Happy Birthday!

Saeng-il Chuka Heyo!

 

I’ll love you forever

Never doubt me

For this…

Is my eternal truth..

 

 

 

“When I said I liked you…I lied.”

 

 

“I love you.”

 

 

 

 

 

Minho sighed and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. His eyebrows were creased together in what seemed to be a permanent frown and his dark chocolate orbs stared off into nothing.

 

“Hyung…if you keep that up you’ll end up with wrinkles, and then she’ll never like you…” A smiling Taemin stated off-handedly before patting the older male on the back in a reassuring manner.

 

Minho’s frown seemed to increase slightly before he groaned helplessly and flopped backwards onto his bed. “That doesn’t make me feel any better Taeminnie…I’m nervous enough as it is..”

 

Taemin stared at his hyung for several seconds in amazement, after all, since when was the usually calm, stoic, and reserved Choi Minho ever a stressed out, somewhat whiny teenager..? 'Never' Taemin thought to himself. Well, at least never until this very moment…

 

“Hyung, Just go to her and tell her how you feel. She’s a nice girl and the other hyungs really like her a lot. She can stand up for herself and the other Noona’s at school respect her. She’s good for you hyung…don’t let this opportunity escape you okay? I’m sure she feels the same. I see the way you two look at each other…It’s a love to last a lifetime…”

 

Minho remained silent for several moments before his eyes brightened and he quickly stood up, nearly knocking over Taemin in the process. “Taemin…thanks.” Smiling that familiar heart stopping smile, Minho gave his dongsaeng a one-armed hug before he grabbed his hoodie and bolted out of the room.

 

Several seconds later, a surprised and slightly miffed Key stormed into Minho and Taemin’s shared room. “Where the hell does Minho think he’s going this late at night???”

 

Taemin smiled playfully and walked passed him hyung. “To find his eternal truth..”

 

~~*~~

 

You squeaked in surprise when you felt a pair of strong arms wrap around you from behind. Suddenly a familiar cologne flooded your senses and your body immediately relaxed.

 

“M-Minho-sshi…what’re you doing here..? And…I’m working right now…people are staring..”

 

Minho shook his head and held your body closer to his before he released you and turned you so that you could look up into his eyes. “I don’t care, follow me, it’s important.”

 

Without waiting for a reply, Minho quickly removed your waitress apron and pulled you out of the restaurant where you worked.

 

“W-What?? Minho wait!!” You felt butterflies well up in your stomach as Minho tightened his grip on your hand. Eventually you both came to stop in a familiar park, Minho had his back facing you.

 

“Minho…? What’re we doing here..? We haven’t been to this park since we were in middle school..” You stated in a murmur, you were still trying to catch your breath.

 

“Wait for it…” Minho whispered softly before glancing at you out of the corners of his eyes.

 

“Wait for what..?” You tilted your head to the side in curiosity before something caught your eye. Blinking in surprise you looked past Minho and to your left. The streetlights had as well as the lights for the large cobble fountain that the two of you used to play in as children. Your eyes widened when the shimmering lights landed on white and red rose petals that completely decorated the fountain. Your felt your breath catch in your throat as Minho walked over to a bench and picked up a single sunflower. Your favorite flower.

 

Minho watched your every movement as he slowly approached you. He briefly glanced down at the sunflower in his hands before he placed a soft kiss on a petal and looked back up at you.

 

“Remember when I said I liked you? And that you’re the best friend I’d ever have..? That I never wanted that to change..?” He questioned softly as his eyes darkened in an unknown emotion that sent shivers up your spine.

 

You nodded slowly, still unable to grasp the situation.

 

Minho smiled softly then, a loving look flowing into his eyes as he handed you the single sunflower.

 

“I lied..”

 

You blinked and looked at him in confusion. What was he getting at? Even though you had known Minho for many years he still managed to catch you off guard. His next actions left you completely breathless.

Still smiling he pulled you into a secure and comforting embrace. “I love you…now and forever. You…are my eternal truth…” Grinning, Minho kissed away the tears that streamed down your cheeks before he pressed his lips against yours.

 

 

 

My eternal truth is that…

 

…I’ve loved you all along…