Final

Semi-Formal Confessions

Anna SO did not want to be here, especially when her best and closest guy friend Kevin was just by his locker, grabbing his books that he needed for the day. Anna and Kevin have been best friends ever since they were little. All the time their friends would make fun of them, saying that they act a lot like a couple. Despite theat and the occasional arguments they would have, their friendship remained strong, until Anna made the biggest mistake of her life on Saturday night at the spring semi-formal.

"Anna, what's going on? Is there something wrong?" Kevin had a concerned look on his face after she brought him outside the dance hall to talk.

Anna took a deep breath and exhaled. She looked up and studied his face. His chocolate brown eyes staring into hers, the way his light brown, wavy-like hair was partially covering the dark brown hair on the back and on the sides, [A/N: think of his hair in Tick Tack :p lol] his mouth slightly frowning. "There's something I've wanted to tell you, and it has been bothering me for the past week." She slowly started. "I like you, Kevin."

"I know, Anna," he nodded. "I know you like me as a friend for the longest time," he smiled a little.

"No, that's not what I meant," she shook her head. She took another deep breath. "I like you, meaning I like you more than just a friend." Anna said nervously. Her eyes wandered and eventually looked up to him. There was a long silence as they were gazing into each other's eyes. After what seemed like a while, Kevin broke the silence. "I," he took a deep breath and continued." "I don't know what to say." He said awkwardly. Then his phone began to ring. "It's my mom. She's probably here to pick me up. I'll see you in school." He said and left the awkward scene, leaving Anna in a state of confusion.

Ever since that night, that scene kept replaying in her mind. She couldn't stop thinking about it. Sheheaved a sigh as she entered the classroom and slammed her books on the desk. "Ugh, I am such an idiot," she mumbled to herself. She wanted to hide from him, but there was no possible way if they have every single class together, especially when in every single class, they sit next to each other. She took her books out of her bag while Kevin walked in and sat next to her. Her stomach began to form knots. "H-hi Kevin," she stuttered.

"Oh, hey," Kevin replied in a disinterested tone, never making eye contact with her. She had never seen him nor heard him like this. As the day went on, she tried to talk to him about Saturday, but he would turn away and pretend he didn't hear anything. When lunchtime came around, they would alternate days on their schedule when they would have lunch together or with their own group of friends. Today they were supposed to have lunch together, but instead Kevin decided to sit with his friends. After school they would walk home together since they lived near each other. But when Anna asked him to walk home with her, Kevin told her that he was going to be with his friends and that he will arrive home a bit late. The same thing happened again the next few days, and at that time, Anna began to feel hurt. I knew it would end up like this, she thought one night as she was staring out the window, looking up at the full moon lighting up the night sky. If he doesn't want to be friends with me, he could've said something. Fine. Be that way.

For the next several days she ignored him, right when Kevin thought of beginning to talk to her and sort out everything. Day after day, Kevin tried to talk to her, but there was no response, as if he was talking to a brick wall. One Friday in the hallway, he stopped one of her friends as she was going to her class.

"Melanie, I've been looking for you everywhere," Kevin spoke to a petite girl with black hair with blonde highlights. She wore a lot of mascara to emphasize her eyes and had pink lip gloss on her thin lips.

"What do you want, Kevin?" She was ticked off a little as she tried to walk away from him.

"I just want to ask you one question," he stepped in front of her.

"Look." She said sternly and looked up at him. "I don't have time for this, I'm going to be late for class." She went around him.

"Melanie, PLEASE!" Kevin turned around and watched her walk away. "I just want to know what's up with Anna!"

At that moment, Melanie stopped and turned around as he continued. "Why has she been ignoring me? I need to talk to her, it's urgent."

She started walking towards him. "Um, hello? Isn't it obvious? She's mad at you. Upset. Hurt."

Kevin's eyes grew and fell silent as she continued. "She wanted to talk to you on the Monday after the dance, but you avoided her and didn't want to talk because you wanted to have more guy time, or something. She felt neglected all these days, and now you want to talk to her? Bad timing, dude." She glared at him. "She really likes you, Kevin. Actions speak louder than words, and with your actions that she told me about, look at the damage that has been done. You lost your closest friend in the whole world." Then the bell rang.

"Crap," she muttered and began to run off to class. "Good luck trying to get her back, dude!" She turned and hollered at him as she made a turn and disappeared to her class, leaving Kevin in the middle of an empty hallway.

At the end of the day, Anna headed towards her locker. As she opened her locker, a purple piece of paper slipped out and fell to the floor. She picked it up and opened it. It had neat, semi-script handwriting. On the note, she read:

Meet me on the rooftop at dismissal.

There was no name written on it, but the handwriting was very familiar. She quickly grabbed her books and went up to the top floor of the building and hurriedly looked for the door that led to the roof that was at the end of the hallway. The door was slightly open when she stood in front of it, and she looked around to see if anyone was around. The coast was clear and she quietly opened the door and silently went up a flight of stairs that led to the rooftop. She arrived at the rooftop and she was overwhelmed. The view was beautiful. The flower-covered treetops in the distance, the cloudless sky, the rooftop gardens of the apartment buildings nearby the school, were all beautiful. "It's beautiful, right?" A voice came from behind. Anna whipped around and saw a tall figure appear from behind, and it was no other than Kevin.

"I'm glad you came," he smiled as he approached her. He took her hand and led her to a different part of the roof. They approached a blanket and a basket, along with plates set out on the center of the blanket. Kevin pulled out a cushion that was underneath the basket and placed on one side of the blanket and gestured her to sit. She slowly sat down as he went around sitting opposite her. "This is to say I am sorry for ignoring you for the past several days," he explained. "Can you forgive me?"

There was a long silence. Finally, in days, she spoke up. "I don't know," she sighed.

A frown appeared on his face. "Are you still mad at me? He asked.

"Yes," she answered curtly and crossed her arms. "Do you really think a picnic would make up for this? I tried talking to you, but you wouldn't talk to me in the hallway, you didn't want to eat lunch with me, pick up the phone when I called you or answered my texts. I felt as if you were avoiding me, and it hurt me a lot. It's telling me that you don't want to be friends with me anymore." She got up and headed to the door.

"Anna, wait!" Kevin got up at ran after her. He grabbed her by the shoulder and turned around to face him. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Then why have you been avoiding me, Kevin?" Tears were about to roll down her cheeks. "Why are you acting like this? Why couldn't you tell me you didn-"

Kevin pulled her closer and kissed her on the lips. At that moment, Anna's eyes widened and her body tensed up as thoughts were whirring in her head. Then she loosened up and kissed him back. They finally pulled away to breathe. "The reason is that I was worried about what would happen to us if we break up, wondering if we would remain friends or not. But then I realized that what happens now is what matters the most. And now," he pulled her closer, letting their foreheads touch. "I love you Anna. Would you like to be my girlfriend?" He gave her a warm smile.

"I'd be happy to," she smiled back at him. They locked hands together and went back to the picnic as the sun began to set on a new beginning of a beautiful relationship.

========================================================================

Soooooo.... what do you thiiiiiiiiiink??? :D

I'm thinking about making a sequel, so... can I have some feedback from y'all? ^-^

Silent readers... I know you're out there... why don't you do me a favor and give me feedback as well? And sub to my story Reunions and Relationships? lol

But anyways I hope you all like it!