Chapter 01; The war begins

Dear You: The War

Chapter 01; The war begins

 

In America: Washington, DC: White House (April 1, 2013)

 

The White House is surrounded by many people from around the United States. The most important people that are present on the spacious balcony is the US president Barack Obama, South Korea president Park Geun Hye, France president Francois Hollande, Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Canada’s Prime Minister Stephen Harper, and England’s Prime Minister David Cameron. The area is filled with flashing lights and voices. Many news reporters are anxiously waiting for the speech to be made by US president Obama. Crowds of people are too, outside the White House waiting to hear what Barack Obama has to say about the war that North Korea had declared. Many people were frightened because they could be bombed anytime, especially in the west coast. The presidents all sat down on the chairs that had their own country labeled on it. President Obama walks up towards the microphone that is on the brown stand that has the eagle logo. He clears his throat and raised his hand for the voices to die.

 

“(On behalf of the American people, I want to extend my warmest wishes for the valley and to those who celebrate this auspicious holiday, here in America and around the world. The valley is the festival of lights, the time when members of some of the world greatest face celebrate the triumph of good over evil. The significance is way out of the same script first leave us from false and to truth, from darkness to light, from death to immortality. This is a time for celebration; it is also a time for contemplation when we remember those who are less fortunate. Those who may not be eating as heartedly or celebrating as festively; those who don’t enjoy the same right to speak or worship freely and make up their lives of what they wish, our hearts are with them. Not just today, but every day and at this sacred time of the year, let us join together of denominations, religion, and cultures to make a habit of empathy and reach out to those most in need. To share the blessings we enjoy and advance the cause of peace in all corners of our world as families and communities gather to rejoice and reflect of the great food.) Excerpt from Obama’s declaration speech- My fellow people of the United States; we’ve tried hard to have peace and trust from everyone. North Korea has declared war on us. The reason being is because North Korea wants to feel superior and strong. I, as president of the United States, need to protect my citizens. North Korea has nuclear weapons and we need to stop them before they stop us! We’re going to war!” President Obama’s speech earned loud cheering and clapping. It also brought some to tears, still frightening them. From the balcony, you can see acres of people on the ground holding up a mini American flag as they sang the American National Anthem, putting their right hand on their left side of the chest. People cheered louder and waved their flags. ‘Is President Obama putting the Americans in danger?’ is a question that is frequently questioned.

 

                                                oOoOOoOo

In South Korea: Seoul (April 3, 2013)

 

Kim Suho walks across the jewelry room trying to find the perfect proposing ring. His eye scans every single ring there is in the glass counter. When his eyes landed on this bright shining diamond, he immediately pointed at that certain ring.

 

“I would love to see that one.” Suho requested as the beautiful lady behind the counters open the drawer and took out the ring he wanted. Suho puts on the white gloves and held onto the ring. The ring has a big bright white diamond in the middle while the thin round band is silver. ‘Perfect.’ He thought. The ring was simple, nothing too exaggerating for a proposing ring. His eyes glistens as he imagines himself kneeling down in front of Ji Sun, asking her to marry him. He then continues, “I’ll take this.”

 

“Okay sir that will be $1000 since we have a sale today. Would you like a bag?” The lady responded, putting the ring into the case. He shook his head ‘no’ and smiles, then took out his credit card.

 

Although his parent owns two of the biggest corporations in Seoul, he does not consider himself as rich or wealthy. He doesn’t want to be taken care of by his parent’s wealth; he wants to work for it. Suho doesn’t like to be spoiled and pampered. He likes things to be competitive that’s why he moved out and away from his parent’s sight to live by himself. The first few months for him were difficult but he pulled through. He worked hard to earn what he has now. He had to work 4 different part-time jobs at first but he got tired of it and applied for business in the Park Corps instead. Suho got a job as office assistant. He gets paid a lot, but that doesn’t make him rich; he got bills to pay. No way is he going to work for his parents because even if he works or not, they will still spoil him with thousands of dollars. Only once in a long while did he ever go visit his parents. Sure he loves them, but they can get too protective and worried about him. He just wants to tone down the overprotection a little.

 

“Thank you,” Suho thanked and then bowed 90 degrees as the lady does the same. He took off the gloves and handed it to the lady. Suho took the case of ring and walks out the store, nearly skipping.

 

As he headed for his car, he stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and slowly opens the case, revealing the beautiful white diamond ring. He smiles in satisfaction as he kisses the ring, and then closes the case. He carefully puts the case inside his beige coat pocket and continues heading to his car.

 

                                                oOoOOoOo

In South Korea (April 3, 2013)

 

“As estimated, we would need roughly about 10,000 men to go into North Korea.” Lee Gam, the head military leader of the Black Raid unit announced. President Park Geun Hye shook his head side to side while his index finger is against his lips.

 

“That’s too much Head Leader Gam. We need more men in the South because the North can surprise attack us anytime.” President Park Geun Hye disagreed.

 

“But Mr. President, our goal is to stop the North before they attack. That’s the reason why we need more men in the North. We can’t have only a little up there and have the rest here; that is absurd!” Head Leader Gam retorted. All President Geun Hye could do now is shaking his head side to side. He sighs countless times and took a deep breath.

 

“I can’t afford to lose our men. Remember the previous World Wars? It was bloody and casualties hit millions. I can’t do that to us… no, I don’t want to.” President Geun Hye says as he wipes his face with both of his palms.

 

“President Geun Hye, we need to do this for our country. Think about it, you can save millions of lives instead of losing them. Also, we wouldn’t have to deal with communism after this war.” Head Leader Gam suggested. No matter what, South Korea has to go to war. President Geun Hye sighs again and hits the cold transparent glass table with his fist.

 

“Fine, we’ll start gathering our men tomorrow.” With that, President Geun Hye got up to walk out the conference room.

 

                                                oOoOOoOo

In North Korea: Pyongyang (April 3, 2013)

 

Kim Jong Un, the dictator of North Korea, paces across the room like an angry man. The NK military commanders sat inside their assigned seats, staring at the dictator. Kim Jong Un is a young dictator who inherited his father Kim Jong Il’s place when his father died roughly 2 years ago. Kim Jong Un is married to a woman named Goo Sun Mi and not too long ago did she gave birth to a healthy baby boy named Kim Jong In. Dictator Jong Un has a baby face and many feels he is too young to be ruling the country but what can they do? They can’t tell him what to do because he is their dictator.

 

Jong Un came to sit at the end of the table and sat his arms on the black marble table. He looks at every commander and nods his head. The commanders didn’t dare to look at Jong Un in his eyes. They were afraid of him; not afraid like being afraid of a ghost, but worse. The people of North Korea knows what Jong Un is capable of doing and he will do it when he is determined. Like when he burned 30 North Korean citizens alive just because they tried sneaking out of the country. This dictator is psychotic and absurd.

 

“Everything is ready right? The weapons, the men, the aircrafts, the tanks and all that stuff?” Jong Un taps his right foot on the hard tile floor while still glaring at the commanders. All the commanders gulp in unison.

 

“Yes sir, we have prepared them all. They are ready to be used.” One of the commanders spoke. Jong Un shakes his head up and down in satisfaction.

 

“The Allies will be attacking us soon; I don’t know when and where but we need to keep our eyes open. It would take them a little while to prepare and get here, so meanwhile, we need to find a way to get the nuclear bomb towards the United States. Also, send some men to keep watch at the border.” With that, Jong Un dismissed them without hearing their opinions. Jong Un is hurting his country. Being young and stupid can get him nowhere. He got up and looks outside the city of Pyongyang.

 

He gives an evil smirk and crosses his arms. ‘The war has just begun.’ Jong Un thought.

 

 

                                                oOoOOoOo

In South Korea: Seoul (April 5, 2013)

 

As Suho got done paying the cashier, he immediately grabs his bags of groceries and almost running out the supermarket. When he got to his car, he opens the trunk and set the items down. He closes the trunk and ran towards the driver’s seat. When he got done buckling his belt and starting the engine, he drove off as quickly as he could. He plans to propose to Ji Sun tonight. He is going to prepare dinner at his place and have her come over. He wants to make this proposal as surprising and romantic as he could but right now he is going to be late!

 

Suho drove up in front of a big beautiful apartment building that is painted white. He parked in his garage and quickly got out to get his groceries. He clicks the little button on his keychain and the car automatically locks itself. He quickly ran into the apartment building while carrying his groceries. He glances at his watch on his left wrist and curses. He clicks the button for the elevator and waited impatiently for the elevator to open. When the elevator barely opened, Suho rushed to get inside it. Like what an impatient person always does, he repeatedly clicks the 4th floor button. Luckily there is no one getting inside the elevator so that made Suho’s trip to his apartment easy. The elevator opens and he rushes out as fast as he can. He speed walks the whole way towards his apartment and stops in front of room ‘D209’. He punches his code into the device and the door opens. He got inside the apartment and kicks the door closed. He walks towards the kitchen and sets the items on the grey marble counter.

 

He glances at his watch again and frowns. ‘Damn, it’s 5 pm already.’ He thought. He threw the keychain and his wallet on the table and then rolled up his sleeves. He got an apron and then puts it on. Suho then started taking out the groceries from the bags and sorted them out.

 

The two steaks laid flat on the frying pan as it began to cook. He then began rolling the raw beef into a bite-size ball. Suho flips the steak so that the other side would be cooked too. He took out the pack of spaghetti noodles and puts it into the already boiling pot. Yes—Spaghetti for a proposal date. Ji Sun loves spaghetti no matter what occasion it is so he has to make it. He places a saucepan on a free stove and began to cook the meatball. As the meatball is cooked, he pours in the tomato sauce that was sitting on the counter and stirs the combination together. He lets the sauce sits and went to strain the noodles. After straining the noodles, he turns the heat off for the steaks and grabs the two white plates to put the steaks on. He smiles in satisfaction as he breathes in the delicious smell of the steak. He quickly looks at his watch and it reads ‘7 pm’. He sets the steaks on the counter and went to set the table up.

 

On his balcony has a small picnic table with two seats facing the opposite from each other. Suho had set it with the two plates of steak, the two plates of spaghetti, a bottle of sparkling champagne, and other utensils. The center of the table has a vase of red roses and lavender scented candles. Ji Sun too loves red roses and lavender scent. The whole balcony was decorated with bright lights as Beethoven’s music is on. Again, Ji Sun loves Beethoven. From the balcony, you can see the city lights shining from a distance, just like what Ji Sun likes to see every time she is up in the balcony. Everything here is based on Ji Sun. How Suho loves her so much to do the things she loves.

 

They go back ages ago. Suho and Ji Sun were high school sweethearts. Suho was the team captain of Exo High’s football team while Ji Sun was the head cheerleader. They dated their 3rd year of high school and stayed together ever since. Now Ji Sun is in medical school aiming to become a nurse and Suho is an office assistant under the Park Corporation. He never thought about marriage until his best friend got married. Maybe it’s time for him to marry Ji Sun.

 

Suho is currently wearing a white tuxedo; under the tuxedo is a blood red collar shirt and has a white bow tied around his neck. His hair is neatly combed to his left side. He smiles idiotically as he takes out the ring that he bought two days ago. He has been practicing very hard these past two days and he thinks he got it. He is not sure about this but he is going to try tonight before it’s too late. He stands by the rail and pretended that Ji Sun was there. He took out the diamond ring and knelt down.

 

“Can you marry me? Can? What the —” He practiced, “umm—I love you, marry me? Urghh! I need you, marry me. What the hell is that? Marry me, I love you so much to let you go; I will die if you say no. Oh my god, I sounded desperate. Okay… Park Ji Sun, will you marry me?”

 

Just after he said that sentence, his phone rang. He got up and went to the table to get his phone. The caller ID shows ‘Boo’.  He smiles and immediately answers the call.

 

[Boo, are you coming yet? I’ve been waiting for you for so long!] Suho pouted.

 

[Ah, I’m sorry honey. That’s what I was calling you for. I can’t come tonight. One of my old friends from high school is over at my place. Remember Bang Yong Guk? He is my guest tonight so I have to take care of him. I’m so sorry baby! Next time okay?] Ji Sun explained.

 

[……… but—] Suho got speechless and angry. The happiness is now overwhelmed with anger, jealousy, and sadness.

 

[No buts! We always have a date together anyways! So the next date I’ll come okay? I love you and goodnight!] Ji Sun cuts Suho’s sentence and then hung up. He looks at his phone until her call ended, showing his phone desktop. He threw the phone on the table and sighs.

 

Suho swears that he is about to cry. Tears are starting to build up in his eyes as he just closes his eyes to not let it come out. He sits on one of the empty chairs and leans back while letting his arms hang down from the legs of the chair. His right hand is still holding onto the ring, almost letting it go. ‘Wow.’ He thought. He just did all of this for nothing. He slowly opens the ring case and at the same time setting it on the occupied table. He glances at his watch and it reads ’10:59 pm’. He sighs and looks around the balcony to the table.

 

“And this was supposed to be special…” Suho mutters. He grabs the sparkling champagne and pops it open.

 

“Cheers,” he concluded in a sad tone and drinks out from the bottle.

 

He continues having the date by himself. He got himself drunk that night with some of his liquor and pretended to dance with Ji Sun on that balcony. It is pretty absurd because he would pretend that Ji Sun is there. He thought it would make him feel happier and less depressed. But he thought wrong; it makes him at the urge of breaking down.

 

 

Author’s Note: This is the first chapter of Dear You: The War. I actually really wanted to put Sehun as the lead (because he is my 1st bias in EXO) but then I am picky on the age. Sehun is young and I actually wanted an older person. I would’ve chose Kris from EXO-M but sorry to offend you Kris lovers, but I DON’T LIKE KRIS (don’t hate me?). I have this huge hatred for Kris ever since I started reading this one story called Marked by BYG. Hopefully this turns out good. I’m thinking about putting in a scene of the bombing in Boston that just recently happened on April 15. This is getting intense. So many crazy things are happening right now and I need to catch up on them news. I’m gonna go watch the news while you guys read okay? Subscribe and comment please! Please leave feedbacks on how I’m doing so I can improve the story!