Final.

This heart.

 

"Caramel frap, please." He said while giving back the menu. His hands intertwined with each other as he sighed and looked through the Cafe` window. Then, his phone rang. He looked at the digits on the screen and then answered it, hestitantly. "Hello..?" There was a slight pause, but then she spoke. "Hey, Rome. It's been a while, hasn't it?" "Y-yeah, it has." He was shocked, and confused. Of all people, why did she call him. "How have you been? I miss you, a lot." She said. "I've been.. good." He replied. He took his frap, and took a walk outside. "Why did you suddenly call me?" He questioned. "I told you.. I miss you, alot, Rome." He stopped in his tracks as he saw a familiar figure ahead of him. He hung up the phone and stared at her. She looked up at him, and smiled. She was wearing the necklace that he bought her when they were together. The other half of the heart necklace that he was wearing. He brushed his fingers across his necklace, and tucked it inside of his shirt. "What are you doing here." He said in his monotone voice. "Just taking a walk. This was unexpected.. Can we talk?" She asked. He sighed before nodding.

 

"So.." She started. Rome just stayed quiet. "If you're not going to say anything, I'll just leave." He tried to stand up, but she held his wrist. "No, please. Stay." He felt his heart skip a beat when she touched him, and gave up. He sat back down on the bench. She looked at his heart necklace that was peeking out from his shirt, and chuckled a bit. "You've been wearing that all this time?" He held it in his hand, trying to cover it up, but there was no use. She already saw it. "Rome-ah, do you still have feelings for me?" She suddenly asked. His head turned to her in shock, "Soeun, I-" His eyes widened, as he felt her soft lips pressed on his. Then he pulled back. "Soeun, what-" "I want to date you again." His heart skipped a beat again. He still had some feelings left for her. Right when those feelings were about to completely fade away, she had to pop back in to his life again. Making all of those lost feelings come back again. "Is that a yes?" She smiled. His mouth was just slightly open, he was at lost of words. "Let's forget that we've ever been apart." She said as she layed her head on his shoulder.

 

After a while, she stood up. She gently pulled his hand, making him get up with her. "Come on, let's go somewhere." She started to pull him. He already knew where she was taking him by the pathway that they were walking on. There were bright pink cherry blossom petals falling down as they walked through. He looked at the trees, as they brought back memories. "Rome-ah." She stopped walking, and stood in front of him, holding his other hand. "Remember this place?" He just stayed quiet. "This is where we met, and we would always take walks here. It's still beautiful as ever, isn't it?" She smiled at him, and he awkwardly smiled back. He stared at her for a while with sad eyes, and let go of her hands. "Why do you suddenly want to get back with me? Didn't you have another boyfriend? Didn't you leave me for him? Why did you come back?" He questioned. He felt like something wasn't right. He felt like she was just going to toss hiim away again. "I was wrong. I wasn't happy with him, like I was happy with you." She replied. Again, he stayed quiet. She looked at the time on her phone, and grabbed his hand again. "It's getting late, could you walk me home?" She asked. He just nodded, and lead the way.

 

They stood in front of her house. He was surprised that he still even knew the way to her house, since it's been a long while. "It was nice seeing, and talking to you again, Rome." She smiled. She gave him a peck on the cheek before she went inside. He stared blankly at her door, and slowly turned around, walking back to his house. What's wrong with me? Am I crazy? The whole time he's been with her, his mind has been blank. He layed on his bed, and stared at the ceiling. Should I give her another chance? If I did, would she just toss me away again?.. He didn't know what to do anymore.

 

The next morning, he heard noises coming from his kitchen. He rubbed his eyes, and headed towards the noise. He saw her cooking breakfast for him. "How did you get in here.." She flipped the pancake over before replying, "I still had the key to your house that you gave me." "Oh.." He simply said as he sat down. "Meogeo." She placed the plate of pancakes in front of him.

 

Her hand squeezed his as they walked inside of the shopping center. "This is cute! Look!" She held up two couple shirts." He half-smiled, and thought to himself. Why am I doing this? He kept asking himself that same question over, and over again. "Rome-ah! Buy me this?" She held up a pink bear backpack, and talked in her cute voice. "Okay." He gently took the backpack from her, and payed for it. Then, he gave it back to her. "Yay, I love you!" She squeeled, and hugged him. He frowned a bit, "Mhm.." He didn't completely trust her words. Instead, he was cautious. He knew she didn't mean those words. She just said those words because he was being so nice to her. I can't do this.. He thought.

 

"Rome, let's get bubble tea!" She held his hand, and led the way. She was basically just dragging him everywhere. "Two Milk Teas, please.." He gave the guy the money, and gave Soeun one of the Milk Teas. "Thank you." She gave him a quick peck on the lips. Then her phone rang. "Hello?" "Soeun-ah, where are you?" The male's voice said. Rome furrowed his eyebrows, tilted his head, and listened. He knew that voice. "I knew it.." He glared at her, and let out a sarcastic chuckle. "How can I be so stupid." He turned around, and started to walk away.  Soeun looked as if she was frozen. "R-Rome!" She hung up the phone, and grabbed his arm. But he shook off her hand, hard. "You're still the same. Just like I expected." hung open. "Close your mouth before something flies in. I hope you're happy with that guy."

 

- FAIL.