A letter from Tao to his Jie Jie

The Letter

Dearest Jie Jie,

 

Guess what! I'm debuting soon! How fast time flies. I remember when I was just a little boy about to start with my Wushu lessons, and I could so vividly recall how unexcited I was on my first day, but even more unexcited about the fact that I'd have to take up the martial art for who-knows-how-long. But you convinced me to give it a shot. I remember those kind words pouring out of your heart when you said that it wouldn't hurt to give Wushu a try. I will never regret having listened to your advice on that fine afternoon. I'm really grateful... I continue to be grateful that I followed your advice because now, I LOVE WUSHU!!! I love it so much, it has become an undetachable part of me. To be honest, not even the pleads coming from Mom and Dad did any help in getting me to appreciate Wushu. It was all your doing and I remain grateful for that! 

Anyway, enough about Wushu. I am writing this letter for a more important reason, and that is to reach out to my dearest Jie Jie. I will be very busy in the following months and the following years to come. I don't know when I'll be able to come home and visit you again, but please know that I'll be thinking of you often. I'll be thinking of you always. I'll be thinking of you all the time, everyday. You are my Jie Jie whom I love so much, and it is you who gives me my motivation. It is you who I draw my strength from. 

It is you who fought the hardest battle and because of that, you are the bravest and strongest person I know. Not even the obstacles I encounter everyday from being bullied by some of the trainees here in Korea can compare to the battle you've fought. But I'm glad you've done your best to overcome this battle, and I'm proud of you because I know you've fought well.

 

To close this letter, I would like to say one more thing. I'm sorry for all those times I've taken you for granted and for all those misunderstandings that caused us our close relationship. I regret saying all those things and please take to heart that I never meant to cause you pain by saying those hurtful words. Now I wish I hadn't said anything at all. What if I chose to keep my mouth shut? Maybe if I had done that, I would've been able to see your face and kiss the last of your tears away, knowing it would've been my last time to do so too.

Jie Jie, I love you more than words can say and I will never forget you. I will never forget all the good times we spent together and all the wonderful memories we've made. I will never forget everything you've taught me, from the important life lessons to the simplest of the simplest tricks such as learning how to flip a coin properly. I know you are watching over me from wherever you are. You are my guardian angel who protects me everyday, and that thought alone gives me comfort and enough strength to get through life.

 

Oh and don't forget! There is no such thing as "goodbye"'s" in our vocabulary. Only "see you later"'s. :)

 

I miss you so much, but I know Heaven is a wonderful place, much more with you there now.

 

I'll do everything to make you proud, Jie!

 

Love always, 

 

Zitao

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Tao burns the neatly folded piece of pink (his Jie Jie's favorite color) paper in his hands, letting the fire consume it until it slowly turns into ashes, after reading it to himself and brushing a few tears escaping from his eyes along the way.

All this before looking up at the sky with a calm smile on his face.

His Jie Jie is home. 

 

 

 

This idea popped into my mind just a few minutes ago and somehow, Tao was the only guy who I thought fit this oneshot perfectly. :) I sincerely hope he hasn't lost anyone dear to him recently and will not lose any of his loved ones anytime soon.

This was inspired by a heart to heart talk with one of my closest friends. :)

 

comments are appreciated!