Give Me Love

Give Me Love (One-Shot)

 

Title: Give Me Love

Characters: Park Hwajung, Lee Jeongmin and Lee Jinki

 

Listen to this - Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran

 

Give me love like him

'Cause lately I've been waking up alone.

Paint splatted tear drops on my shirt

 

The sky just turned dark and grey swirls fill the skies. Stars twinkled outside my window but lately the light hasn’t been reaching my room. Nevertheless I continued my sketch. I drew his thick bushy eyebrows, his eyes that I fell for, and his lips. Oh his divine lips that make every bit of me feels like heaven. The sounds of the charcoal on my sketch pad overshadowing the creaking of the door. The wind from the opened door slowly embraced my legs with cold. His foot steps – one. two. three. four. five – finally stood louder. I heard him sigh but still I continued to work on my art piece.

 

“Hwajung-ah…”

 

His voice, raspy and warm had caught my attention. I felt my lips curved into a crooked smile. My head turned to look at him. Slowly, I felt myself standing up. The charcoal piece fell from my grasp and turned to caress his face. He held my hands in return. I felt my feelings explode; I grinned and hugged him tight, my sketch pad in between us. His arms wrapped me in his and he kissed me on my forehead.

 

“Jeongmin-ah.... Look I drew you here!”

 

I tugged at his shirt and turned my sketch pad to face him who sat at my bed. His eyes fell on them. His smile slowly contorted into a frown. My heart clenched. Why didn’t he like it? I drew it exactly the same as every of his features.

 

I stood there for a few seconds lowering my drawing as I contemplated on sitting next to him. My frozen legs started to run at the corner of my room. I felt myself stiffen at the soft whisper on my ears. It started to sing. Our song. My song. His song. I held my cold hands out to block my ears. Block the song. Block him.

 

My memories came loose. It was unhinged.

 

I screamed.

 

“Give a little time to me, we'll burn this out

We'll play hide and seek, to turn this around

All I want is the taste that your lips allow

 

I closed my eyes tight. My eyes were making my cheeks wet. My heart clenched tightly. The way it hurts so much. I felt my heart hammering throughout my numb body. Arms s on my body to hug me. He was calling my name softly. But still I screamed louder this time, never hearing him call me. I screamed his name. I struggled out of the tight grips on my wrists.

 

“My my, my my-y, oh give me love

My my, my my-y, oh give me love

My my, my my-y, oh give me love

My my, my my-y, oh give me love

 

“Stop it… stop the song!”

 

“Make it stop! Please make it stop”

 

My screams it turned into an inaudible whisper. The spinning in my head. I can’t take it anymore. I felt my eyelids open. I saw a black silouette and I knew it wasn't him that I saw.

 

Then black.

 

It was Lee Jinki.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

After tucking her in her bed, Jinki sighed dejectedly. The moon illuminated her limp body. Her face so pale, so calm, was livid with cold sweat. His hand carefully touched her skin. He swept her hair into place before retreating it into its place beside his. Her lips. Contrasting her porcelain skin were still cherry in tint; they were so inviting, if only he could lean in and – Before he could think of it he kissed her forehead slowly tasting the saltiness of her sweat and quickly went outside to lock the door behind him. Heavily breathing.

 

A thing caught his attention. Her sketch pad was lying there on the floor. It was an old crusted one. The one that his younger brother bought her. Without thinking he crouched and picked it up. He dusted the cover and opened it. The sight was heart breaking. Page after page was sketches of his brother. Every flip was pictures full of Lee Jeongmin. It was never him, and it made his heart clench.

 

But what hurt the most was not that. It was how she never saw him. Never saw him before as a lover. Never seeing him now as him, Lee Jinki.

 

'Cause lately I've been craving more.

And it's been a while but I still feel the same,

Maybe I should let you go

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Two years ago

 

Jeongmin was nervous but nevertheless he was excited. He gripped his guitar tight on his hands which were slowly drawing some sweat. He looked out front and saw her looking at him with a smile playing on her lips. He had played it. The piece he wrote and sang to her. Next thing was he knelt on the grass covered with red rose petals and pulled a ring out of his pocket. A small piece of paper that was folded flew out of his pocket too.

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

And the word that escaped from her lips was the divine answer. When the answer dawned to him, his lips slowly curved into his famous cheeky smile. He jumped out of his feet and cried in joy. Hwajung hugged him tight and kissed him.

 

It was such a sight to see.

 

Especially to his brother who smiled out the whole time but thoroughly he was broken by now. His face was painted with a thousand pictures that couldn't even be hidden by a mask of his own. A few minutes later, the couple already left leaving Jinki still glued on the pavement feeling devastated.

 

He was the first one to meet her. It was him she should’ve fallen for, not Jeongmin. It should have been him. The thoughts ran throughout his head but interruptedd when he felt a small piece of paper on the tip of his shoe. He bent to his shoes and picked it out. The paper was crumbled in his hands. His eyes sorted it out, word by word and note by note. It was the song. Their song. Not his.

 

M-my my, m-my my, m-my my, give me love, lover (Love me … love me)
M-my my, m-my my, m-my my, give me love, lover (Give me love)

 

Unfortunately, the day after that, Jeongmin died. He was found by Hwajung inside his bedroom, laying lifeless on the wooden floor that was covered with dried blood, a knife stabbed in his heart. 

 

Hwajung got mentally scarred. Jinki took care of her.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Uploaded XD

AND FINISHED