20

Tutoring the Jerk

-Lay's POV-

Un.ing.Believable. How were his friends so blind to see that it was a set up? He didn't know Jieun's purpose, but he knew it was her who had planned it all along.

Hyeri where are you? he thought as he chased after her. He saw her sitting on a bench hugging her knees tightly. His face softened as he sat down next to her, wrapping his arms around her tiny waist.

"it's okay" he hushed her, curling a strand of hair behind her ear. "I believe you" She sobbed even more and buried his face into his chest.

"Thank you, Yixing oppa." His heart skipped a beat as she said four simple words. He didn't say anything but hug her even more and rested his head on hers. He enjoyed her embrace and he took advantage of this opportunity as he laced his fingers with her, admiring how big his hand was compared to hers. *I'm sorry Hyeri, but let me be selfish for one day* he thought as he squeezed her hands and whispered sweet nothings into her ears. She giggled as he made corny jokes and she had felt better within the twenty minute time period. She finally wiped the last tear as she looked up, her eyes red and swollen. He wanted to kiss her so bad and treat her well, but he knew he had no right to do so.

"I look horrible huh?" She half laughed and sobbed. He shook his head and smiled.

"You always look beautiful." She smiled brightly and took his hand. 

"well then, since you are obviously lying, would you be humilated to walk around with me in public?" He laughed and shook his head.

"You can back out now" She joked. He ruffled her hair and stood up.

"Never" She smiled and followed him into an ice cream shop.

"Sir, what is the best combination of ice cream for a depressed girl?" He asked as Hyeri took a seat. The man smiled and pointed to the special.

"That. It's chocolate fudge with chunks of brownies." Lay beamed.

"I'll take that. And please give me two spoons." The man nodded as Lay gave him money. He took a seat next to her and held out two spoons. She smiled and took one, instantly shoving the ice cream in .

"Ahh brain freeze!" She cried. *Cute* Lay thought as he watched her adorable facial expressions. The two happily shared ice cream and Hyeri accidentally dropped her spoon.

"Aww I have to get another one." She cried. Lay lightly pushed her back down and handed her his spoon.

"we can share." Hyeri beamed and took his spoon and put some ice cream in . *Indirect kiss* he thought as she handed the spoon back to him. Lay offered to take her to the movies and watch comedy. She nodded and they bought the tickets heading into the cinema. She plopped down next to him as they watched the movie. Halfway in, Hyeri was completely sobbing after the mother had gotten cancer and the dog had died from depression (making this up). Lay immiedately flushed realizing it was tragedy, not comedy.

"What the heck!" Hyeri sobbed turning to Lay. "I thought this was comedy!" She hissed. Lay awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, I guess I forgot what the movie was about, oops." He smiled sheepishly. She made a face and threw popcorn at him.

"Yah, I cried even more!" She pouted. Lay took a handful of popcorn.

"Well, be prepared to be crying a river!" He laughed as he chucked the handful of popcorn at her face. Her jaw dropped as he took advantage and threw another fistful into . She chewed it happily and smacked his head.

"Jerk" She said sticking out her tongue. Lay laughed and pulled her closer to him, wiping away the butter that was left on her face. Hyeri leaned in to him as he thanked the Lord that the lights were turned off. He closed his eyes, somehow expecting a kiss and opened them, realizing that she was wiping away the butter on his nose. He froze and flushed evenmore thankful that Hyeri didn't realize his stupid mistake.

After the movie was over, the two decided to head off to the park. It was awkward seeing so many couples out holding hands and sharing kisses with each other. Hyeri's face darkened as she watched the two newlyweds walking together. Lay noticed and held her hand giving it a tight squeeze.

"I know this may sound straightforward, but I think you need to let go. Luhan obviously has liked Jieun for awhile, and he probably used you to get over her. Move on, there are so many people out there." Hyeri thought about it and nodded.

"You're right, from now on, I won't be depressed anymore!" She beamed cutely. He ruffled her hair. *that's my girl*.

The two sat on the grass watching the sunset. Hyeri yawned and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"You're the perfect guy, Yixing. Why can't you be my boyfriend?" She whispered half asleep. Lay smiled and pulled her closer wanting to kiss her lips. *I know you still like Luhan* He sighed admiring her sleep peacefully. Her lips were begging to be kissed as spread his jacket on the grass and laid her down gently without taking his eyes off her lips.

*Just let me be selfish for one day* He said capturing her lips with his. He kept repeating the same phrase over and over again as he placed gentle butterfly kisses all over her forehead and kissed her lips one more time. Little did he know Hyeri was still awake flustered by his kisses.

 

For you LayXHyeri lovers!