Chapter 1

You're My Cupid!

 

“Soo Young-ah! What are you staring at?” I realized that someone was talking to me but I just replied, “Not now. I’m busy,”

“Yeah, busy with stalking! Do you know that stalking is illegal in some countries?” my best friend, Hong Young Gi said rolling her eyes at me. Young Gi is my best friend in the whole world. In other words, we are friends that understand each other a lot. And I mean, A LOT. Even things that I never want anyone to know, she will know them just by looking at me. And she’s cute.

“You know, you can always confess to him.” Young Gi said with a teasing smile on her face.

“To who? Confess what?” I asked feigning innocence, hoping that she will buy it. But,

“Duh, Min Jun. Kwak Min Jun!” she whispered. The books that I’ve been holding immediately dropped onto the floor with a loud thud. I blushed and I could feel my cheeks burned from embarrassment.

“W-w-what a-a-are you talking about?!” I stuttered at her. Young Gi laughed at my reaction.

“Soo Young-ah, you’re so cute!” she smiled, pinching my cheeks. I tried to push her hands away only to have her hugging me in the middle of the corridor full of people.

Then, I heard someone laughed at us. It was Min Jun, Kwak Min Jun. The person that I like since middle school. The school’s president as well as the top scorer at our school and also excellent in sports. He noticed that I was looking at him and he smiled at me before turning away and went to his class. It all happened so fast that I couldn’t give him back a smile or anything. But thinking the other way around, maybe he pitied me or something, that’s why he decided to give me a smile. Like making a donation to the needy ones. Talk about low self-esteem. I’m just a normal girl, a bit nerdy at times. My hair is not fashionable like the other girls, for example like Young Gi and I don’t even wear makeup. I don't even know what a BB cream is.

My eyesight is so terrible that I have to wear glasses everywhere I go. There’s absolutely  no way that the most famous guy in the school could have taken interest in me.

“Ah, this is so frustrating,” I said grumpily. Then the school bell rang. Young Gi and I immediately went back to our class. During the whole classes that day, I spent time imagining what will happen if I smile back at him and only to realize that in reality, I’m such a coward that couldn’t muster up the courage to confess to the person I like. What a big loser I am.

After class, I went home only to be welcomed by Melon, my white, fat Persian cat. Melon purred at me. It seemed like I was the only one home right now. I live with my sister who works as an interior designer so she is almost never at home. Both of my parents already died, so my sister is the one that has been taking care of me until now. We barely talked to each other, let alone hanging out together. I went to the kitchen and noticed a note that she left for me on the fridge. The note said, “Won’t be back today. Left some money on the table. Use it well,” I opened the fridge and grabbed a cup of pudding and quickly went to my room.

I changed my uniform and wore a big and comfy sweater with a pink short. After that, I ate my pudding while watching some news on my laptop. The headline for today was “A group of burglars at large”. Burglars, huh? Anyway, I couldn’t care less about it.I put on a face mask, lying on the bed reading some magazines.

Suddenly, I heard a loud thud coming from my sister’s room. I got up quickly. It couldn’t be my sister because she already left the note on the fridge. So who could it be? The burglars from the news? No, it couldn’t be because I already locked the front door. Maybe it’s just Melon. As I went towards the source of the sound, I grabbed a baseball bat to defend myself. I opened my sister’s door only to find 3 guys wearing black tuxedos. I’ve always imagined that burglars wore those tight jump suits carrying a large sack to put the things they have stolen in it but burglars wearing tuxedos? 

“What in the world…?Who are you?!” was all I managed to say despite all the shock knowing that there are 3 guys in my sister’s room. Then, one of the guys, with short dark brown hair and fair skin even fairer than me, came walking to me.

“Stop right there! Or I’ll hit you with this bat!” I threatened him, gripping the bat tightly. The guy stopped moving for a minute and smiled at me.

“Soo Young-ah, actually we’re-,” he began but I quickly butted in.

“Stop talking or I’ll really hit you with this bat!”

“Hyung! See? I already said that this was a bad idea!” pouted one of the guys with a dark brown hair.

“Relax, Chi Hoon-ah. Just trust me,” the person he called as ‘hyung’ replied. He continued walking towards me.

“I’m warning you! Stay back or I’ll hit!” I said fiercely. He just shook his head, laughing.

“Hahaha, I know you won’t-,” before he could finish the sentence, I hit his head with the bat. He paused for a moment looking at me.

“Yah, why is it so hard for you to let me finish speaking?” he whimpered to me, rubbing his head.

“Tae Jun Hyung! You’re bleeding!” Chi Hoon exclaimed and pointed at his hyung’s head. Tae Jun touched the place that I hit him earlier and saw the blood on his hand. He just stood there laughing awkwardly and immediately fainted after that.

"Aish, that's why i said we should use the front door!" Chi Hoon complained.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS:

This is my first time writing a fanfic and I'm sorry for all the grammar mistakes that i made!