Mistakes in Life

[PG13 Banghim] Mistakes in Life

"Hey, ~"

Hyosung walked over and slapped Himchan on his shoulder before joining him on the bench. She passed her best friend a packet of papaya and poked a straw through hers.

"Ouch! That hurts, . No wonder no guys like you."

Himchan rubbed his shoulder while taking the packet of milk from the girl.

"That's because all the guys are too much of a weakling and no one caught my heart yet."

Hyosung smiled and sipped on her milk. Himchan placed his milk down and put his hand on her shoulder. He pressed it in a comforting tempo while staring at her side face.

"I'm sorry.. I was just kidding..."

Hyosung placed her milk on her lap and shook her head.

"I don't want to change myself for someone who doesn't accept me as who I am.  I should just give up on love."

"You just haven't fount the right one yet."

Hyosung looked up to Himchan with a bitter smile.

"Yeah right, just when I thought I found a good one but he ends up to be gay."

Hyosung brush her thumb softly across Himchan's cheek. The male frowned and guilt was clearly displayed on his face.

"Hy-"

"No, nope. Don't say a word. I was only joking, I'm not trying to make you feel bad. Just like I always say, you are who you are. And that's the reason why I fell for you. Oh wait, I liked a gay. So that makes me half straight, right?"

"Stop it!"

Himchan pulled her hand away from his cheek and poked the sides of her waist. The girl yelped and chuckled.

"Don't worry, I only love you as a dear friend of mine now."

"I know, thank you Hyosung."

"Action speaks louder than words. How about a Chanel bag?"

"Dream on, ."

", you owe me that much! Oh yeah, talking about friends... How's your best guy friend?"

Hyosung winked and smiled with her gums. She squished Himchan's arm between her arms and demanded an answer with her eyes.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

The two friends giggled and played around in the middle of the noisy canteen. A guy, that was sitting a few tables away from them, stared at the two friends from afar.

"Bang ing Yongguk! Did you heard a word I said?!"

Yongguk turned to glare at the person who distracted him. Jung Hana had her arms folded in front of her chest and glowered back at her boyfriend's twin. She was the one and only person who dared to glare back at Yongguk, the bad tempered ace of Basketball Team, and make him unable to talk back to her. She was like a half sister to him and he respects her in every aspects.

"I swear, continue to glare at me like that, I will make sure you regret for your lifetime."

Yongguk took a deep breath and exhaled out. He tired to plaster on a poker face without scowling.

"What?"

Hana used her head to gesture towards Himchan and Hyosung.

"I know you are in no way staring at my vice-president, since I know about your ual preference. So I guess it is the prince of the school you are staring at. When are you ever going to confess?"

Yongguk sniffled and played with the cup of coffee in his hands. He looked everywhere but his friend. Hana arched her brows up in amusement.

"Whoa... The power of the prince. He made the ice demon's heart start pounding for him. Does he even have an idea of your feelings?"

"I guess not..."

"Oh my heavens, the proud and confident ace of Basketball Team is being unsure? What did you do to Bang Yongguk, dear prince?"

Yongguk scowled and was prepared to stand up when he felt a pair of strong arms hold him down. Hana smiled oh-so-sweetly.

"I'm not done speaking, so you either place your sorry back on the seat or you would prefer to get a kick on your ?"

Yongguk huffed and sat back down on his chair.

"Can you drop your sarcasm? Don't you see him being all happy and loving with Hyosung there? What's more for you to ask?"

Hana chuckled, "Don't give up so easily, Bang Yongguk. This is so not like you, man."

The female patted him on the back and pulled him up from his seat.

"Let's go for a match in the court before lunch break ends."

While Yongguk was being dragged along by Hana, a member of the Judo club came over to speak to her.

"I will be right back. Don't try running away."

Hana went to the side while Yongguk stood there looking towards Himchan. He was just within hearing distance. He turned and hid behind a wall trying to eavesdrop on the two students' conversation.

"Himchan, I know how much you have done for this best friend of yours. You are a total sports idiot, but you started learning how to play basketball? You used to only listen to classic music, but now you are listening to hip hop and even made me go for underground music concerts with you. He is blind to not see how much you have changed for him."

"I just wanted to have something in common to talk about. Besides, that's the only way I can get to interact with him. You can't expect me to go to him and tell him, 'Hi, I'm gay and I like you. Can you be my boyfriend?', right?"

Himchan sighed and squished his now empty carton which supposedly contains his papaya milk. Hyosung ruffled his hair and pulled him close to hug him. Yongguk, who was listening to their conversation all along, stood there stunned. Hana came back and tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, are you all right? You look so shocked."

When Yongguk didn't reply, Hana flicked his forehead.

"Yah! I'm talking to you, !"

Yongguk quickly covered and dragged her away. Hana thrashed around and bit on Yongguk's hand to finally be released from his arms. Hana gave him a uppercut and that caused Yongguk to fall on his back.

"You wanna die?"

Hana glared at the male lying on the ground outside the canteen, trying shake off the dizziness from the hard punch that caused him to fall flat on his back. 

"I... heard him talking..."

Hana formed in confusion. Yongguk sat up on his and leaned against the wall. Hana joined him on the ground and stared at him.

"He told Hyosung that he was gay."

"Isn't that great?! That means he is not with Hyosung and will never be with her and it also meant that you have a chance!"

"But there is someone he likes."

"So? There is no rule saying that you cannot confess even if the person is attached. Yongguk-ah, no one play by the rules when it comes to love. I'm not asking you to break him up with his boyfriend. I'm just telling you to confess to him. Be a man, stop hiding behind a wall."

Yongguk buried his face in his palms and sighed.

"I turned into a coward because of you, Kim Himchan."

The bell rang and students start moving back to their respective classes. Himchan and Hyosung walked past the two classmate sitting on the floor.

"Not going back to class yet, Yongguk?"

"Yeah... Going back now."

"See you in class then."

Himchan smiled at the ace player and nodded his head as a form of greeting to Hana. Hyosung nodded her head to Hyosung and Yongguk before linking her arms with Himchan's.

"So you are going to buy me that Chanel bag later on, right?"

"Dream on, Baby girl."

"Ewwww... Who's your baby girl..."

Hyosung threw Himchan a digusting look. Himchan laughed and pinched her cheek.

"You are my baby girl."

Hana and Yongguk, who were walking behind them, heard every single word of their conversation. Hana pulled Yongguk so that they could distance themselves a little.

"Are you sure he is gay... He sure doesn't seem like one to me."

Hana whispered to Yongguk before continuing to make her way back to class.

---

Yongguk sat down on his seat that happens to be behind of the rumored couple. His eyes were glued to them but he could hear a few female classmates complaining.

"Why is she always with Himchan? Are they dating?"

"No way! She is not worthy of him."

Himchan ran his fingers into Hyosung's fringe to straighten her messy bangs. Hyosung was laughing over something Himchan showed her in his phone.

"Ugh...! She gets on my nerves, she ain't even that pretty!"

"Tell me about that! Look at her gums, such a turn-off!"

"But she has nice s though..."

"Whose side are you on?!"

Yongguk slammed his palms on his table and kicked his chair back while he stood up. The whole class went dead quiet. Yongguk walked to the front of Himchan's table and glared down at him.

"Are you dating her?"

"Is that any of your business?"

Hyosung scowled and folded her arms over her chest. She was irritated by Yongguk's attitude. Himchan held onto her arm and shook his head at her. The irritated female kept quiet and looked back at Himchan. Yongguk saw the contact between the both of them and anger rose in him.

", I wasn't talking to you. I'm talking to him."

Yongguk glared down at Hyosung. Being the kind of girl Hyosung was, she stood up in anger.

"You-"

"Please do not speak to her in that manner. Apologise, Yongguk."

Himchan stood up and spoke for his friend. Himchan and Hyosung always called each other , but it was just for fun. He would not allow anyone to call his best friend nasty names. Just then, Hana came hopping into the classroom and without noticing the tense atmosphere.

"History lecture is cancelled because Miss Song is sick!"

After making the annoucement, Hana realised that everyone's attention was on the three students in the center of the classroom.

"I'm asking you to please apologise to Hyosung, Yongguk."

"Are you dating her?"

"You this little-!"

Hyosung charged forward but was stopped by Himchan.

"Are you dating her, Kim Himchan?!"

"Why does it matter to you, if we are dating or not?!"

"You said you were gay, so why are you dating her?!"

The whole class started murmuring and the members of the Reports club took out their phones to tweet into their club's Twitter page. Himchan looked around him in shock and fear. Tears were gathered in his eyes, his whole body was shaking in fear.

"Oh my gosh, our school prince turns out to be a ."

Daehyun, the class' biggest jerk, mocked and laughed out loud.

"Kim-"

"Him-"

Hana sighed at the two stunned and rooted at their position friends. She ran after Himchan herself. Hyosung turned to face Yongguk with pure anger on her face. She gave a tight slap across Yongguk's face.

"Thanks for hurting him even more. Just recently, he had finally came out to his parents and was chased out of his house. But he still came to school with a smile because he thought that he can still be him without others judging him. And now, you, Bang Yongguk, out of everyone, had to hurt him like this. I don't even know why the would he fall in love with someone like you!"

"Ewww, gross. The school prince likes his own friend, I pity you, Yongguk."

"Jung Daehyun, I would advise you to shut the up right now!"

"Why would I? He is so gross, gay boy!"

"Says the one having with Yoo Youngjae, your own ing cousin, in the infirmary in the morning!"

The whole class couldn't contain their astonishment. Daehyun's face turned pale and stared at Youngjae in shock. Sunhwa gave Youngjae a tight slap and ran out of class with the latter chasing after her. Daehyun ran out of the class too. Hyosung glared back at Yongguk, she grabbed his collar and spoke to him in a warning voice.

"Mark my words, Bang Yongguk. I will make your life a living hell if anything is to happen to Himchan."

She let go of him and ran after her best friend.

"!"

Yongguk dropped his lifeless body onto the chair and mumbled incoherent apologies to Himchan that was not there. Hyosung ran around the school aimlessly looking for her best friend.

"Where the hell could he go?!"

Suddenly remembering, Hyosung dashed towards the tree at the school backyard. Himchan had always like to rest under the tree when he felt like the reality was too much for him to bear. He felt safe under the shade of the big tree.

"Himchan!"

Hyosung was beyond relief when she saw a sobbing Himchan with Hana patting his back for comfort. Himchan looked up at a worried Hyosung and sobbed even louder. He hugged Hyosung tightly and buried his face into her neck.

"It's okay, it's all right now..."

Hana stood up, "I cannot deny that Yongguk is wrong for doing that, but please, give him a chance to explain himself. I have notice the chance in Yongguk these few weeks. He used to be such a confident and proud person, but he became so insecure after liking Himchan."

Himchan looked up from Hyosung's shoulder and stared at Hana.

"I know it's not my place to tell you this and I'm not fully sure of the what really happened just now, but Yongguk told him he overheard the both of you talking in the canteen a while ago. He told me that he likes Himchan and I can see it has been quite a while."

"But that doesn't give him the rights to announce Himchan's uality to everyone like that."

Hyosung made Himchan sit down on the bench beside the tree that was purposely made for people to sit under the shade of the natural shelter.

"I... I like Yongguk too..."

Hana laughed and shook her head at Himchan.

"Good lord, the heavens are playing with the both of you."

Himchan wiped off the tears on his cheeks and sniffled his nose.

"What hurts the most is not that Yongguk told the class... It was what Daehyun said..."

"Yeah, he called you a . That , I caught him having with his own cousin in the infirmary in the morning, how dare he talk like he is all straight and loves s. I exposed him just now."

"Oh my goodness, are you serious?"

Hana's face distorted and she burst out laughing.

"In his face! I can imagine how bad he looked! Oh man, I missed such a nice show!"

Himchan chuckled lightly at Hana's happy mood. It was nice hearing her laughter, it makes his heart feel less burdened.

"But oh well, doesn't matter what he calls you. He has a bad mouth, we all know that. He calls you a ? Then I'm a hag. Yongguk's."

Hyosung and Himchan laughed at the thought of Yongguk having a hag. They don't know what's so funny, but they just couldn't resist the laughter rising up.

"I'm Himchan's hag."

Hana and Hyosung hi-five each other and chuckled. Himchan sighed after the laughter stopped.

"Thanks."

"I know you are still feeling very sad, but please, promise me, you will let Yongguk explain himself. I know him too well, he is probably hating himself so much right now he would bang his head on the wall and wish that he could just die."

Hana gestured towards the male standing by the wall a few hundred meters away from them. Yongguk was grinding his head against the wall and knocking his head on the white surface.

"Aish, that babo. Bang Yongguk! If you are to die, die at home! Don't dirty the school compound!"

Yongguk turned and peek at the three of them and continued rolling his head on the wall. Himchan giggled and stood up.

"Yongguk! Come here."

Hyosung stood up and held onto Himchan's hand.

"Why?!"

"Don't worry, Hyo. I know he mean no harm to me."

"Tch."

Hyosung rolled her eyes at the approaching male. She stood in front of Himchan protectively.

"You ing dare hurt him again, I swear I will be punching the lights out of you. Try me if you don't believe me.

Yongguk tightened his jaw and took a deep breath.

"Sorry, Hyosung. I just thought you were his girlfriend..."

Yongguk bit the inner of his cheeks and looked away. Hyosung laughed and stared at him.

"I wish."

Hyosung ruffled Himchan's hair.

"Be happy."

And she walked away with a smile that was bittersweet. Hana too, followed behind Hyosung and walked away from the pair of male. Yongguk awkwardly scratched his head. Himchan sat back down on the bench and told Yongguk to sit beside him.

"I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted."

Himchan smiled sweetly to Yongguk. Yongguk felt his heart pounding in his ears and blush creeps up his cheeks.

"I like you."

Yongguk confessed, he didn't want to hide his feelings anymore. Himchan placed his hand over Yongguk's and pressed his lips to his.

"I like you too."

Himchan's smile was glowing so brightly, Yongguk felt like he would melt. He pressed his palm onto the side of Himchan's face and pressed his lips harder to deepen the kiss. Himchan brushed his thumb over Yongguk's chin and moaned softly into the kiss. Yongguk broke the kiss and pressed his forehead on the other male's.

"You sure don't seem like a sports idiot."

"How much did you overheard..."

Himchan pinched Yongguk's cheek. Yongguk shifted Himchan's hand and kissed it.

"Thank you for doing so much for me."

"It's worth it for you."

Yongguk smiled with his gums and closed the distance between their lips again. Yongguk would never find any sweets sweeter than Himchan's lips.

---

A/N: I have always been someone who hates to include girls in my fics. But this fic inspiration rose after I started watching Days of Our Lives (WilSon couple). First attempt in Banghim fic, will try this couple's as a sequel for this if my plot bunnies cooperates.