Prologue

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

 

I just woke up from my 5 hour long sleep and wished I had more, but I had to finish a few projects due tomorrow if I don’t want to flunk college. I could sleep in since it was a Sunday, but I’m sure no one would dare make me since this day was… *drum roll* my birthday. As much as I want to skip this day, people who are close to me would eventually not let me off that easily. Not to mention Jaehwa and Tao.

*beep*

Received from: Kris
Date: 04/21/13
Time: 8:50AM
Subject: Dinner

Message:
                Be at the mansion at 8. Don’t be late for your own birthday you idiot.

*beep*

Received from: Tao
Date: 04/21/13
Time: 8:43AM
Subject: Good Morning!

Message:
                Open your door; There's a surprise waiting for you. :)

*beep*

Received from: (Unknown Number)
Date: 04/21/13
Time: 8:31AM
Subject: What’s Up?

Message:
                Hey, Hwayoung, this is Luhan. Happy Birthday! I got your number from Jaehwa. I’m back in Korea and I was wondering if we could meet up and hang out sometime?

I groaned and rubbed my eyes at the same time in the hopes of getting rid of sleep as I tried my best to decipher the letters of each text in my phone.

One was from the devil, Kris. I definitely don’t need to reply to that, but I have to take note to be on that dinner on time or else my father will have my head. Options… Delete.

The next text was from Tao, my boyfriend.

A smile crept its way up to my face as I read the text. I slowly got out of bed and made my way to the door opening it.

There was a large white box on the floor with a note and a bouquet of flowers placed gently above it. It was a beautiful arrangement of light pink thornless roses accented by a bunch of baby's breath.

Happy Birthday Hwayoung! Care to join me for lunch at the usual place? I'll see you there.

-Tao

I took the box inside my apartment and opened it to reveal a beautiful blue dress. He didn’t put it in the note, but I knew I have to wear this later.

I unlocked my phone and tapped a reply to Tao before heaving a content sigh. I still have a few hours left to enjoy this day with my panda before I meet face to face with the devil. Might as well live the moment while the moment's still mine.

Putting down my phone on the coffee table, I went to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast. In the midst of pouring my coffee I remembered the last text I had read.

Luhan…

Holy Sssshhhh… Luhan!?

I rushed back to the coffee table and snagged my phone from the surface searching for the last text I had ignored.

“Hey, Hwayoung, this is Luhan. Happy Birthday! I got your number from Jaehwa. I’m back in Korea and I was wondering if we could meet up and hang out sometime?” I read aloud so I could hear myself just in case I was wrong. I wasn't.

Right there. I almost fainted right there. Luhan, who has left Korea to study in China 4 years ago, is back here! For what reason though? I thought he was gonna stay in China permanently.

Eottoke!? What should I do? Should I reply or ignore the text and pretend I switched numbers? Ah, that won’t do. Jaehwa would probably deny that to him. Ugh! Even after all these years that monkey is still rooting for Luhan even when she had already accepted Tao!

Well, it shouldn’t really hurt if I hang out with him a bit and ask how he's been right? After all, he was the one that broke up with me to go to China. I’m sure he’s waaaay over me now and just want to hang out as friends. Yeah, just as friends. It wouldn’t hurt anyway so…

To: (unknown number)
Date: 4/21/13
Time: 9:00AM
Subject: RE: What’s up?

Message:
                Sure! When, what time and where?

After pressing send, I saved Luhan’s number in my phonebook and the minute I pressed save a reply from him popped up on my screen.

Received from: Luhan
Date: 4/21/13
Time: 9:01AM
Subject: RE: What’s up?

Message:
                I'll pick you up later at 3. Once again, Jaehwa gave me your adress. I can’t wait to see you again Hwayoung. :)

At 3... Yeah I think I have some time to spare. I'll go meet Tao at Noodle Restaurant at 11, be done with our birthday lunch, let's say... at 2, go home and change to take a walk in the park and then be at the Wu's mansion by the time the clock strikes 8. I think I'll be good to divide my time like that.


Chapter is short, but it's just the prologue. Next chapter will be much longer. Subscribe and comment! :)

Updated and edited thanks to: evangelouise. I'm open to all-kinds of suggestions so long as I can fit them in.

~ikanaide