Chapter

Perfect Guy

 

He's so dreamy. The way he moves on stage with such ease, such fluidity. How he smirks, knowing full well that he's making the millions that are watching him go weak in the knees. Of course, the millions can only dream of his strapping arms holding them up.

 
Even if you wipe that conceited smirk off, it's impossible to be mad at him. The smirk only gets replaced with warm puppy eyes that reach right into your heart. Such a chameleon. Such a delightful member of the male species.
 
Off stage, when he doesn't have to keep up with his "beast" image, he's...even dreamier, if that's even possible. All our friends agree that he's got a considerate and caring nature. He's gone out of his way countless times, like making sure to be punctual for appointments. He smiles, "We're all idols, what little time we have for our own should be fully made use of, happily. There's no time to waste waiting around for others."
 
After every outing, without fail, he sends us to our doorstep, before making his way back to his own place across town. When we say that there isn't a need, he insists, chuckling that he cannot allow harm to come to the nation's sweethearts.
 
There's many nicknames for men like him. Prince Charming, Mr Perfect, Mr Right, Mr I'll-Drop-My--For-Him-In-A-Heartbeat
 
I count myself lucky have him as a friend. Of course, it comes at the price of death glares, or even threats, from the hordes of fangirls and interested parties. The press is not interested in truth. Neither is the public. They feed off of each other, creating their little theories from what little they see. Funny how often we hear and read things about ourselves that we didn't even know about. He always brushes them off, saying what matters most is that we're living right and staying true to ourselves.

It's no wonder my best friend is in love with him. I know she's in love with him, because she often returns from a "chat" with him, cheeks flushed, unable to contain her giddy giggles for the rest of the night. "They make such a cute couple," the rest of the members would remark whenever the conversation steers towards them.
 
Hearing that always makes my chest strain. I never fail to deceive them though. These people that have known, seen and worked with me everyday for a decade do not notice that when I nod and smile in agreement, it's through gritted teeth.
 
We were never a couple. But if we were, would she and I make a cuter couple?