First Day Of School

As Thick As Blood

YOUR P.O.V;

How could she do this to me? Mother knows how hard it is for me to control my thirst. How am l supposed to last in a school with 3000 steady pulses teasing me. Drawing me in. My fangs slide down at the thought of a little nibble.

 

"Hey," Tao, my anoyingly overprotective brother called out to me, his eyes still fixed on the road ahead. "You okay there?" he risked a quick glance in my direction.

 

"lt's making me hungry just thinking about all those humans. it's unnerving."

 

"Just try not to think about it, sis." He replied in a cool and relaxed tone. "You'll forget about it soon enough." Neither of us spoke for the remainder of the journey untill we reached the school. l stepped out reluctantly and walked towards the main enterance.

 

"Good luck, little sis!" Tao yelled from the car, causing everyone to stare at me before he pulled away. Before the first bell sounded, l made a mental note to get him back for this.

 

~~~~~

 

l walked into my first class of the day and blushed at the immediate attention. l went to sit in the far corner of the class, hopeing to get away from the unwanted and unnessisarry 

 

Next thing l know, a cute guy was mowing to sit by me.

 

"Hey," he said in a rough voice. "You're the new girl right? l'm Kyungsoo." He held out his hand in silent invitation to shake.

 

"Uhh, yeah. l'm ~~~" l replied.

 

"Nice to meet you, ~~~. This is my buddy, Baekhyun."

 

The boy introduced as Baekhyun gave a grunt, not paying me a second glance.

 

"So, ~~~," Kyungsoo began, ignoring his friend completely. "l'm throwing a party at my cousin's house tonight and it would be totally awesome if you could come."

 

"Sure," l replied with a smile. More time around these devine smelling humans? What was l thinking!?

 

He gave me his cousin's address and faced the front in preparation for the class.

 

~~~~~~

 

"Mama!!" l yelled when l saw her sat on the large blue sofa placed in the center of the living room room. "What're you doing here?"

 

"l came to see you and Tao hunny," She said pulling me into a hug. "Can't a mama visit her babies without being questioned?"

 

She pulled me over to sit with her on the sofa. "How was your first day at school sweetie?"

 

An hour later l was on my way upstairs when l remembered Kyungsoo's party. 

 

"Mama?" 

 

"Yes, baby?"

 

"There's a party tonight and l got invited." l gave her my best puppy-dog face before l continued. "Can l go, pleaseeeeeeeeee?"

 

When she asked where, l gave her the address l had been given. She told me that was the same place my father had died. When l asked her for more information, she just kept saying "Go to the party dear."

 

With that, l left to get ready and didn't turn back.