Chapter 8

Just passion

 

 

In the morning the first thing which for Taemin thought when he opened his eyes was the kiss he shared with Key. That sweet, goosebumps-making kiss.

“Why is my heart still beating like crazy?” – Taemin thought while he was touching his lips.

Taemin went downstairs for breakfast and saw that the only one awake from the others was Key. He felt so nervous; he did know what to do.

“Should I ask him about last night? Does he even remember?” – The younger hesitated and sat down.

“Good morning Minnie … I made some pancakes, do you want some?” – Key asked happily.

“I would love to … Thanks hyung …” – Tae smiled widely with him too. The younger just couldn’t help himself – every time he saw Key happy something in him made him smile too. Key sat dawn next to him and started eating too.

They talked about school and some stupid random stuff.

“Tae I … amm … about last night …”- With those words of Key Taemin stopped eating and lifted his head up so he could see Key’s face.

“I hadn’t done anything stupid, had I? Nothing embarrassing for example that the others can use against me because … You know, they can be so awful sometimes … especially when it comes to making fun of someone …” – Key laughed sarcastically which made Taemin smile.

“No hyung … nothing … Don’t worry.”

Key sighed in relief and smiled as well.

So he doesn’t remember …” – Tae thought and started eating again. But those words kind of made him sad. 

“Good morning …” – Jong greeted and stretched.

“Good mor-“ – The younger boy could replay because Jonghyun locked lips with him, kissing him lovingly.

“Hyung …” – Tae murmured blushing. – “I still can’t get use to this … and in front of Key hyung …”

“I take the opportunity … here are only me, you and Key … and Key already know about us … so there is no problem.” – The last words Jong said quietly, leaning closer to Taemin and Key so only they could hear him.

“But still …” – Tae said in low voice and when he looked at Key he saw that his bright mood from about minute ago was gone, like he was really upset about something. - “He’s really not use to our relationship yet …” – He thought.   

After 5 minutes of silence eating, Onew and Minho came to eat too.

“Good morning everyone …” – Onew said lazily and placed his hand on his forehead. – “ … my head hurts like hell …” – The oldest cursed under his breath.

“Tell me about it …” – Minho whined and placed his head on the table.

“Yah … If you can’t drink proper … why are you drinking at all …” – Key said with devilish smile.

Says the person who doesn’t remember our kiss from last night …” – Taemin though with annoyance and pouted slightly.

 “Maybe you’re right … Just look at Jonghyun … It’s like he hadn’t drink at all …” – Onew said and pointed Jong. He just shrugged his shoulder with innocent smile on his face.

“Don’t play that look on me … It’s not working, I’m not a girl …” – Onew laughed and hit him on the arm gently.

“What … The puppy eyes … Oh yeah … they are killer man … every girl love them.” – Minho said exited with laughter.

“He’s right …” – Key said and pointed Jong. – “Even the girls in my lectures are longing for that look because they … “heard from their friends” …” – Key said placing invisible quotation marks and everyone laughed.

“We have to go now or we are going to be late for lectures.” – Minho announced and stood up. 

“We have to go too. Come on Taemin …” – Jong stood up and went to take his bag.

“Coming …”

“Aren’t you going to be late Key … your first lecture starts in about 10 minutes or so.” – Onew asked concerned.

“The professor is not here so I have my first lecture free.”

“That’s cool … Ok bye then.” - Minho, Onew and Jonghyun waved at him and left.

“Bye hyung …” – Tae said with bright smile and also left.

 “Bye … bye …” – Key sighed and lied down on the couch. – “Why didn’t I tell him about my feelings, that I love him … He probably think that I kissed him because I was drunk … Well If I confessed him then I would probably got the same reaction from him – he’ll blame the alcohol … but al least if he was rejecting me It wasn’t going to be so painful … as If I wasn’t drunk at all …” – Key closed his eyes and sighed. – “Maybe I should apologize … Wait … why should I … I didn’t do anything wrong, it was only a kiss … a kiss …” – Key whispered and touched his lips. – “But it was magical …Argh …” – Key growled. – “Why he is with Jonghyun and not with me is … and I have to watch them every day … …” – He said in a whiny voice and ruffled his hair, after that he crashed his head to the table. – “Ouch" - Key whined and rubbed his forehead.

 

When Key was already in the university he saw Lee Joon and went to greet him.

“Key …” – smiling Joon called him and kissed the diva on the cheek.

“How are you?” – Kibum asked smiling as well.

“Good, when you’re around me …” – seeing his smile, Key even felt little guilty about what he did last night.

“Are we going in?” – He asked trying to avoid those thoughts of his mind.

“Sure.” – Lee Joon answered and took the younger’s hand in his.

 

After the English class Kibum went for a walk. He sat on one bench, enjoying the sun and the peace. But that didn’t last for long. The beautiful silence was interrupted by a huge crowd of girls chasing one boy. When Key stared at the boy better and in shock saw that it was Taemin.

“What the …” – Key murmured when Taemin rushed right in front of him, screaming for help. If he wasn’t in ‘danger’ Key was going to rip his from laughter. – “It seems like Minnie needs help …” – Kibum thought and run to the university. He wanted quickly to cross the all building so he could intercept Taemin and to help him. Thank God Key was very good runner.

 “What am I going to do … If those girls catch me I’m dead man …” – Taemin thought while running. Suddenly he felt someone harshly grab his hand.

“Taemin keep quiet …” – Kibummie put his index finger on the other’s lips. They hide in on of the crevices of the university building. The both could never be more grateful of the building’s structure. Then they heard the girls passing throw them and continuing running. Key and Taemin sighed in relief. – “Taeminnie are you all right?”

“Thank you hyung … I’m fine but I don’t know what those girls will do to me If they catch me …” – Tae said in scared voice.

“What have you done?” – Key asked angry in a diva tone.

“Nothing. He had P.E. and because their coach was sick the only girls’ class was with us. You know that in the university there are two classes – with only boys and girls …While we were playing basketball I got kind of bored and decided to go and dance for a while before the class was over. With the permission of the teacher of course … While I was dancing I saw how all the girls were starting to surrounded me and watching me. When I finished with the dances they came closer and started to ask me many different questions. I tried to walk away but behind me there was a wall … – “hmm … Familiar situation” – Taemin thought and continued with his story. - …I decided to try to escape.

“OMG look those super cool dance moves of that guy …” – I said to them and when they looked away I took that opportunity … but they started to chase me.”

“You had pretty hard day, hm?” – Key laughed.

“It’s not funny hyung …” – Taemin yelled. Just then Key heard the crowd of girls coming closer again and pressed Taemin to the wall so they wouldn’t see them. Their bodies were so close that Taemin could feel Key’s hot breath on his neck. Suddenly Tae felt how his heart started to beat like crazy. Kibum has one of his hands on the back of Taemin’s head and the other on his waist. Taemin was freaking out because he felt the sudden need to kiss the older one. But he knew it was wrong, he was with Jonghyun and Key was with Joon.

But this wasn’t easy for Key too … To be so close to Taemin, especially when he’s half-, to see every curve of his upper body.

I want you Taemin … but you like Jonghyun now and If I do something … you’ll get upset probably …” – Key thought sadly. – “Let’s go …” – He said and stepped away from the younger.

“Ok …” – He nodded and followed Kibum.

“We have to separate here … You have to go to your next lectures … And put on something, you’re still shirtless …” – Key said in a cold tone.

“But … I … don’t have anything to wear … the girls took my shirt when I dropped it, I doubt it that I’ll get it back …” – Taemin said with a pout.

“Here …” – Kibum striped his hoodie and handed it to the other. – “You’ll give it back to me when you go home …” – Key said and quickly entered the university.

 

Taemin went to his next lectures but it was like he wasn’t there at all because his mind was busy with thoughts about Key.

Why? Why did I felt this way when I was so close to him … I have never felt this kind of desire to kiss Jonghyun hyung … And my heart is still beating so fast … And now I’m with his hoodie …” – Taemin took in some of the sweet scent of the older. – “And I can feel his scent. Like he’s hugging me … No, no, no … you shouldn’t think about him like that Taemin … get a hold of yourself … It’s like you’re cheating on Jong … well I don’t think thoughts count but still …” – Tae whined quietly, only for himself to hear and growled.

These kinds of thoughts were running throw his mind and suddenly all parts of the puzzle got together and Tae finally realized it.

Is that mean that I’m in love with Key hyung …” – this thought cut his mind like a knife. He felt confused and sat on the closest bench near him. – “Probably not … After all almost the same thing happened with me and Jong … I just have Déjà vu with the way I fall in love … With Jong in was a rescue and with Key it was a kiss … The closeness, the kiss … yeah, that’s it, just little misunderstanding of my feelings … But the main question is … Why did my heart start to beat so fast when he kissed me that night … and now …” – Taemin was murmuring to himself. After about an hour of thinking he went home.

When he entered the dorm he saw unfamiliar pare of shoes and then heard some laughing from the room near the small corridor. He entered and saw Lee Joon sitting on the couch, arm around Key’s shoulders.

“Oh … Hi Taemin …” – Lee Joon greeted him, stood up and bowed. Taemin didn’t say anything and just bowed as well.

“Did you come because of Key hyung? Are you going out?” – Tae asked with fake smile which thank god no one noticed.

“No he called me. He said that he want me to spent more time with his friends so they can become my friends as well.” – Joon answered calmly.

“So what do you guys want to do?” – Key asked and looked at everyone. “What about a movie. Scary movie …” – Onew suggested.

“No … I’m not in a mood for a scary movie tonight …” – Key said with annoyed voice but the truth was that he knew that when Taemin was watching scary movies, he always had nightmares after that.

“Let’s play girl poker then …” – Jong said with a goofy green on his face. 

“Girl poker …” – Taemin asked wondering, matching the other’s faces.

“Yeah … The one who lose will get dressed like a girl after the game … We’ll do it only once but it’ll be fun …” – He finished and saw Onew, Minho and Joon nodding.

Key didn’t really want to play because he was really bad at this game. But so was Taemin and to see Taemin in a sweet dress and dress up as a girl … that wasn’t something Key wanted to miss.

“I’m in …” – Key said with a smile and they started the game.

 

“Minnie, come on … we want to see you …”Jong called him.

“Yeah … go out already …” – Onew and Minho were whining as well.

“I’m coming … I’m coming …”

But when Taemin went out of the room he was changing in everybody watched him in amazement. They knew that Taemin was looking a lot like a girl but they didn’t expect for him to be that cute. 

“What … Is there something wrong …” – Tae wondered and took a look of himself in the mirror.

“No … just … WOW, I didn’t expect you to be that beautiful as a girl …” – Jong said in awe.

“Seriously … You look like a real girl. Beautiful, tall … it’s almost scary. But you’re really pretty …” – Onew said and made Taemin blush.

Key just stood there, not believing to his eyes how gorgeous Taemin looked.

“What about ‘TWISTER’ game?” – Joon asked

“Sounds like a great idea. Let’s go get it … but It’ll take a while … Out bedroom Is a mess … Minho said.

“I’ll help you …” – Joon said and followed Onew and Minho upstairs. 

“Yah … Jonghyun hyung … you’re phone is ringing from your room …” – Minho yelled at Jonghyun.

“I’m coming …” – Jong yelled back and went upstairs too.

Taemin was just about to go after Minho, Onew and Joon to help them when Key grabbed his hand.

“What’s wrong hyung?” – Taemin asked when he looked at their hands and than back to Key’s face.

Without saying anything Key pulled Taemin out of the dorm, to the front door. Key pushed him against the wall and looked him in the eyes.

“Hyung …” – Tae murmured confused but was cut of by Key’s lips. Tae widened his eyes in shock. Key pulled away for a moment.

“You’re so beautiful.”

After that he kissed the younger again, pressing his body closer to Taemin’s leaving no space between his warm body and the cold wall behind Tae. He put his hands on his waist and hugged him tight. Suddenly Taemin felt how he just let himself into the kiss. When Key deepened it Taemin responded right away. The kiss become more passionate and left Taemin without words. Taemin closed his eyes slowly and wrapped his hands around Key’s neck. This move of Taemin was like waking for Key; he quickly pulled away and entered the dorm.

Taemin fell on the floor because his legs were shaking. The kiss just left him breathless and wordless.

On the other side of the door Key too couldn’t stand proper on his feet. He was sitting on the floor next to the door. But he quickly stood up and walked inside when he heard footsteps approaching him.

“Where is Minnie?” – Jonghyun asked when he looked around and couldn’t see him.

“He said he need some fresh air …” – Key lied.

“I’ll go check out on him …” – Jong smiled and ran to the front door but when he opened it he saw Taemin sitting on the ground.

“Taemin …” – Jong yelled and went to him.

Everybody rushed to them to see what was wrong. They help Taemin go inside and gave him glass of water.

“Tae what happened?” – Jong asked worried.

“Don’t worry hyung I’m fine … It was nothing … I just … felt little sick in the stomach and fell … I’m alright now …” – Taemin smiled and stood up. – “Are we going to play …”

 

They played till midnight, drinking, eating, and having fun. Taemin was having a great time too but in his head was only the memory of the kiss with Key when he was drunk and the one they shared not long ago. He couldn’t stop thinking about that and about the fact that he may actually like Key.

 

“It was really nice being with you guys but I have to go home now …” – Lee Joon said with a sweet pout.

 “That’s a shame …” – Minho said. – “I was so going to beat your at that game …” – he complained after that making everybody laugh.

“Yeah … It is but I have to … And I was going to win …” – Joon winked at Minho and all of them laughed again.

“Are you sure … Don’t you want to stay … as sleeping here …” – Key asked with a shy smile. The others were shocked, watching with their mouths wide open.

“I … Well … Ok, I would love to …” – Joon smiled and Key took his hand in his and leaded him to his room.

What’s happening to me … Why my heart hurt so bad …Why he even kissed me when he’s so happy with Joon …” - Tae asked himself and with sad expression slowly went to his room.   

 

“Taemin-ah are you alright … You were really … Well It was like you were in the room with us but you were gone the all night … You looked so confused and I don’t know … different … Is there something wrong …” – Jong asked him concern when he went back to their shared bedroom.

“What … No, I’m fine … It’s just … I don’t know … just … I don’t feel like myself lately I guess … But I’m sure It’s something temporary don’t worry …” – Tae said with a sweet smile. Jonghyun approached him and kissed him. Taemin was responding to the kiss but he could feel that Jong’s kisses weren’t the same anymore. They didn’t sent small shivers to his spine like before; he just couldn’t feel the sparkle between them anymore. But he wasn’t going to give up that easy because he was sure it was something temporary and It’ll past soon, everything he felt for Key.  

 

“You did it because of him, didn’t you?” – Joon asked suddenly while they with Key were lying on Key’s bed. – “You wanted to make him jealous …”

“N-No … I … I just don’t want you to go home in that hour alone, you’re not even with your car …” – Key said calmly not bothering to look Joon because he was sure that Joon would know that it was a lie. Key was just staring at the ceiling when Joon leaned closer and tried to kiss him but Key turned his head and Joon’s lips landed on his cheek.

“Joon … don’t …” – Key moved aside a little bit.

“Why don’t you let me beside you, why you don’t want me by your side … I don’t want always to stay aside and watch you suffer Key … Key he doesn’t deserve you … I’m better for you … I’ll treat you the right way … All what he’s doing is to ignore you and kiss with his boyfriend in front of you … He has someone special by his side … Don’t you deserve that too … don’t you deserve happiness …” – Lee Joon said quiet but quiet angry voice. He wanted to yell this at his face but he knew that in that way he may wake up the others.

Key stood up, now sitting on the bed, and looked Joon in the eyes.

“I’m so sorry Joon … but no matter how hard I try I can’t forget him, I just can’t. I know that this is stupid of me … hurting myself in that way but … I just can’t be with you knowing that I won’t be able to returned the feeling you have toward me … I love you … but as my best friend … like a person I can trust … But I can’t force myself loving you the same way … I think it would be better to end all of this, before I hurt you more that I do now. You’re one of my best friends, you’re important to me, and I can’t see you hurt ...” – Key said with gentle voice and teary eyes.

“So now …” – Joon started, with teary eyes as well. – “…everything is over between us … I mean our relationship …”

“That would be for the best Joonie …” – Key said with sad smile.

Joon wiped away the remaining tears on his cheeks and smiled weakly.  

“If that will make you happy, so be it … Well, good night, I’m tired …” – Joon said and lay down on the bed again.

“Good night Joonie …” – Key whispered and lay down as well.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter 8 :) Is finally here ... HURRAY :D ... I'm sorry It took me so long  to update ;)

I hope you like it :) <3

Please comment and subscribe :)

HAVE FUN :) ;)