The First Taste

Dying Dreamer

[Kiseop's POV]

Somewhere nearby me, something moved.

My senses sharpened and I pinpointed my focus on the tiny animal which had moved in the bush.

It was a mouse.

It was small, it could quench my thirst for another day or two, but soon the thirst would drive me to take a human life and drink it's life essence, it's blood.

I sneaked towards the bush, trying not to scare the animal.

I needed to catch this to keep me sane. The thirst drives me crazy. The other members of my band didn't know what I was, and I was so happy that they didn't.

If they did they would make me live on the streets or even exile me from the city. If they did this I would never taste a drop of human blood again, and I would become an anomoly.

My prey didn't move as I approached it so I decided to start running.

My extra fast reflexes responded and scooped up the animal as I ran towards it.

I sat down on the ground and peeped through the gap in my fingers at the mouse.

If I wasn't a vampire I would let it go, but my life, and the lives of people around me, would be affected if I did.

before I had.... transformed. I would never have hurt a poor, defenseless creature. But now, I had to.

I sat there for a while contemplating the most humane which is quite ironic, considering the fact that I am not human, way to kill it.

I could have drowned it. I could have kept it in a box with no food and no water, but that makes the thirst become more powerful. I had to do it in the same way that I had to do it to humans.

I held the mouse in my hand and lifted my arm up.

I leaned towards the mouse and let my fangs fall from my gums, I closed my eyes... and bit.

Immediately I could feel the power of the thirst becoming weaker as the warmth of the creature's blood entered my system.

I felt relieved. I would go without killing one of my friends for another day.

[Soohyun's POV]

Someone was moving outside.

It was probably Kiseop, he had been going outside quite often recently.

I had to say that I really didn't know why, maybe he was out visiting a girl?

If so, I would have to disappoint Kevin.

The good thing about being leader was that the other's confided in me. I got to know every last bit of gossip.

Especially about their personal relationships, but sometimes I just didn't want to know...

But right now I had other things on my mind,

Namely, food.

I hadn't eaten for so long, my stomach was growling like an angry dog, waiting for the right moment to pounce upon it's prey and devour it whole, but right now, there was no food anywhere. I checked the fridge, all of the cupboards, the freezer and even in all of the other member's rooms, under their beds, in their wardrobes, but no, I couldn't find any food what so ever.

I decided to eat out, for a change,

I put my coat on and told the rest of my band mates that I was going out to eat, they didn't really care though as they were all absent-mindendly playing video games, on twitter tweeting random selcas or watching TV. Eventually, I opened the front door, stepped out of the house, took a deep breath of the cool night air, shut the door behind me and started walking.

I saw a deceased mouse on the ground in a pool of it's own crimson blood, with what looked like two fang marks engraved in it's neck, I felt a moment of sorrow for the poor tiny creature,

Maybe next door's cat had eaten it, but I didn't think for a second that something even more dangerous than that evil moggy had done this to the mouse.

I walked down a few streets, and eventually I came across a nice little cafe on a street corner with a neon "open" sign in the window.

I walked into the cafe.

As soon as I walked inside I could smell the strong aroma of the coffee beans, and the sweet smell of biscuits and cakes.

I ordered myself a latte and a slice of chocolate cake with a thick layer of cream in the middle.

I waited for my order to come and when I recieved it, I sat down on a table near a window.

I looked out upon the night city scape of our city and I wished that, for once, we could have the opportunity to live somewhere quieter, with less noise and traffic.

I sipped my coffee, and ate my cake,

The growling in my stomach gradually stopped and I felt warmer on the inside, I really needed that food.

 

 

...

Okay that is the end of chapter one- the first taste...

the soohyun bit was a bit random, but really, all of the U-KISS members need to eat more right?

anyway, I will update with chapter 2 as soon as possible, but until then, enjoy what you already have ^^