “I didn’t do anything to them.”

“You just say it; they’re immature. Come, I think I have an extra shirt on my locker.” Haneul gave him a look of disgust and he grinned. “It’s a clean one I swear.” He opened his locker.

“Okay.” Haneul sighed and her eyes caught movement on the other side of the hallway. She turned her head and saw Woohyun a few meters away from her.

Woohyun stiffened but couldn’t tear his eyes away. Hoya turned and saw him too. His face hardened immediately.

“What are you watching?” He said coldly and Woohyun jumped, turning to his locker, opening the lock but his clumsy hands dropped it, making a loud sound on the empty hallway.

“Stupid.” Hoya snorted and turned around. Haneul gave him a look and Woohyun missed the ‘hey, he didn’t do anything’ before they walked towards the girls bathroom.

Woohyun saw them turned the corner and let out a sigh of relief, he closed his locker and rested his forehead on it. He wished he could be as brave as Hoya to stand up for himself and his friends. Not that he have much to begin with, but he would like to be more secure of himself. He pushed up his glasses and straightened before walking out of the school.

- - - - - -

So how was the first chapter? It's short and don't say anything in reality but I promise the others chapters arent' this boring orz