Final.

Superstitions.

 

The warm breeze blew through the tall trees, making the golden leaves dance and float in the sky. A sweet smell of lavender filled the air, making people’s noses twitch slightly in delight. The wedding procession was slow, the dressed in all white couple walked down the aisle unhurriedly, making the onlooking spectators shift their feet in impatience. Kibum sighed, his mouth dry and raw, for he hadn’t had anything to drink. Anxiously scanning the crowd, he spotted a table with the last of a bright blue drink sparkling in the sunlight. He knew it was extremely rude to leave, he was standing in the front after all, but he couldn’t bear it. He slowly backed away, his heart and mind solely focused on getting a drink. However, a cold hand grabbed his arm, making him jump.

“Yah. What?” Kibum whispered, turning around to see the culprit.

“Isn’t that a bit rude?” a short man who looked no older than himself muttered back, staring at him with huge, round brown eyes. His hair was dark brown, and his baby blue formal wear matched perfectly with his tanned skin tone. He was also noticeably handsome.

Kibum rolled his eyes in an irritated manner, flipping his jet black streaked with red hair to the side.

“I am thirsty, and I’m going to get a drink, if you would allow me to.” he spat quietly, glaring at the other’s unmoving hand.

“Kim Jonghyun. Nice to meet you too.” Jonghyun whispered, dropping Kibum’s arm.

 

Kibum absolutely hated it when people provoked him. Especially when he was thirsty or hungry.

 

“Go away.” he said, moving in the opposite direction. He safely--thank god the other wasn’t following him--reached the drink table, where he filled up his glass with the mysterious blue substance.

 

“What is this?” he whispered to himself inspecting the glass.

 

“Alcohol, if you must know.” a voice whispered behind his ear, making the Kibum almost shriek out loud. Instead, Kibum just jumped, making the drink spill all over his black shirt. His white tie was stained with blotches of bright blue.

“Yah!” Kibum made sure to keep quiet, furiously rubbing his shirt, “look what you did!”

“Sorry.” the familiar voice whispered, and Kibum knew exactly who it was.

 

“I will kill you.” Kibum grumbled, turning around and grabbing onto the Jonghyun’s collar, his eyes burning.

 

All Jonghyun did was smirk, smirk, and Kibum was awfully pissed off.

 

“How dare you smirk at me Kim Jonghyun?!” he said a bit louder, causing people in the back to turn around in curiosity.

 

“Shhh..calm down.” Jonghyun said, delicately plucking Kibum’s finger’s off of his shirt.

 

“This was a freaking designer shirt and tie!” Kibum whispered, a bit embarrassed.

 

“I’m really sorry.” Jonghyun said, sounding sincere.

 

“You are buying me another one this instant!” Kibum said, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

“Right now? But--”

 

Kibum gave him the are-you-really-going-to-fight-back look, and Jonghyun immediately became silent.

 

“Fine.” Jonghyun said, suddenly grabbing Kibum’s arm.

 

“Wait, I need a drink!” Kibum said, shaking loose of the grip and running back to the table.

 

“Holy you’ve gotta be kidding me..” Kibum said, looking at the now empty table. No cups, the drink was over, and Kibum was dying of thirst.

 

Kibum sighed, shooting daggers into Jonghyun’s warm brown eyes.

 

“Let’s go.” he whispered, walking slowly after Jonghyun. His throat was so parched it was burning by now, making him cough every few seconds.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

Kibum merely nodded, his throat not able to make any sound.

 

They settled in Jonghyun’s odd neon green car, and at once Kibum the AC.

 

“Do you have any water?” he asked in a raspy voice.

 

“N-No..” Jonghyun said, looking down guiltily.

 

Kibum let out another huge sigh, biting his chapped bottom lip.

 

“Are you really ok?”

 

“Yes, now drive!” Kibum croaked, giving him a scowl.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Just drive, you freak.”

 

“Freak?!”

 

“Drive!” Kibum said, hitting Jonghyun’s arm roughly, but Jonghyun didn’t even wince.

 

“I actually have some moisture..but I’m not sure if you would want it.” Jonghyun said, a grin forming on his face.

 

“Of course I would. Give it to me right now, please?” Kibum wheezed, practically begging.

 

“Ok..” Jonghyun said, lifting himself from his seat (getting the drink Kibum presumed). He strangely opened his door and stepped out, opening Kibum’s door also. In a flash, Jonghyun’s muscular arm pulled Kibum out of the vehicle and pushed Kibum lightly against the car, staring at the other’s slightly light brown eyes. Suddenly, Jonghyun’s hand found itself under Kibum’s chin, and he leaned closer to the other, his breath ghosting over Kibum’s dry lips.

 

“Jonghyun?” Kibum said, staring at him with wide eyes, his heartbeat dangerously increasing.

 

“I’m giving you moisture.” Jonghyun whispered, placing his lips gently on Kibum’s. Kibum froze, his body going into panic mode.

 

He gasped as Jonghyun’s tongue prodded against his chapped lips and slid inside his mouth. Kibum let his eyes close, his eyelashes brushing against the other’s cheek. Kibum’s mouth was soon filled with some moisture, and he let himself relax into the tender touch. Jonghyun let his hands cup the other’s pale cheeks, while Kibum’s hands wrapped themselves around Jonghyun’s slender neck.

 

The kiss lasted a few seconds until they both broke away, Kibum looking at the other with disoriented eyes.

 

“What’s your name?” Jonghyun said in a surprisingly calm voice.

 

“K-Kibum. Kim Kibum.” Kibum breathed out, panting.

 

“Let’s get you that shirt.” Jonghyun said, his eyes crinkling as a cute smile spread across his face, and he walked back to the driver’s side, settling down inside.

 

Kibum stood there, long finger’s trailing themselves over his now burning lips.

 

“Kiss..” Kibum said, staring off into space.

 

“Are you getting in?!” Jonghyun said rather loudly from the seat, making Kibum jump. He scrambled inside, afraid to look at the other. His heart was still beating uncomfortably in his chest, and his lungs weren’t functioning properly.

 


They arrived at a high-quality shop, and Kibum immediately ran through the store, searching for the suit. He didn’t want to miss the rest of the wedding, he had already disturbed it.

 

“Found it!” he squealed in glee, calling Jonghyun over.

 

“This is it?” Jonghyun said, eyeing the black shirt. Kibum nodded, rushing into the changing room. He quickly put the shirt on, surprised it fit perfectly.

 

“It fits Jonghyun!” he called from his stall, making Jonghyun chuckle (he was waiting outside). Kibum flew out of the stall, the newly found shirt in his hand and his ruined shirt on him.

 

Jonghyun followed him to the cashier.

 

“How much is it?”

 

“100,000 won.” (approximately $100.00)

 

“100 thousand?!” Kibum said, turning to put it back.

 

“We’ll take it.” Jonghyun said, calmly pulling out some money from his stocked wallet and handing it to the lady.

 

“Jong--”

 

“I’ll take care of it, promise.” Jonghyun said, signing onto the electronic pad.

 

Kibum let out a grateful smile, thanking him profusely.

 

“Come on.” Jonghyun said, pulling Kibum out of the shop, holding hands.

 

“I have to change!”

 

“Change in the car.”

 

“But..”

 

“We’ve already kissed Kibum.”

 

Kibum blushed scarlet, interlocking his fingers with the other’s. Jonghyun noticed and smirked, squeezing the other’s hand. They walked to the car and Jonghyun got into the driver’s seat.

 

“Ill change in the back.” Kibum said, opening the door and going inside the passenger seat.

 

“Stop being a girl.”

 

“Shut up.” Kibum muttered, slipping off his tarnished shirt and putting the new one on in a flash.

 

“I”m done.” Kibum said, opening the door and getting out of the passenger seat to move to the front seat.

 

Suddenly, the neon green car moved a few feet forward, startling Kibum.

 

“Where are you going?!” Kibum shrieked, running up to the car and banging on the driver’s window.

 

“Nowhere, just moving the car.” Jonghyun said, rolling down the windows.

 

“Don’t do that.” Kibum said, his nose flaring in anger.

 

Kibum once again tried to get into the car, but the same event repeated itself.

 

“Stop! Kim Jonghyun!” Kibum screeched, banging on Jonghyun’s window hard.

 

“Sorry.” Jonghyun said, sticking out his tongue.

 

“Don’t you..dare...” Kibum took cautious steps towards the front seat, his cat-like eyes watching Jonghyun’s every move.

 

He spotted Jonghyun turning the keys in the car, and at once stepped in front of it.

 

“KIM JONGHYUN!”

 

Jonghyun couldn’t help but shiver at the loud sound emitting from Kibum’s small mouth. Kibum grit his teeth and ran towards the front seat, opening the door before Jonghyun could do anything else. He sat down, slamming it shut.

 

“We have a wedding to go to!” Kibum yelled, flicking Jonghyun’s ear with his pointer finger.

 

“Yes ma'am.”

 

Kibum sighed dramatically. looking out the window.

 

They reached to the wedding place in no time, and the couple were almost done taking their vows. They quietly rejoined the extremely restless crowd, blending in perfectly.

 

“You are now pronounced, husband and wife.” the priest said, and everyone applauded for the newly wed couple. The pair kissed briefly, the woman blushing like a tomato when people let out “aww”s.

 

“Now, ladies and gentleman, we will have the bouquet toss.” a man said (presumably the bride’s father).

 

Kibum and Jonghyun both rolled their eyes, the bouquet toss was an unreliable, fake superstition. According to Korean culture, the bride and groom would throw a flower bouquet, and whoever caught it had to get married in 6 months. If they did not get married, he or she would not get married for another three years.

 

Everyone cheered, waiting for the collection of  purple and bright orange flowers to be tossed in the air. Kibum couldn’t see why anyone would ruin such a beautiful bouquet for a fictitious belief.

 

The pair finally threw the flowers, and to Kibum’s surprise they were headed straight for his face. His eyes widened, stretching his arms up. He had no other to choice to catch it, but was surprised when another pair of familiar hands caught the other half of it.

 

The crowd gasped as both Kibum and Jonghyun caught the bi-colored bouquet.

 

“Ooo..” the group whispered.

 

“Jonghyun..” Kibum said, looking at the other and raising his eyebrows.

 

“This is stupid.” Jonghyun said, smiling and giving it to the lady in front of him. Kibum nodded, but his heart was pounding from the unexpected event that took place.

 

“You guys are gonna get married to each other!” someone whispered in Kibum’s ear, making the diva scowl.

 

“Shut up.” he mumbled, rolling his eyes.

 


Do you think we’ll get married?

~Jonghyun :P

 

Kibum scoffed at the text he got from the man he had met yesterday.

 

Of course -_-

Seriously, do you believe that stuff?

~Kibum >:(

 

No yeobo. It’s just that I know you love me.

~Jonghyun

 

Kibum flushed red, looking around his workplace to see if anyone noticed. He worked in a small coffee shop, bustling with customers regularly.

 

Let me call you.

~Jonghyun

 

Kibum was about to text “Why” back, but his phone rang. He picked it up, sighing at saying “Hi Jonghyun.”

 

“Hi yeobo.”

 

“Stop calling me that!” Kibum snarled.

 

“Where are you, yeobo?”

 

“Work. And please, stop calling me that.”

 

“Where do you work?”

 

“Why do you want to know?”

 

“Come on, yeob--”

 

“Have you ever been down ___ St? There’s a small cafe at the end of the street. I work there.”

 

“Ahh..I see.”

 

“Why did you call?”

 

“Just to see where you were.”

 

“What was that text about?” Kibum snarled, flaring up again at the thought of the “I know you love me”.

 

“Oh, us getting married? Or was it that part about you admitting your love for me?” Jonghyun said, sarcasm filling his voice.

 

“I didn’t admit any stupid love for you Kim Jonghyun. You were the one who claimed that I loved you.” Kibum spat, but his face contradicted his words. He was scarlet by now, his eyes worriedly traveling from side to side.

 

“Oh, really? But you didn’t deny it, did you?”

 

“Because you didn’t let me, bastard!” Kibum said, resting his hand on his pounding heart, trying to calm it down.

 

“Aigoo..so cute.” he heard Jonghyun whisper, and he was at once curious.

 

“What’s cute?”

 

“N-Nothing, yeobo.” Kibum rolled his eyes.

 

“I’m coming to your shop with a friend, ok?”

 

“W-What?! Why?!”

 

“I’m on ___ St. I’m coming. Bye, yeobo.”

 

“Yah--” but Jonghyun had already hung up. Kibum sighed, slamming his phone of the table and causing customers to jump slightly. He bowed in apology, embarrassed.

 

A few minutes later, Kim Jonghyun walked into Kim Kibum’s workplace, at once spotting the noticeable boy behind the counter. He came with a female, about his age, named Shin Sekyung.

 

“Hi Kibum.”

 

Kibum jumped at the greasy, familiar voice.

 

“J-Jonghyun.”

 

“This is Sekyung, my best friend.” Jonghyun said, smiling at the girl. She was really his best friend, he could talk to her about anything, anyone, and she didn’t mind. She had a heart and mind of gold, and Jonghyun really appreciated her for being with him his whole life.

 

“Hi Sekyung. What would you like to order?” Kibum said, a tad jealous when he saw the shorter female.

 

“Two coffee’s please. Thats it.”

 

“Ok.” Kibum said shortly, typing in the order.

 

“Where should we sit?” Jonghyun asked. Kibum raised his eyebrows, looking confused.

 

“Anywhere you want to?”

 

“Tell me Kibum, I’ll sit wherever you want me to!” Jonghyun said in a whiny voice, causing Sekyung to snicker softly.

 

“But..fine fine. Go sit by the window.” Kibum said, rolling his eyes and pointing at a vacant table.

 

“Yes sir!” Jonghyun said, giving Kibum an obnoxious salute and stalking off with his best friend.

 

“He totally likes you.” a voice said behind Kibum and Kibum jumped.

 

“Taemin!” he said, pure shock in his tone.

 

“He likes you.” the auburned hair boy said.

 

“Who? Jonghyun? Na--”

 

“Don’t deny it. You know you like him too.”

 

Kibum clenched his fists twice before grabbing onto the younger’s thin wrist.

 

“We are going to have a little talk, Lee Taemin.” he snarled, pulling the other into the storage room. He felt Jonghyun’s eyes burning into his back as he dragged the boy.

 

“I..Jonghyun..I don’t..” Kibum stuttered, his eyes exhibiting a shy-like expression.

 

“Come on Kibum-hyung! I know you do, and he’s a pretty decent guy.”

 

“Ahh..well..” Kibum blinked several times, nervously pulling on his fingers “Fine. I might like him?”

 

“Like who?” a voice said from their right, and Kibum’s head snapped up rapidly.

 

“Jonghyun!” Kibum sighed, his face turning scarlet. He rubbed his now sprained neck.

 

“I’ll leave you two.” Taemin said, snickering and walking out of the room.

 

“Yah, Taemin-ah!” Kibum said, his hand awkwardly floating in the air, wanting to call the younger back.

 

“Who do you like? Are we really not gonna get married?” Jonghyun said, sounding earnestly concerned.

 

“What..m-married? When were w-we going to get married.”

 

“We have to. We caught the bouquet together.”

 

“You actually believe in that stuff?!”

 

Jonghyun looked at Kibum, his eyebrows furrowed. He slammed the door to the room shut, leaning over Kibum slightly.

 

“I believe in it, because it’s you.”

 

Kibum bit his bottom lip, looking away.

 

“What does that mean?” Kibum said, though already knowing the answer.

 

“Isn’t it obvious? I like you..a-a lot.” Jonghyun said, slowly closing Kibum into the corner.

 

“You do?” Kibum said, in a breath as he felt his back hit the crevice of the wall.

 

“I love you. As stupid as it may sound, only knowing you for 24 hours. You can call it love at first sight. Although you probably don’t believe it..”

 

“I-I..”

 

“You?”

 

“I believe in it. I believe in all of the superstitions. I-I now believe in love at first sight. I..I..me too.”

 

“You too?”

 

“I love you too.” Kibum whispered, now biting the inside of his cheek.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened in disbelief for a fraction of a second, but the emotion was soon replaced by utmost joy upon hearing the four words.

 

“Before we kiss, stop biting your cheek.” Jonghyun said, caressing the side of the other’s cheek.

 

“K-Kiss..” Kibum said, his heart pumping blood speedily.

 

“We’ve already kissed Kibum.” Jonghyun said, leaning to capture the boy’s bow shaped lips.

 

“We’ll get married soon too, eh?” he added, smirking as he saw Kibum’s face flush red.

And with that, he pressed his lips onto Kibum’s, sealing their pact.

 

 

Yay, that was fun to write :) Hope you enjoyed!

Comments are always appreciated <3