save

Entangled

 

salvage

gongchan/namjoo

friendship | 267 words

 

 

Her friendship is much more important and precious to him – to just waste it over an argument which is plain stupid and childish. At least to him, it is.

 

And his man’s pride will never let him admit it, but he is jealous. He is jealous of the attention she is giving to the other person because she looks at him the same way he’s always wished and wanted for her to look at him.

 

Gongchan has known Namjoo for half of his life – but she has never once stared at him with puppy dog eyes, batting her eyelashes (flirtatiously) or just simply calls him Channie-yah in that same tone she uses on him (the other guy)

 

Gongchan is jealous, and he has it bad. He knows it; he knows how deeply and hopelessly in love he is with his best friend. But if he can’t have her that way, he would rather her stay in his life as his princess Namjoo – instead of her leaving him behind and forgetting him completely; just because they argued over the fact that she has now started to spend lesser time with him ever since she’s been going out on dates.

 

He sighs as he picks up his phone and dials the number he knows by heart. He counts and waits until the fifth ring - when she picks up, and plasters on a huge grin (even though he knows she isn’t there to see it).

 

“Hey princess,” he greets her happily, as if everything is fine between them. “Pizza on me tonight?”

 

And just like that, all is forgiven.