T ♡ Z

Best things

 

All things in life are possible,

As long as you want it

 

 

-

 

Of course nobody would ever jump into a conclusion of seeing the extraordinarily talented dancing flower boy and the Chinese martial arts guy together. It seemed absurd and will always seem like one, simply because, they just don’t fit together.

Taemin and Zitao

Apparently, their names could’ve fit together if Zitao’s name started with ‘T’ or Taemin’s name started with ‘Z’. Or maybe it would’ve been quite acceptable if Zitao was actually the dancing machine of EXO or if not, Taemin was the martial arts boy in SHINee.

And of course they’ve known about this, but none of them actually cares, simply because they don’t and they’ve got a reason.

 

-

 

It all happened during a certain party.

SM Entertainment, although it seems pretty hellish outside, as fans would often say, it still would throw parties and events just so they can make up for the tiring schedules and activities in or outside of Korea. And no, most of the parties are unknown for they are always done at the very odd hours of the day (or night).

The party was held on the big hidden room of the company. The entertainment company wanted to celebrate the success of EXO’s showcase and of course, the rest of the groups were invited. It was planned to be a simple one, simply because it was just the beginning of everything, definitely with wine, music and all.

 

-

 

Tao didn’t really classify himself as a sociopath but during that time, he was a bit afraid to engage into conversations with his label-mates because his Korean skills weren’t that good. Luhan was fluent, Kris can manage, the two Koreans obviously can handle it, and Yixing can somehow deal with urbanized Korean language. Tao was never fond of learning languages, not even when he already had a reason for learning it. Heck, he was supposed to be into martial arts (or dancing shall he say), not into the line of language writing or oral engagements.

He simply sat on the corner of the room, occasionally having a talk with the other Chinese people inside the party room. His eyes suddenly laid on Lee Taemin. It was pretty funny because he realized that he was months older than the other, but the flower boy seemed to be ages older than him because of his experience in and out of every stage he had performed. The other male noticed his stare too and smiled at him, casually taking steps towards his direction.

No, he never told anyone (not even Kris) that he had a huge crush on the youngest member of SHINee,

 

Lee Taemin

 

Tao never expected for the other guy to come to him and have a good conversation. Well, to be honest, it wasn’t really that good because his Korean knowledge was very poor and Taemin had to laugh at every crooked Korean word he said.

“Should I call you hyung?” Taemin asked and chuckled after he asked the question.

Tao blushed and said, “No, really, it awkward” Taemin laughed his heart out again and pinched the other’s cheeks.

“You’re really cute, you know? Gege?”

 

-

 

To say that he was embarrassed of his crooked Korean would be an understatement, although Tao would like to be grateful to it because he made the other laugh for many times which definitely showed off more of the male’s beauty.

And maybe because of that cute and long conversation, the other members of EXO wondered why Tao was much more eager to learn Korean and that in just a few weeks; his skills became better than Yixing’s.

He was pretty grateful that their manager decided to let them stay more in Korea, making him gain more ways to spend time with Taemin. The young male didn’t seem to mind it either, he was happy because his Korean skills were improving and that Tao had slowly opened up more of his personality.

It was just a mere friendship at first, an overflowing fleet of platonic feelings that leached between them whenever they’re together. However, from the moment they realized it, they had been too dependent at each other’s company, and never did they want to remove themselves from each other’s presence.

 

-

 

“You seem to be hanging out with Taemin a lot.” Luhan remarked one day at Tao, who, at that time, was busy preparing himself for his Wushu dusk-time practice.

“Hmm... Why? Is it wrong?” He asked, completely curious on why Luhan asked that.

“No… It’s just that, I never thought you’d look good together.”

Tao turned to Luhan’s direction with questioning eyes, oozing the question REALLY? And that the older male had to sigh and nod while smiling to him after.

“Don’t you think I’m too fierce for him?” He inquired, spilling out his long time kept thoughts in his mind.

“A panda for a cute boy? No, you totally complement each other.”

And maybe because of that, Tao wondered why his body was so exhausted that night; yet, he still had the energy to reply to Taemin’s short but sweet messages.

 

-

 

Of course, he wouldn’t stay in Korea forever. It was already the day that EXO-M had to return to China to resume their activities and attend to various television shows. It saddened the both, obviously. But both of them also knew that from time to time, Tao would be coming to Korea for their other activities and it would be evidently their chance to see each other again.

“Hey,” Taemin spoke with his voice quivering.

“Hey,” Tao replied with the same amount of sadness that the other felt.

Taemin took out a small book from his pocket and gave it to the other. Tao looked at it and smiled when he realized that it was a Chinese-Korean dictionary, he gazed at Taemin and noticed the other dictionary on his left hand,

 

 

 

It was a Korean-Chinese dictionary.

 

 

-Wo ai ni, gege-