Chapter Two

Half Of The Moon

Author's Note: There are several new characters here and so to avoid confusion, please refer to Foreword. I've updated it with characters' introduction.

 

Half of the Moon

Chapter Two

By: Sharl/zielddhy

 

 

When Junsu woke up the next morning, the first thing he noticed was how soft and warm his silver cage was. Then everything hammered back to him so fast he got up from his bed and full blown headache came in. His whole body hurt but then again it wasn’t something new. In fact, Junsu felt extremely safe, a feeling he hadn’t felt since he was turned into a werewolf.

 

The werewolf with a dimple on his left cheek was called Leeteuk and he was an Alpha’s mate. And not just any Alpha’s, the Marook’s, the leader of all Alphas in Asia. Leeteuk used to be a third in his own pack until he met Kangin, an Alpha in another pack.

 

A dominant werewolf usually mated with an equally dominant werewolf like an Alpha male usually mated with an Alpha female, or at least with fourth rank and above. Together they hold the pack and strengthen the pack bond. One werewolf can only mated with on other werewolf for the rest of his/her life. When two destined mates met for the first time, they would instinctively know and were drawn to each other.

 

Junsu was hyperventilating when he realized that he was in the presence of the Marook himself. He was trembling and kept lying on his back, head thrown back in submission until Leeteuk told Kangin to get out from the basement.

 

Apparently all his pack members were dead now. The Alpha hadn’t contacted the Marook at all for several months while each Alpha was supposed to do that on monthly basis. Becoming more suspicious, Kangin had asked his second, Onew to check. It hadn’t taken long for Kangin to attack and disbanded the ‘disturbing’ pack.

 

Leeteuk had taken Junsu home with him to the Marrok’s humongous house where some of Kangin’s pack members live there. One werewolf called Yesung introduced himself and tended to his wounds immediately, explaining that it’d be some time before Junsu’s wound all healed. Junsu didn’t mind, as long as his wounds were healed. Yesung had also given him few meats, even apologizing because there were so little left. Full moon was two days away and nearly every werewolf needed more meat, especially after an attack.

 

The morning sunlight streamed through the opened window, giving the room a peaceful sense. Junsu sighed and rolled on the bed, still marveling at the luxury he had been deprived after spending countless night on either cold basement floor or silver cages. He couldn’t help but wonder, what would happen to him now? Everything happened to fast and too confusing his mind whirled. Would he be taken in Kangin’s pack? He hoped he would, after all he didn’t have anybody else. But then again it wasn’t up to him to choose.

 

He curled into a ball and reached for Wolf. Wolf was

 

A knock on the door brought him back to reality. Leeteuk popped his head in, “Hi Junsu, are you feeling any better?”

 

Junsu nodded and lowered his eyes, he didn’t want to anger the Marook’s mate of course. But Leeteuk only smiled and suddenly he was on the bed, sitting next to Junsu. “Hey it’s okay, don’t be like that. I don’t bite. Much.” He then laughed at his own joke, dimple showing on the smooth skin.

 

“It’s not even funny, Hyung.” Somebody stood at the door.

 

Leeteuk turned around and waved. “Ryeowook, come in. This is Junsu. Junsu, meet Ryeowook, he’s our submissive wolf.”

 

Junsu was shocked. He’d never met a fellow submissive, but Ryeowook was surprisingly happy. He watched in wonder as Ryeowook hopped into the bed and pouted, body curled around Leeteuk asking for a hug which was given almost immediately. “Yesung got called waaayyy too early in the morning.”

 

Leeteuk touched the pouted and replied, “Well, he’s a doctor, there are others who need him. And if the hospital called then it was really an emergency.”

 

The pout deepened. “But I also need him.”

 

With another laugh, Leeteuk consoled the pouting werewolf some more but Junsu didn’t hear him. He was too busy watching Ryeowook, how could a submissive wolf be this happy? There was no bruise nor burn marks on Ryeowook’s body so maybe they were hidden beneath the clothes? And he was talking freely about Yesung who was obviously more dominant that he was. Wasn’t he afraid what might happen if Yesung found out? The dominant wolf couldn’t be pleased.

 

Maybe he was too deep in thoughts because the next thing he knew Ryeowook sat next to him. Leeteuk had left the room and Junsu didn’t hear him leaving. “So,” Ryeowook chatted away happily, “Yesung told me you got hurt pretty bad. He also mentioned something about silver? God I hate that crap. I once got shot with a silver bullet and it was like hell.”

 

Junsu nodded, not really sure on how to respond. Ryeowook seemed to catch this because he suddenly took Junsu’s hand. “Junsu listen to me. The way they treated you was not right at all. Yes we are submissive and we are supposed to give comfort to other members but it’s not the right way. And you might not believe me but other than Leeteuk, I’m the only one who can be around Kangin when he’s mad and he’s the Marook.”

 

He scrunched his face a bit. “Just… take it slow okay, step by step. You’ll find that becoming a submissive can be very fun.” Suddenly his face brightened up. “I know! I’ll sneak some ice cream for you!”

 

 

+

 

 

After a week gone by, Junsu was deemed healthy enough to leave the bed. Yesung said that it shouldn’t have taken a week, but Junsu was malnourished and really weak, it had taken him longer to heal even after all the meats they had given him.

 

Ryeowook was always beside him and it was really easy to be comfortable around fellow submissive. Junsu learned a lot of things in one week he stayed with Kangin’s pack, especially about submissive wolves. For one thing, they didn’t make Ryeowook do anything ual to the pack. They cared about Ryeowook, they wanted to protect him, he was the one that hold the pack together other than the Alpha and his mate.

 

Junsu wanted to be like that.

 

 

+

 

 

Another week passed.

 

Junsu was in the kitchen, washing mount of dishes after breakfast. He didn’t mind that, it was a small thing to do compare to what the Marook’s pack had done to help him. Besides it gave him something else to do than just following Ryeowook around. Yesung had gone a bit possessive because Ryeowook spent so much time with Junsu. He had unintentionally growled at Junsu yesterday and despite knowing that Yesung wouldn’t hurt him, Junsu got scared. If it wasn’t for Leeteuk who had immediately rushed over Junsu would’ve run away from the pack.

 

But the whole exchange made Junsu realized one thing: he couldn’t stay at this pack anymore. Each pack usually just has one submissive wolf because it would be very confusing to the other members if there were two submissive. Moreover it would create even more confusion among the two submissive themselves, one of them has got to be more dominant than the other and they can’t be called submissive if they are more dominant.

 

He put the one last plate on the drying rack and stepped outside. Then he heard Leeteuk’s voice, talking in low tone with Kangin. The Marook was rarely at home, Ryeowook said it was because he was busy contacting other packs, making sure there was none who was like Junsu’s old pack.

 

“He can’t stay here anymore.”

 

“I know. Yesterday Yesung growled at him and I swore he got the same expression like when he was in that silver cage.”

 

Kangin let out a growl. “What did Yesung do?”

 

Leeteuk shrugged. “Got a little bit possessive over Ryeowook, but it was nothing new. Don’t get mad at Yesung, it’s not his fault.”

 

“I know, but this is frustrating,” Junsu heard the Marook sigh, “There can’t be two submissive wolves in one pack.”

 

“What about Yunho’s pack? He doesn’t have a submissive yet,” Leeteuk suggested. “And he’s one of the best Alphas we’ve ever known; he treated his pack members well. Junsu might like it there. A pack bond would’ve helped him a lot.”

 

Junsu chose not to eavesdrop anymore; it wasn’t his place to do so. He was already treading through dangerously thin ice here by listening to the Marook’s conversation with his mate. And it wasn’t like he has a choice anyway, he would’ve leave immediately if Kangin asked him to. He owed the man too much for rescuing him from his old pack. Junsu only hoped that whoever his new Alpha would be, he wouldn’t be like his old Alpha.

 

That is if Yunho didn’t mind having such a troubled and emotionally disturbed submissive.

 

 

+

 

 

Yunho came to the pack house few days later, and in just few minutes Junsu knew Yunho wasn’t like his old Alpha. As soon as he stepped into the house, Yunho had immediately gone to find Junsu and hugged him, whispering that he would do everything in his power to make Junsu feel better. Junsu didn’t know what to say in return so the Alpha showed him. He gave him a glimpse of how it feels when Junsu finally became a pack member.

 

The feeling was overwhelming and it was only a glimpse. Junsu never felt so happy, so wanted, and he burrowed his face into Yunho’s neck as he cried.

 

Two hours later they were on their way to Yunho’s pack house, almost a hundred miles to the North. Yunho was driving and he didn’t mind when Junsu left the window open as they winded further into the mountain. The air was incredibly fresh and Wolf inside Junsu liked that.

 

They stopped at a diner to have some snacks. Yunho told him not to eat anything too heavy because it was almost dinner time and he would like Junsu to eat with the pack later. As they munched on donuts and some coffee, Yunho explained a bit about his pack. There were nine werewolves in his pack, ten including Junsu. Six among them were mates. He didn’t say much about the werewolves, saying that it would be less confusing if Junsu had met them himself.

 

Yunho suddenly stopped talking and a gentle smile spread on his handsome face. “My mate wants to know what your favorite food is.”

 

Junsu looked down on his coffee. “I… don’t have any particular favorite food. They didn’t give me many choices back then.”

 

Suddenly his Alpha’s hand covered his. “I’m sorry that you have to go through all that Junsu, but rest assured, I won’t let anything bad happen to you. I promise.”

 

Junsu felt like tearing up but still managed to give Yunho a small smile when his Alpha squeezed his hand affectionately. “Come on, let’s get going,” Yunho stood up, “Jae can’t wait to meet you. He said that he’ll just whip up everything we have on the fridge and let you decide what to eat later.”

 

One hour later they were just in time for dinner. Yunho’s pack house was large, it looked modern and stood out of place among the surrounding forest but Junsu liked it. It had a very welcoming feeling and as Yunho pulled up at the driveway, few other cars were already there. Almost immediately the door was opened and out was the most beautiful man Junsu had ever seen. Yunho immediately kissed the man and that’s how Junsu knew this must be the Alpha’s mate.

 

The man introduced himself as Jaejoong. “The others are waiting, come in,” he grabbed Junsu’s wrist and left Yunho out there to deal with the luggage. They went to the living room where six other werewolves were sitting comfortably on the couches, two of them were playing video games.

 

“This is Yoochun, he’s the third.” A man with shoulder-length wavy hair smiled. Sitting next to him was another man who looked strikingly familiar with Yoochun. “That one is Yoohwan, Yoochun’s brother,” Jaejoong said when he noticed Junsu was staring. “And his mate,” he added later.

 

Junsu was surprised but he quickly bowed, not wanting to offend the third. He had heard about of course, although he never saw one in his life. And this time it was more surprising because they were among gay werewolves.

 

“Those two idiots over there were Donghae and Eunhyuk,” Jaejoong gestured at the two men playing video games.

 

“Hey!” they protested together.

 

“Stop playing and helped Yunho with the luggage,” Jaejoong commanded. The two men grumbled but they paused the game nonetheless. Of course no one would say otherwise if the Alpha’s mate himself was the one who gave command. Junsu watched as Donghae and Eunhyuk walked side by side, hands entwined together.

 

“That one is Siwon, the fifth and lastly there’s Minho. They don’t have mates yet.” Junsu lowered his gaze appropriately. Although Siwon and Minho were considerably low-ranked, they haven’t found their mates yet meant that once they do, their ranks might shot up and it won’t help if he offended them now.

 

But something was missing. “W-where is your second?” Junsu asked.

 

It was Yoochun who answered him. “Changmin is in Japan now, he’ll be back a couple of days before full moon.” He stood up and smiled, “Welcome to the pack, Junsu.”

 

 

-End of Chapter Two-