Venus' Leader and The Lightning God

In Love With A Painting

In year 2050, Painting becomes famous all over Seoul, South Korea.

 

One day, Jongdae decided to go to an ancient painting exhibition. He is a fan of painting. He ever went to almost all painting exhibition all over the world, but he has never visited this one.

 

He went there with his best friends. Chanyeol, a paint collector, and Baekhyun a Paint criticus. Well, he always goes to every paint exhibition with them.

 

At the entrance, the guide gave them the map of the paint exhibition. The building has 6 floors. And Chanyeol was begging to Jongdae and Baekhyun to go to the 6th floor, where the entire paint themes are about the myth god and goddesses. At first, Baekhyun refuse, but then Jongdae agreed and they go to the 6th floor.

 

Chanyeol sure had re-searched about this exhibition. He smile widely when they reach the 6th floor and began to search for the painting he wanted. But then, he stopped when he saw six paintings in the theme "Venus Goddess"

 

"Why you stopped?” Baekhyun asked but he receives no answer. Instead, his vision began to see one of the Venus Goddess.

 

"Beautiful", Jongdae said as he reached the painting and focus on one painting on the wall.

 

"Indeed", Chanyeol nodded. Baekhyun was the first one who gained his soul, he shook his head and he pulled Chanyeol to another side of the 6th floor. He didn't forget to notify Jongdae.

 

"We will search for another painting. Text one of us if you have finished", Baekhyun reminded but Jongdae only nods.

 

"Those painting sure are really beautiful. And I thought, Jongdae is hypnotized by one of them", Chanyeol started.

 

"I hope not", the shorter one mumbled.

 

~~~

 

"They are beautiful. Aren't they?" a man came as he watched those painting.

 

"Yes, they are, but that one is the prettiest", Jongdae said while he pointed to one of the painting in the center.

 

The man chuckled, "Of course. She is the Leader of the Goddesses who resembles 'beauty' they called as Venus. And her name is Ara, Yoo Ara"

 

"You know more than me then", Jongdae chuckled.

 

The man smiled and he take a short glance at Jongdae, his eyes widened and he continued, "But, her love story isn't as beauty as her. She was falling in love with a Lightning God. And unfortunately, she already owned by one of the Knowledge Gods, his name is Daehyun. And the Lightning God was dying either", he sighed.

 

Jongdae shifted his eyes to another painting. The model was still the Venus, with different angle.

 

”How’s the end of her love story?” Jongdae asked as his hand tracing the painting of the Venus.

 

The man smirked , “You seem eager to find out, huh? By any chance, do you know why the Lightning God is dying? It’s because he fell in love with a human. And it’s prohibited for the Gods to fall in love with a human. So, as the punishment, he shall changes into a human. But, the process was long and painful. It’s either he die or succeeds”, he shrugged

 

“I ask about the Venus, not the Lighting God, sir”, Jongdae cut.

 

“Well.. That was the important part. Because, as we knew. Ara didn’t love Daehyun. And when Ara knew that The Lightning God was dying, she came to the place where everything could be true. And she wished she could give her life to the Lighting God. As far as I know, everyone who came to that place shall give their soul. So, Ara gives her soul to The Lightning God”, the man explained.

 

“I hope that they will meet in their next life”, Jongdae commented.

 

“They won’t”, the man said with a serious face.

 

“Why not? Everyone has a chance to reincarnate, right?” Jongdae asked.

 

“The Lightning God shall reincarnate, but The Venus won’t because she donate her life to the Lighting God”, the man added.

 

“Pity her. And the Lightning God must be really grateful to be loved by someone as pretty and kind as her. It’s better if Ara fell in love with me then, I will love her back”, Jongdae grinned.

 

“By the way, you have mentioned the name of the Venus and The Knowledge God. Do you know the Lightning God’s name?”, Jongdae continued.

 

“It’s Chen. And what is your name?”, the man answered.

 

“My name is Jongdae, Kim Jongdae. And you Mr?”

 

Yoo Seungho”

 

“Nice to meet you, sir. Thank you for telling me the history of these painting. Bye”, Jongdae bid him a good bye. Seungho waved back and saw Jongdae running to his friends.

 

After Jongdae left, Seungho faced the painting again.

 

“I miss you, Sister”, Seungho said while he wiped his tears.

“He looks like Chen, doesn’t he? And hell, he loves you back in his twelfth reincarnation”, he smiled hurtfully.

“Good bye, Sister”, Seungho said as he traced Ara’s painting for the last time, “See you, in another life”

 

~~~

 

Heaven, Years ago.

 

“Ara unnie, I heard that we will marry the knowledge Gods”, Yoonjo started.

 

“I don’t mind. Besides they’re handsome too”, Lime added.

 

“I… It’s our life, isn’t it?” the girl named Ara answered with a smile as she walked away.

 

“I hope unnie is fine”, Yooyoung said as she watched Ara.

 

“She isn’t fine”, Alice mumbled as she shook her head.

 

~~~

 

“Seungho oppa! I can help him right? There must be a way to help him!”

 

“Yoo Ara! Listen to me. You’re in’ married to one of the Jungs! And he is one of the Knowledge Gods! This means he has a higher position than us! You couldn’t do that Ara! He could do something to other Yoo!” Seungho raised his voice.

 

“Please oppa...” Ara begged as she burst in tears.

 

Seungho sighed and he pulled Ara into a hug, “This is your choice, okay? If you’re ready, tell me. I’ll bring you to the place”

 

~~~

 

“Oppa, before I do this, may I request something?” She said and stopped walking.

 

“What is it?” Seungho asked.

 

“I wanna know if this is worth it or not.. So.. I want him to always remember me”, Ara bit her down lip.

 

“I’ll make sure, he remembers you in every life he is”

 

“Thank you, Oppa”

 

“Anything for my Sister”

 

~~~

 

Seoul, 3012

 

“Congratulations, chinguyaaa~~”, A woman with a baby on her hands cheered.

 

“Gomawoyo~ Thank you for your support”, the woman on the bed replied.

 

“So, who is her name?”

 

“Ara, Yoo Ara. See? She likes it”, She exclaimed.

“She’s beautiful, just like you, I’m envy you know?”

 

She is Kim Ahjumma

 

“Of course she will. Maybe your son and my daughter could be friends just like us!”

 

I think they will be more than just friend, Mom

 

“Well, he will, his nature as a boy will guide him to protect her as well”

 

“Hey! Your son has two names right?”

 

“Well, it’s just a nickname from his father”

 

“What is it?”
 

“A little bit weird, it’s Chen while his full name is Kim Jong Dae, weird right?”

 

“It isn’t!”

 

Well, it has arranged

 

“Ara-ya~ Don’t you want to meet him? He is handsome you know”, the mother of the girl hugs her and hold her so she can face the baby boy.

 

“Hello~ my name is Jongdae~”, the mother boy mimicked her son’s voice.

 

“My Daughter is smiling! Oh my~”

 

Well, my time has come, be happy Ara

Good bye, my Sister