Cuffed

A Goddess in Disguise

Chapter 24 Cuffed

I was waked up by a text message. Ughh who could it be texting early in the morning. I tried to hold my temper because I want to start my day perfect, no distractions, no dramas, no….L.

“Good morning princess. Rise and shine, and oh don’t forget to dress up, today’s the start of our school fair” Oh I almost forgot about the school fair, I better get up now or else I’ll end up trying to get through the crowd.

I stretched out for a while then got up to bed and combed my hair. I looked at myself at the mirror; coldness still lingers in my eyes. I rolled my eyes and washed my face then brushed my teeth.

I opened my closet and started searching for something to wear but then my eyes landed on the dress I wore last prom night. I planned on destroying this dress or selling it but this one is too beautiful to get rid of. I decided to put it instead on the corner of my closet where I wouldn’t see it.

“Hey, what’s with the mess” my father entered

I have been searching for something to wear but I just can’t make up my mind.

“Oh, I have been searching for something to wear” I said trying to smile

“You’ll look pretty on anything you wear”

“But”

“No more buts, just choose one and I’m sure you’ll be perfect”

My dad kissed me in the forehead then told me that breakfast is ready.

I searched for some more until I found the paper bags of dresses that Hyunwoo bought for me. I fished for the outfit that I wore yesterday and wore it. I glanced at the mirror and I look pretty, as usual.

I put on some perfume searched for my phone then I’m ready to go. I got downstairs seeing my dad and step mom feeding each other. It looked sweet and they look perfect with each other. Seeing them made me asked myself on when I would be able to find the perfect man for me, the one that who can be sweet, take care of me, and make me feel that I’m loved.

“Hey, come here, join us” my step mom noticed me

I sat beside my dad and started eating and they continued being sweet with each other, I’m getting jealous so I decided to finish my breakfast and dash to school before it’ll be filled with people.

But in my surprise, Hyunwoo is standing in front of our house with L and Eunhye holding his hand. Why am I feeling jealous? He is nothing to me now, nothing but a bastard who made me think that someone would be really in love with me, that someone would finally love me, and that he has fallen for me. I rolled my eyes to that thought and found myself running to Hyunwoo and kissing him on the lips, what the hell am I doing, I’m being pathetic. When I pulled off to the kiss, I glanced at L and saw him jaw dropped as in mouth opened. Why does he look jealous? I didn’t put too much attention to that thought because I feel like I’ve won today, of making him feel that he lost me and I didn’t lose him. I smirked at him and grabbed Hyunwoo’s hand and we walked our way to school.

“What was that for?” Hyunwoo asked while we are walking

“You’re my boyfriend right?”

“Yes, ofcourse”

“So I have the right to kiss you anywhere and anytime I like”

He blushed and became stiff for seconds but he recovered. It’s obvious that he isn’t used to kissing and all this things that comes with being in a relationship.

We reached the school just before the crowd filled up the huge quadrangle. There were kissing booth, jail booth, marriage booth and all this stuffs that has relations to Valentine ’s Day and it makes me puke. Like I’ve said, love is only for fools. We walked some more to search for something interesting but then people started staring at us. Is it me or is it Hyunwoo are they looking, whatever it is, I don’t care, they’re just jealous of my beauty and because Hyunwoo looks handsome without his glasses.

I felt like going to the powder room so I told Hyunwoo that wait for me in the horror house booth.

I was walking in the field fiercely making everyone make way for me. I saw a varsity player dropped his mouth open and I took the chance to go to him and close his mouth, oh it feels good to be powerful unlike back then, I was so weak, so fragile and it . People stared at me like I was something new to the campus and I love the feeling that they actually make’s way for me and the expression in their face, it’s priceless. I reached the powder room and where in the hell could I saw Eunhye.

“Hey, nice outfit” she said

“Nice boyfriend” I said giving nothing away, I thought she’ll freak out but

“Thanks” she said and gave me a wide smile. Huh she’s still the Eunhye I knew, I am more powerful than her now that I can make her cry anytime.

“You suit each other” I said but “You both are losers” I mumbled

“What did you say?”

“Oh I said you both look good together”

“Well, you and Hyunwoo looks perfect”

I faked a smile at her and it makes me puke. Suddenly he offered her hands and asked if we can be friends again.

“Yes , of course” I said and shook her hand, but I actually have an evil plan behind my mind

 I’ll ruin their relationship and make them be like me, destroyed, and has nothing left but me, my broken self. I looked at my face at the mirror and smirked then dashed off to Hyunwoo.

“What took you so long?” He said, his voice worried

“Just took care of some business” I said assuring him “Let’s go the horror house then?”

“Okay” he said smiling

We entered the horror house but it doesn’t scare me, they’re pathetic making people be scared of something isn’t scary at all. Is it only me or is it just my heart and feelings got stone hard that I can’t be scared anymore. Oh well, I brushed away that thought as we make our way to the exit.

It took me by surprise when someone grabbed my hand and cuffed it with handcuffs, at the end is… oh what the hell, it was L. How on earth could this possibly happen?

“Unlock the cuffs! Now!” I said already shouting but the one who cuffed us was already gone.

L just looked at me with his cold eyes; huh he has no right to be cold to me. We’ll if he’s cold, I will be colder. L started walking so do I and when we reached the school’s field.

“So how’s life?” I said trying to sound nonchalant

“Huh?” he said which made me irritated

“Are you dumb or deaf?”

“You changed”

“What the hell, ughhh forget it”

“Why are you doing this to yourself?”

“Doing what? Huh I look prettier right?” I said trying to be proud of myself

“You look different”

“Why are you saying those things?”

“Because you’re my friend”

“Friend? Yeah right!” I smirked

“Are you doing this because I date Eunhye?”

“What the are you saying?! I wouldn’t change the hell out of me just because of you, you bastard”

“Stop cursing”

“And who are you to make me stop cursing? Are you my father?”  “Stop acting like you care” I added

He suddenly stopped walking and looked at me straight into the eyes, his expression changed, not cold but worried.

“Let’s just go and unlock this cuff” I said trying to avoid an eye to eye contact

“Look at me” he said almost commanding. So do I looked at him straight giving him my cold eyes.

“Now what?” I said trying to sound I didn’t care looking at him

“Are you mad at me?”

“No”

“Did I do something wrong?”

“No”

“Then kiss me”

“ you. What the hell are you asking me to do?”

“Kiss me” Then I slapped him hard

“I can’t understand why you are avoiding me and then you suddenly changed yourself”

“I changed because I want to”

“And what about the ‘avoiding’ part?”

“I didn’t avoided you it’s just that I have some business to finish” “Oh, why the hell am I explaining things to you?”

“Then you’re still my friend right?” he asked out of the blue

Then that hit me straight in to the heart and it hurts saying him that word “friends” yes he said friends so it means that all that we’ve done just means that we are friends. And the kisses that he gave me were just nothing? Was just for friendship? Ouch, I didn’t thought he’d be this dense, that he didn’t notice that I loved him. I gave him my heart but he returned it broken, impossible to fix.

“Yes of course, we’re friends” I said emphasizing the word “friend”

“Let’s go then” he said smiling

Huh he really is dense as . How the he can act like nothing happened? We walked to the jail booth and they unlocked the handcuffs. I go straight to Hyunwoo and hugged him. I just needed a hug so badly. I tried to cry but there were no tears flowing out of my eyes. Huh I guess there is a certain amount of tears allotted for you to cry over one person, and I guess my tears for L is already used up.

 

“Are you okay?” Hyunwoo asked

“Yes, never been better” I replied like nothing happened

“Let’s grab our lunch then?”

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Hi guys I hope you're enjoying the drama mehe. Feel free to comment subscribe and upvote :) 

xoxo