Liar.

Liar. (Coward's Sequel)

Gayoon woke up at seven o' clock that morning. She stretched her body and stood up from her king-sized bed. She looked outside, the sun was shining in the middle of the blue sky. She smiled at the sight. Her smile faded when suddenly remembered that Jiyoon slept over at her place. She took a brief shower and dressed up. She didn't know how to behave after what she said the previous day.

She descended the ladder and stepped toward the kitchen expecting to find the blond-haired girl.

'Where's she?' Gayoon thought as she entered 'Maybe she is still sleeping'

Gayoon opened the fridge and took the milk carton and cereals. Her eyes caught sight of a folded paper on the kitchen counter, she bore down on it and slowly took it.

 

'Hey, beautiful girl,

when you will read this I'm probably gone. Sorry, I apologize for everything. I had to behave like that because of my doubts. I needed to know if... There was a future together... Sorry if I troubled you without knowing. I couldn't tell you goodbye, because you were sleeping peacefully in your bed. I have to admit that I entered in your room to see your pretty face for the last time. I'm leaving... I didn't tell you because I forgot. I want you to know that I love you too... And I accept your decision. I guess that's the best for both of us, Gayoon.

A friend,

Jeon Jiyoon.'

 

She choked on the milk after realizing the meaning of Jiyoon's words. She felt hurt, she knew that it was her fault. Her mind was still denying that she was totally in love with her friend. Her heart was broken but stubborn. She finally understood that her fears were groundless. She finished to take her breakfast as she put the letter in her pocket and grabbed her gray coat.

 

“Yes, please” she politely replied to the girl.

“Here you are” the girl handed at Jiyoon her boarding ticket “Have a safe flight”

Jiyoon thanked her with a smile and grabbed her luggage.

She was dragging her feet through the Airport searching for the gate which she had to go.

Her eyes were covered by her big sunglasses still teary and puffy. She cried all the night thinking about all the time she wasted waiting for Gayoon's negative response. She still felt the huge love towards the brown-haired girl, she knew that Gayoon wasn't easy to forget. She was her friend since they were kids and her love for her changed into something different as time passed. Three years earlier she decided to share with Gayoon all her thoughts and feelings hoping her to do the same, but the older one didn't. She was stubborn, she has always denied everything about her feelings, but she has always been jealous regarding Jiyoon. Whenever a guy, a person in general, got closer to Jiyoon she always got mad at her without any apparent reason. Jiyoon enjoyed those times watching how angry Gayoon was.

Her eyes looked at the monitor. Her flight was about to leave, she handed to the guy her ticket and passport. He checked them and gave them back to her.

“Jeon Jiyoon!” a voice arrived to Jiyoon's ears, she stopped and turned around not finding no one else than Heo Gayoon “Please, don't go...”

“Miss Jeon, the airplane is about to leave, please hurry up” the guy spoke.

Jiyoon didn't know what to do, she looked at Gayoon then at the boy, once more at Gayoon who was still hoping Jiyoon to come.

“Miss Jeon...”

“Shut up! Jiyoon, please... I need to talk to you! Don't go, I beg you...”

“Ga-Gayoon...?” Jiyoon's tears began to wet her cheeks.

“Jiyoon... Please...” Gayoon dropped to her knees ”I...”

Jiyoon's heart pounded against her chest.

“I... I love you, Jeon Jiyoon” Gayoon cried as well looking at Jiyoon's pale face ”I realized that you are everything I need. Give me one last chance”

“But, but...” Jiyoon was speechless and so confused. Her cry didn't help to talk.

“It’s a lie! Forget everything I said... I'm a coward”

Jiyoon dropped her luggage on the floor and ran towards Gayoon's arms. The latter closed her eyes feeling the warm embrace of the younger girl.

“I'm sorry, Jiyoon, I’m a liar…” she cried hugging her tightly like there's no tomorrow.

“Do you love me?”

Gayoon broke the hug and held Jiyoon's face, she studied her worried expression, memorized her flawless features, that smile which melted her whenever she looks at it, her beautiful brown eyes  and carressed her creamy skin.

'Is this what you want?' her mind asked.

'Yes, that's all I want. That's all I need.' her heart replied.

“Gayoonie?”

“I do. I love you more than my words can say”

Jiyoon couldn't help to blush, she looked away, embarrassed by Gayoon's stare, by Gayoon's words.

She looked at her lips, she just wanted to know how good they taste. Her heart was going crazy.

“Jiyoon, are you listening?” Gayoon said, pouting.

She shook her head, “Sorry, what were you...”

Jiyoon could just associate that new taste of feeling loved, it was a new flavor she had never ever tried in her whole life. It was a soft and sweet taste, exciting and humid kiss that it was taking her three meters over the sky. She kissed Gayoon back after few seconds. She couldn't believe it was happening. Gayoon slowly travelled her fingers from her face to her shoulders and pulled her closer.

Jiyoon gasped and gently pushed her away remembering that they were in public place.

“Gayoon, did we just kiss?” Jiyoon was still amazed.

“Yes, silly... Go to take your luggage”

Jiyoon nodded and with a cute smile she left Gayoon waiting for her. She didn’t know how to feel; she was really happy, of course, but she was still insecure about Gayoon’s feelings. Does she really love her? Or she wanted to try just because she was feeling guilty? She took her luggage and looked at Gayoon, she was sitting in one of waiting benches. Her expression was showing how happy she was. Is she happy because of Jiyoon? Or just because she knew she didn’t want to break Jiyoon’s heart? Gayoon looked at her and let out a smile.

‘You really feel the same as me?’ Jiyoon thought.

“Jiyoon, let me help you” Gayoon softly said taking the bag from Jiyoon’s hand.

“Gayoonie, wait”

The long-haired girl stopped and stared at her, “Yes?”

Jiyoon, once more, didn’t know how to ask what she wanted to know, she glanced at the girl and gulped, she was clearly afraid, she was feeling weak, she wouldn’t handle another rejection, another misunderstand.

“Are… Are you really in love with me?” she whispered.

Gayoon rolled her eyes, she felt the sadness in Jiyoon’s words and knew she had to explain why she rejected her.

“Jiyoon, listen…” Her eyes met Jiyoon’s “I love you, just I didn’t want things to change, I wanna spend my whole life with you, because I know that I have always belonged to you, since we were children, I…” Gayoon blushed “I loved you”

“So, I guess you want me to be your girlfriend”

“Don’t be stupid, of course I want!” Gayoon was getting mad “You…?”

Jiyoon just pressed her lips on Gayoon’s wanting her to know how much she loved her, how much she was waiting for that moment, how much pain it brought, all her feelings.

Their kiss was brief, but it expressed each other’s love.

“Let’s go, I’m hungry” Jiyoon said “Where’s your car?”

“In the parking, follow me. Where would you like to go?” Gayoon asked carrying Jiyoon’s luggage.

Jiyoon looked at her and felt happy, “Just take me somewhere we can be alone and…”

They were already in Gayoon’s car. Jiyoon blushed and looked outside.

“And… What, baby?”

“And… eat a lot!! I’m really hungry” Jiyoon whined. Gayoon just shook her head. She knew that it was the beginning of their life together, a life full of happiness and dorkiness.

THE END