Prologue

Paper Crane

Author's Note:

Hello there, itstokkibear presenting you the prologue of the story, Paper Crane
The theme song for this chapter is
My Immortal by Evanescence Guitar Cover by Jung Sungha.


            "Suzy," a voice was calling for my name. I ignored the presence of the voice and continued crossing over the never-ending bridge. "Bae Suzy!" Someone gripped onto my wrist tightly and was strong enough that when it pulled me, my body swiftly turned towards its direction. The more I tried to loosen the grip, the more it tightens its grip. "Calm down and listen to me, Suzy. I have two boxes for you and you have to pick one. You must be wondering why I am doing this, am I right?" the voice paused for a few seconds, and continued, "It's because I heard your voice. The pain must have been unbearable for you during these times. But trust me, if you pick a box here, you won't regret it." I hesitated a bit. It seems too good to be true.

            "Don't you want a chance to relive your life again?" I opened my mouth to response, but nothing came out. "Isn't it worth to take a risk? At least, you won't regret. Time is ticking." I had no idea what triggers me; I touch one of the boxes with caution. Right at the moment, the box got smaller and smaller then it landed on my hand.

            "I hope you don't regret the choice you make, Bae Suzy." The figure gradually fades away as it got farther away from my reach.  

            Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. The constant sound of this beeping is starting to become an annoyance. The scent of antiseptics was concentrated in the air, plus the overly clean scent was a nuisance to my body. It didn't seem like it was willing to go away. Either that, or it simply didn't want to leave me alone. I twitched my fingers and slightly opened my eyes. I noticed the fog taken over the oxygen mask upon each baby breath. I could hear voices surrounding me. I opened my mouth, but no voice escaped.

            "Oh my Buddha! What do we do, Jinwan?" The lady faced the little boy, shaking him. The little boy was just standing there, looking down his feet. He didn't uttered a word. "Jinwan, tell your mother what she should do. Please, Jinwan?" the women, I assumed it was his mother, begged the boy.

            There was a mandressed in a white lab coatcame in and followed by nurses behind him. "Ms. Kim. Jinwan. I am going to do some checkup on Miss Bae." He walked over towards me, with a clipboard in his hands, and asked me several questions. I opened my mouth and only air came out. It wasn't the fact that I was mute or such. I just couldn't speak. Every time I try to think back, my head hurts.

            "Doctor Yoo, I think you should stop." Ms. Kim yelled and rushed towards my side, hugging me tightly. "It's okay, honey. It's okay if you forget. No... It's better if you can't remember about your past, Suzy."

            It has been six years since the incident. I secretly tried to remember my past. It's no good. I never really understood mother's word. "It hurts," I murmured, silently crying and held my hands against my head. I hastily grabbed my medicine container and gulped down a pill. My breathing starts to ease down and the pain was gradually becoming less painful. At this rate, I might die due to overdose of pills, I thought.

            The sunlight flashes through the bamboo blinds as the sun dust emits into the air. I could hear the footsteps coming closer. I took a hold of my blanket and covered myself, pretending that I was still asleep. "Suzy, wake up." I didn't budge. "Suzy, please wake up for me?" a voice said in a seducing tone, as it uncovers my blanket. I let out a soft moan, rolling my body to the other side—facing the wall. "Just five more minute, Jinwan?" My voice was muffled and it was barely audible underneath the pillow. Jinwan heaved a sigh, "I will get Midnight to eat up your music sheets." I shot up from bed, yelling, "No!"

            "Finally, your majesty is awake. You will do anything for music, don't you?" He rolled his eyes, "Hurry up and get ready, sis. I don't even know why mom agreed to let you attend school in your state."

            "Maybe, she wants me to watch over you." I teased, reluctantly get my lazy from bed. I tippy-toed and ruffled his hair, before I freshen up.

            After I took my time washing up, I was dressed in a baggy cream-colored crewneck and plaid skirt. I tied my hair into a messy bun with a floral chopstick. "Today is the day I, Bae Suzy, return." I grabbed my schoolbag and walked downstairs to the dining room.


Author's Note: 

Hope you enjoyed reading!(: