She's Got the Whole World in Her Juicy Fruit

End [Voodoo]

 

 

A miscellaneous song played on the radio. The voice hummed and melted into the rain that poured onto the windows of the small convertible. For a while, this was all you wanted. You only wanted the two of you sitting in this warm car while ballads danced through the air. 

 

And when he began to talk, his voice was a low bass that reverberated off the walls of your mind and the windows of the car. You weren't too sure what he was talking about because you were too immersed into the fact that this all felt like a dream that you had before.

 

"Hey…"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Do you want me to walk you to your door?" 

 

You peered out of the window and saw your house only a couple steps away. What you thought was soft rain pitter-pattering against the glass was actually the downpour of the century. It didn't worry you at all. Instead it gave you another motive.

 

Looking back at Youngjae, you didn't say anything. He stared back, intent glimmering in his eyes. 

 

"Can we stay like this for a little more?" you requested, hands fidgeting in your lap. 

 

He saw your hands unaware of where to go and he reached out to hold your left hand. You felt your face heat up and you were glad that it was late at night. The darkness would be enough to cover up your most obvious feelings. Youngjae's thumb caressed the back of your hand gingerly. You sighed and dared not to move, unsure of what to do now. The two of you were in this pristine moment, any interruption was sure to destroy this memory, and you knew that something as small as this was going to disappear from your mind a few weeks from now.

 

"Sometimes I don't know why you're here with me," Youngjae finally said, breaking apart the silence.

 

Another song began to play in the background of your blooming conversation. You looked up into his eyes to show your confusion.

 

"I'm just a boring guy doing boring things, y'know?" he chuckled, a bit of guilt flickering in his eyes. 

 

His hand still rubbed over yours gently. You leaned forward and let your lips peck his.

 

"I don't know," you whispered near his ears. "You're alright."

 

He looked into your eyes and this time his eyes glazed over with something else. Some other emotion that you weren't exactly sure of. You took this as your queue to continue.

 

"There's something special about you."

 

Youngjae drifted his hands onto your shoulders. His left hand roamed from the small of your back to your neck, to which you shivered, and finally to cup your cheek. He leaned in towards your lips and stopped before impact. You could hear your heart thud loudly.

 

"There's… something… about you," you breathed out as small as humanly possible.

 

He lingered, letting the next song begin on the radio. The rain began to pour harder. Your eyes closed as tightly as possible when he moved closer, letting his lips glide over yours. You could feel the chuckle on his lips and you were sure he could feel your nervous smile. 

 

He sighed as he pulled away. You knew it was because he didn't want to. At least you didn't want to. His thumb padded over your lips and you closed your eyes again to immerse yourself in this moment again. The conversation had officially ended, letting your lips do the talking as he continued to kiss you. Time stopped for the two of you as the rain and the voice on the radio muffled your presences like a secret tucked away in someone's mind.