truth

Entangled

 

 

hard to swallow

t.k/bomi

angst | 374 words

 

 

 

“Minwoo, there’s no easy way to say this – “

 

Then don’t say it. If you do, I’ll never get the chance to hold you in my arms again.

 

“ – you’re a really nice guy and you’ve always been really sweet...”

 

I’ll never get to hear your sleepy voice whenever I wake you up for your schedules in the morning.

 

“...but it’s just that I don’t think we can ever – “

 

Noona, stop.”

 

She did. Her eyes widened and gaped open slightly, but she stopped. He could see her taking in a deep breath as she fidgeted with her hands, waiting for him to say the next part of his sentence – whatever it was.

 

Surprisingly, Minwoo was the calm one here. He studied her face carefully, taking in every inch of her pretty, youthful face precisely because he knew he will never get the chance to look at it anymore after this – the same way he was looking at her then.

 

He’d be lying if he said he didn’t saw this coming. He’d be a fool if he truly believed that a future would actually come out of this – this thing, whatever they shared between the two of them. He’d be an even bigger fool to think that he could actually sing Moondance for her while they dance beneath the starry sky.

 

But perhaps, he really is the biggest fool alive – because he believed in all those things. He tricked himself into believing that everything could work out fine and they would actually be able to maintain a relationship under the radar of the public eyes’.

 

“It’s okay noona...I understand. We’ll still be friends, right?”

 

Bomi sighed in relief as she threw her arms around him and enveloped him into a tight hug. “Yes,” she whispered. “Of course we are.”

 

Minwoo smiled a painful smile as he her back gently with trembling hand. The truth, is sometimes harsher than reality. The truth, can sometimes be bitter to swallow – like bile caught at the edge of your throat; but the truth can also set someone free and in this case, he would rather let Bomi go than trap her in a web of lies weaved by his own selfish wishes.