Unexpected Things

Forever

 

I stare outside the window’s view from my bed.  As I look upon the calmness of the blue sky,  I think of you.  The memories I have under the sun with you are the ones I wanna keep forever.  I forced myself to stand up and get the photograph.. the only photograph I have with you.  I scanned it and smiled as I saw you smiling on it.  You were holding my hand as I lay my head on your shoulder.  That sweet scenario brought back the feelings I once had for you.

 

“Dara?  Wake up now.  You’ll be late for school if you don’t fix yourself earlier.  Go downstairs now honey! The breakfast is ready!”

 

I got up from bed and kept the picture in my drawer again.  I hurriedly fix myself and headed myself downstair. 

 

“Ohayo Okaa-san!” I greeted her in Japanese language.  I know some of the Japanese words since I was studying it before. 

 

“Good morning my princess.  I can see some improvements in your oral Japanese language sweetie.  Sit down now and eat.  I cooked your favorite.”  She said as she poured some milk on my glass.  I smiled at her.  I’m thankful that she’s now recovering after my dad’s death.  He was on his way that time to pick me up from school when his car’s break crashed that caused him accident upon hitting a bus.  That accident had taken him out of mine and my mother’s lives.

 

“Omma, come and join me!  I want to eat with you now… please?” I asked her as I hugged her from behind.

 

“Do I have a choice?  I can’t say no to my pretty princess.” She said and kissed my cheek.  “It seems that you are not maturing.  You still are the cute daughter who bugs me all the time.”

 

“Omma.. I just act like this because I love you.” I said and put some bacon on her plate.  “Today is your freedom day.  I’ll let you eat this just for now.  We’re in your hypertension’s concern, right omma?” I asked her and giggled.

 

*****

 

“Hey there y lady!” A guy in pink hair greeted as he passed by me while riding on his skateboard.  This guy is Kwon Jiyong also known as GD.  He was always this bossy.  Maybe because girls are dying just to catch his attention.  This was the reason why I gained haters.  Because this bastard kept on greeting me even if I acted like I didn’t notice him.

 

Maybe other people are right, I must be lucky that this famous guy can notice me… that this guy always greets me with a smile… but I never see myself lucky that way.  I hate it actually.  I hate it how people hate me by just ignoring this guy.

 

“Let’s leave her alone dude.. it seems that she doesn’t want to talk to you.” It was his best friend, Choi Seunghyun.  He got a brushed up hairstyle all the time.  He put weird hair color on it just like GD but unlike him, he never is that bossy.  The eyes and the eyebrows are the first things you will notice upon seeing him.  He also got the smile that could melt me.  Yes, me. 

 

If there’s something I like about GD who annoyed me all the time, it was TOP.  This was the reason why I was not that pissed when he annoyed me.  TOP was there to break the bad atmosphere GD caused for me.  This has been the reason why I like this Choi Seunghyun. 

 

“Psssssh.  Go ahead dude.  Leave me here if you don’t wanna witness this snob girl anymore… but me? I’ll stay.  I still want to see her pouting.” GD said that surprised me.  I can’t believe he didn’t follow TOP.  “Can’t you notice her cuteness when she acts like this huh?” He added.

 

“Naaaa.  I’ll leave you here then.  I can’t stand your sweetness dude.  You’re weird.” TOP replied and tapped his shoulder.  “I’ll go ahead, see you at the school canteen later.”

 

GD nodded as he raised his hand.  This was his sign of approval.  I watched TOP walking away.  How I wish I can follow him to escape this jerk in front of me.  How I wish he’ll look back and ask me to go with him instead but he didn’t. 

 

“So what now y?  Will you go out with me now?  Can I have your yes now?” GD interrupted.  It made me pissed more than the usual.  I looked at him directly but upon seeing his eyes that close to mine for the first time made my heart beats faster than the normal.  The words of anger disappeared.  It seemed that his eyes possess a poison that poisoned me.  It might be a love poison?

 

“It can’t be.” I uttered that made him more confident.  It was my first time to say something in front of him that way… not on my pissed manner.

 

“There! At last you’ve said a word.” He shouted with surprise.  “I can smell yes now.” He added.

 

I took my books and left him.  I walked as fast as I can just to escape him.  I just wanted to escape him and the feeling I felt after the eye contact.  I looked back to check if he followed me.  He didn’t.  Upon knowing he left me alone with my business made me walk slower.. Slower that let me realize the stupid thing I just did.

 

“Hey!  What did GD has done to you?  You look so pale.  Did he harass you or something?” A voice in front of me said.  I looked and found out that it was Seunghyun.  He looked so serious.  I can see the concern on his eyes.  This made me wonder.  This confused me more.

 

“N… N—No.  It’s not that.  He didn’t do anything.” I said.  When I looked at him and saw his face, he wasn’t that convinced.

 

“Tell me what happened.” He said trying to look me in the eyes.  I don’t know what he has that I told him everything.  I’ve told him what exactly GD has told me.  Upon hearing what I said, he just left me with wonders.  He walked away without even saying anything.  I just looked at him until he I can’t see him already.

 

 

*****

 

Just like what happens every day,  GD appeared in my sight again.  He still was the guy who’s winding around but remembering what happened to us the other day, it caused him more confidence. 

 

“y goddess, chocolates you want?” He offered me chocolates.  I didn’t know why he knows my weakness but I acted that I didn’t notice him.  But I can’t deny that the feeling for him has changed a bit.  He was no longer that much bastard to me.

 

“I never forget that you’ve talked to me.  This is nothing.  I just wanna thank you for noticing me that day, at last.” He said and put the sweets in my table.  “I will leave alone now.  I know you want some “privacy”.” He added as he hand quoted and emphasized the word privacy.  I didn’t say anything buy I nodded.

 

I noticed something in his aura today.  He didn’t boast around.  He didn’t shout while talking to me.  And of all the things, he stayed just for a short time.  In other words, he didn’t annoy me that much.  This put me with wonders when I suddenly remembered Seunghyun. 

 

“Why he’s not with GD today?  He always is with him wherever GD goes.” I uttered to myself.  My mind is full of questions that time.  I am in deep confusion. 

 

“Hello Dara.” said the voice from behind.  I noticed he’s Seunghyun’s.  Hearing his voice saying my name turned my world into lively one. 

 

“Annyeong Seunghyun!!” I said as I turned my head to look at him.  He was smiling to me.  This made him to look more handsome than his handsomeness with his serious aura.  Seeing him made the room’s atmosphere just like of the drama’s I watch.

 

“Btw, why you’re not with GD today?  Did you two fight?”I said then laughed.  “I’m not used to it.  I am not that good seeing you and him in that situation.” I added.

 

“Why you suddenly asked me about that?  Are you afraid GD might harm you?” He teased me and sat down beside me. 

 

*****

 

“Dara, come and go with me biking near the river.  I want us to watch the calmness of the sky together.” This blue haired boy invited me.  He pulled me as he ran outside to get his bike.  He’s so cheerful and alive. He always made me happy and helped me forget about my father’s death. 

 

“Slow down Seunghyun, I have to ask my Omma’s permission first.  Wait me here.” I said and let go of his hand.  I ran fast inside the house and looked for my mom.  But when I found her, I saw his hand bleeding.  She cut herself.  The cheerful face of Seunghyun disappeared in my memory.  The blood bleeding put me in pain too.

 

“Seunghyun!!! Seunghyun!! Help me! Help my mother!” I shouted as I cried.  I cleaned up the blood stain on my mother’s hand with my own skirt.  I didn’t know what to do.  I was panicked. 

 

“What happened to her Dara?  Stay here.  I’ll call my mom, let’s ask help from her. “ Seunghyun said and ran to the table where the telephone was located.  He hurriedly dialled her mother’s number and asked help.

 

“Mother!! Mo-ther, Dara’s mom is in need.  We have to bring her to the hospital as soon as possible.”He said.  Upon hearing his mother’s yes, he ran back to us and helped me in wiping the blood. 

 

“Stop crying now Dara, my mother’s on her way here.  Your mother will be fine.. Please stop crying.” He said and wiped my tears away.  “Just keep your faith and pray Dara and believe she’ll live.  I know she will never leave you.” He added and hugged me tight. 

 

We were on the hospital when I noticed the blood stain on his shirt.  The shirt he’s wearing wa his favorite one.  I watched him cleaning it up. He was determined in removing the blood on his print’s shirt.

 

“Come on, disappear! Disappear now.” He uttered as he kept on rubbing it.  “Dara gave it to me, I just can’t let this thing dirty.” He whispered. He was busy that he didn’t notice my presence at all.

 

“Se—Seunghyun… I’m sorry for what happened to your shirt.” I told him as I bowed my head.  Tears fell down my eyes again. I walked near him and helped him cleaning his shirt and I kept on apologizing.

 

“Stop it Dara.  It was an accident.  We’ll remove this I know so stop crying now.  Remember that you have to be strong for your mother.  How is she now by the way?” He said and held my chin for me to look at him.  He got a bittersweet smile that time.

 

“She—She’s o- o- okay now.  The doctor said she’ll be fine.  She just injured his arm a little.  The wound will heal soon.” I said, trying to contol myself from sobbing. 

 

“I told you she’ll be fine so smile now Dara.  See this shirt you gave me? Remember this? Remember this artistic design you’ve made?” He pointed out the word SMILE printed out on his shirt.  I made it myself as a birthday gift to him. “Smile Dara.” He added and hugged me.

 

I gave him a bittersweet smile.  Having his arms around me made me feel so comfortable and safe.  With him, I feel that I am strong enough to face the problems me and my mother have now.  I am always thankful that he’s with me…that he helps me to stay strong. That he never get tired of cheering me up.

 

“Thank you very much Seunghyun. “I whispered and tighten up his hug.

 

 

*****

 

“I just know… I miss you Dara.” He said and held my hand.  “The moment you and your mother went abroad,  I never had the chance to talk to you.” He added.  I looked at him and thought of the memories we had back then.

 

“You missed me? naaaaa, I didn’t see anything for you not to be happy.  It seemed that you never missed me.” I said.

 

“How do you say so?  You don’t believe me now?” He asked with confusion.  “Do you think it never been that hard for me?” He added.

 

“Look Seunghyun, when I was not around, you learned to meet new friends.  You even have met GD, your best friend.  You have changed into a better guy.  You are now the TOP of the class. See?  There are lots of improvements.” I said and tapped his shoulder.  “And you even have Bom now.  I’m happy for you.” I added and the bell rang.

 

“I have to go now.  I still got classes, see you around Seunghyun! Bye!” I said and hurried myself.  As I ran down the stairs, I isn’t notice he followed me.

 

“Dara!! Dara wait! Let me ask for some 5 minutes.  Let’s talk.” He shouted and grabbed my hand to stop me.  He was powerful that I didn’t have the chance to let go.

 

“Okay.  What do you want us to talk about Seunghyun?  What is the matter with you?” I asked.  I frowned for I can’t understand him.

 

“Dara, are you going out with Jiyong?” He asked me not trying to slow down but a straightforward one already. 

 

“What the hell Seunghyun? Why you’re asking me that question? Are you out of your mind now?” I shouted.  I can’t believe he’s thinking that way.  How could the man she trusts think she’s that cheap.

 

“Yes.  She’s going out with me.  Do you have problem with that dude?” I looked around to know who was he and to my surprise, it was GD. 

 

“Dara is going out with and I can sense, she’ll soon be my girl.” He added.  I looked at Seunghyun when I felt he losen up his hand holding my arm.  He looked at GD with a tiger look.  He didn’t say anything as he punched GD’s face. 

 

“Seunghyun! Stop it! Stop it!” I shouted as I pulled him away from Jiyong.  “Are you out of your mind?  You’re so childish!” I shouted that made him to calm his self-down.  He looked at me.   Can see the questions in his eyes but I was too mean to ignore them.  I walked out and escaped the both of them.  I can’t believe they’ll kill each other just because of a nonsense matter. 

 

After that incident, I’ve never seen GD and TOP around.  I didn’t know what exactly had happened to them-- questions remained unanswered.

 

*****

“I haven’t talked to you for so long.” said the guy who interrupts me from reading.  I was on the park alone trying to chill myself after work.  I looked up to know who the owner of the strange voice was.  He looked familiar.  He got a pink dyed messy hair.  He was in shades the reason why I can’t exactly remember his face until he removed it and smirked.

 

“KWON JIYONG?!!”I shouted with surprise.  He has changed a lot now.  The bad boy aura he used to have back to our college days was gone.  But the pink hair never changed but it suits him this time. 

 

“Yes.  I’m glad you still can remember me, y lady!” he said and laughed.

 

“I thought you’ve changed already but I was wrong.  You still do that Psy oppa’s style.” I said and laughed.  I can’t believe I laughed in front of him right now.  I can’t believe the feeling was light.  It seemed that we’ve been good back to the old times.

 

“So how are you?  Where’s TOP?” He suddenly asked me.  Upon hearing Seunghyun’s name changed my mood.  “Don’t tell me you two haven’t met yet?  I heard he’s here.” He added.

 

I nodded.  I looked at him and cast a bittersweet smile.  “I haven’t seen him yet after the incident.  After he punched you without any reason, he never showed his face to me again.” I confessed. 

 

“I’m sorry to hear that.  I thought you two are together now.” He said.  It surprised me that he was thinking that way. 

 

“What?  Don’t you hear the news yet?  He and Bom are married now.” I said.  “I saw it on the news last month.  It surprised me though.” I added.

 

“Really?  So he kept his words of taking good care of Bom.  I can’t believe he still keeps his words.” Jiyong said and shook his head. 

 

“Why it seems that you’re not convinced that TOP just married Bom?”I asked.  He just looked at me and looked away.

 

“Do you know why he punched me when I lied at telling him you’re going out with me?  it was because he’s really mad at me.  He didn’t believe when I told him I like you.  He thought I was just playing around again.  even if he’s my best friend, he never believed that I can be serious while courting a girl I like.” He confessed.  I can see the sincerity in his eyes.  I can’t believe he’s this mushy.

 

“I used to like Bom before.  She became my girl but when I heard you’re going back form the Philippines with your mom, I decided to break it up with her.  Bom was so down that time that she asked TOP to comfort her.  She told everything to him even the reason why I broke it up with her.  TOP liked you before the reason why he got mad at me.  The moment I told him I wanna court you, he didn’t agree about it but he didn’t stop me.  Before you went back, he already had falling for Bom.  He can’t leave her for the same reason as mine.  So when I told him that you’re going out with me, he punched me.  He thought that I’ll just hurt you the way I did to Bom.” He added. 

 

“The questions I kept for so long were now being answered.  But not the way I want it to be.  Why it has to be this sad and painful? Why it has to be this way.”I told him with a down voice.  “I never expect things to be this way.”

 

“But they’re part of the past now Dara.  Let’s forget it and move on.  Let’s be happy that TOP now is happy with Bom. “He said.  I smiled and nodded. 

 

This helped me prove that not everything will end up the way you think of it.  This helps me realize that life is full of changes.  Who would believe that Seunghyun, who used to be the man of my dremas will end up marrying other girl?  Who would think that the man I used to hate will soon be my groom? And who would that after so many years; it was destined for us to meet again.

 

“Dee, stop reminiscing memories.  They will never fade.  Tomorrow, when the sun sets.. I’ll no longer your fiancé but your husband.  Dee, I love you always and when I say always, I mean forever.”- Kwon Jiyong.

 

I smiled and folded the letter properly again.

 

“Forever.”

 

 

 

-The End-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There. It's still unedited. ^^

I dedicated this  to the persons who let me realized that

I shouldn't trust a person easily. Hengsho to you~

I just wanna thank those people who stay with me.

The ones who never judge me but take me as I am.

I love yah guys.. ^^

 

dizzyventura, update author-nim :3

 

PS. Can someone make a banner for this for me? please? ^^

 

 

giantdork