Luck Charms To The Rescue!

Seventeen is my Luck Charm

      The sound of slapping and banging echo through Soo Young's entire house.The whole neighborhood heard,but pray as they heard a scream from the Kim's house. Not a single one dialed 911 or step a foot into their house.

"DAD STOPP PLEASE!!! IT HURTS!!"

    Mr. Kim avoided all the reasons to stop beating Soo Young so he could continue leaving marks on her. It was as if leaving marks and seeing blood come out of Soo Young was a hobby for Mr.Kim. 

"WELL THAT WHAT YOU GET FOR KILLING MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!! YOU LITTLE B****!" 

   As anger built up inside Mr.Kim, he became even more controlling of Soo Young. He forcefully lifted Soo Young up by her hair, and pushed her as hard as possible to the marbled counter. A huge purple bruise was seen on her waist.

   Soo Young immediately fell toward the hard wooden floor with pain all over her body.The cold wooden floor was Soo Young's own bed. She was used to laying down with tears rolling down her face and hearig her own father laugh at her.

 What else could she have done to stop all of this? Call 911 or get any kind of help? That was impossible for her. What would happen to her if her father was locked up? She probably be on the street begging for money or worst being waited by her father so he could get revenge. Instead, Soo Young let her fears take control over her and dealt with the pain.

"Dad... I'm begging You... Please please s-stop."

Soo Young said as the pain never became numb.

"AISH! JUST GET OUT OF HERE! I DONT WANNA SEE YOUR FACE EVERY AGAIN!! THIS —GET OUT!!"

Shouted Mr.Kim.

  Mr.Kim didn't even have the sympathy to see his own daughter dripping blood with tears falling dow too. For a matter of fact, he was enjoying the show as she limped to no where. In his eyes, he sees a bad guy finally being deafted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That stupid old man,*sniff* why did you have to leave me mom,why?"

  Soo Young carefully limped along the sidewalk with tears covering her cheeks. Every step she took made her want to collapse on the ground immediately. However, she in the pain and cotinue to limp her way through.

  She was surrounded by old vintage houses; not even cute at all. Most houses had either a broken window or a broken door. Not a single house was fully repair and fresh,but cracked and dirty. Even the grasses weren't cut or watered for years. What is even more depressing of her surroundings,were that no one was there. Not a single person to be seen or heard besides her.They were all hiding in their home trying to survive on their own. Who knew this neighborhood was this bad? 

  Soo Young limped her way into the forest behind a factory where she knew her father wouldn't find her---like he would even try to. A forest where only her mother and Soo Young knew. It was a magical and precious place to Soo young, as it held precious memories. This forest seem like the only place she could be alone and never to be seen from society. She could have gone to the police,but what good would they do? Arrest her father and leave Soo Young with no body to watch over her? No, she couldn't do it. Soo young was too afraid of her father coming back for revenge. It all comes back to her father.

                      10 years ago

" Hey honey, let me drive instead. It seems like the alcohol really got to you at the party. Come on, pull over." 

Said Mrs.Kim in such a gentle yet panicking voice.

 It was around midnight after a party and picking up Soo Young at a friend's house. The babysitter insist on watching Soo Young for the night while the Kim's continue their partying. However, Mrs.Kim was too worried about Mr.Kim going overboard with his partying. It was time to leave and face the hangover in the morning.

 Mr.Kim had alcohol running through his body. The side effects were making him drive at the maximum speed limit. The car was more of a roller coaster for Soo Young and Mrs.Kim, making wide turns and going faster than the earth.

" naaaah honeeeeeeeyyyy! I-I can drivee don't-dont worry." 

" Honey,please pull over right now. You can barely talk correctly nor think properly!! We have a child in this car, don't make a mistake you will regret. PULL OVER RIGHT NOW!!"

  Mrs.Kim clutched on real tight to her seat belt and turned around to face Soo Young. Poor Soo young was sitting in the corner with a such worried face and hands also clutched tight to her seatbelt. Mrs.Kim was shaking as she imagine what would happen to her own family. She was so afraid of losing her youngest daughter from a reckless car crash. No she couldn't live like this if her thoughts became true.

 However, Soo young was silently gazing at her parents,wondering why in the world she was picked up by her parents? She wished to stay with her babysitter more longer,but then again being with her parents were more important. While in her little thoughts, Soo young felt the urge to speak out her mind.  

" Mom, wh-why did you pick me up so soon? Oppa could've let me stay even longer and watch him practice. I really enjoyed playing with him..."

" It's okay, sweetie we just missed you... A lot. I know you were having fun,but you can play with oppa later.... Don't worry though I will tell dad to slow down a bit. J-just listen to music and close your eyes, okay?"

 Said Mrs. Kim as she was trying her best to comfort Soo Young.

 She handed her phone with the earphones to Soo Young, and waited for her to plug the earphones in her ear and close her eyes. The car kept rocking and shaking so her earphones constantly fell out of her ears. However, Soo Young felt more relief,but still shaken from the car.

 The song begin to play in Soo young's ears making her forget about what was happening right now. The calm smoothing voice of her own oppa singing, made her feel so relax. She really liked oppa, very much. She wanted to become just like him. It's a surprised he made time for her despite his busy schedule.

 A suddenly shriek came from the front and Soo Young's earphones were knocked out of her ears.There she saw her own mother in such fear and screaming to stop. It was like a nightmare for both of them except this was reality.

 Mr.Kim for some odd reason,steered his wheel to the far left lane where a humongous truck was coming. The truck honked it's horn rapidly but Mr.Kim was just jumping from excitement. Soo Young stared with big wide eyes at the bright lights then to her mother. Never in her life have she ever witness this.

 Next thing you know it, the truck couldn't stop nor could Mr.Kim's car. Both car went head on head for each other and the blinding light broke. Pieces of the car and truck flew around them and glasses broken. Blood filled two seats  except for Mrs.Kim's seat.

 Soo Young managed to keep her eyes open and check her surroundings before screaming. She was horrified by the sight. It seem as if everyone were dead already,but she couldn't find her mother. Then she looked down and tears flooded her eyes. Mrs.Kim's arms were wrapped around her.

 Mrs.Kim was able to unbuckle her seatbelt and climb over to the backseat to hover Soo Young, before the incident happened. She saw this coming and immediately took action of her own daughter. So much blood were coming out of Mrs.Kim's hand, just so much. 

" MOMMY! PLEASE MOMMMY!! YOU CANT DIE NOW NO!! MOM WAKE UP OPEN YOU EYES!!"

 Mrs.Kim head begin to bleed all over Soo Young's clothes. She was slowly losing her breath and all of her blood. Her heartbeat slowed and slowed down. While on the other hand, Mr.Kim was knocked out with a minor cut on his face and his head on the emergency bag. 

 Soo Young panicked while shaking her mother gently to wake up. She didn't break her embrace from her mommy, but she made sure the hug was tighten. Unfortunately, Mrs.Kim could only just smile with tears falling down.

"Swee-tie...  Remember this, I always love you and will continue to.. You have to continue on li-living, promise me that?"

"Yes,I promise mom but you're not leaving me right? Please I can't do this without you mommy I love you too much!!!"

Cried Little Soo young as she held the spot where blood were mainly coming out of her mom.

"I-'m sorry I really love you.... This is good bye for now.. And your sis.."

  Mrs.Kim eyes closed right in front of the Soo Young. She screamed and screamed until she figured out it was the end. The end of her own mother's life. Tears fell down Soo Young face even more,she couldn't handle the fact her mother is no longer here.

 Soon later polices,ambulances,and fire trucks arrived at the scene with disappointment on their face. They forced Soo young out of her embrace with her mommy,but Soo young wasn't ready to let go. That is until her oppa came with tears also dripping down on his face. That day, Soo Young and her oppa watched Mrs.Kim being carried into the ambulance truck. The white sheets covering up the bloody mess.

         NOW FOR THE PRESENTS.       

  Soo young started to let her tears flow more freely down her puffy-pale cheeks. She calmly sat down on the clean cut grass with her back against the willow tree.Both of her hands covered her eyes to stop the tears from falling on her old sweater.

" Mom you said you loved me! People who love you wont ever leave you,but you did... Am I that useless? Even dad can't stand to look at me without being disgusted. Mom... Why?"

she yelled at the top of her lungs while crying over her mother's death rather than the abuse she got.

 Soo Young Pulled her knees up thinking the pain would go away if she just sat still. Her head against her bruised knees And her hands hovering her eyes. Being still wont cause anything to happened right? Maybe Soo Young should just end her mom's promise after all she can't complete it alone. The pain crept back up to Soo Young as she began to cry even more.

 However, the pain was suddenly stopping it's track. It was as something warm and strong stopped it from making Soo Young cry even more, like a mother's hug. Soo young felt so secure and less lonely than before. What ever was helping her, she let it be so she could continue being hugged by the warmth. If it felt like a mother's hug, Soo Young obviously won't do anything to give up on it. She needed one and yearn for one.

 The forest became silent with only her breathing and heart pounding to be heard. She enjoyed the quietness and slowly started to slip into her dreams with the warmth embracing her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       Hey everyone I'm back!~ For my old subscribe who have read this story, I changed a lot of things like a lot. You know New year new things haha ... I'm sorry XD Now that seventeen debuted YASSSSYSAGHSBSAJBD and going on to more variety shows where people actually sub it for me.. I CAN FINALLY BE ABLE TO CONTINUE WRITING MORE!