The Peck

We're Not 12 Anymore; We're 13!

Previous Chapter:

Seungyeon beamed. “Of course!!!”

 

She grabbed Hyunjae’s hand.

 

“Unni, let’s go!”

 

Hyunjae stared at Youngmin for a couple of seconds as Seungyeon dragged her away.

 

Will I be okay with her?

 

To her relief, Youngmin nodded.

 

Chapter 10:

“Unni, this is the new dorm room!”

 

Seungyeon swung open the door to reveal a much neater dorm room than Hyunjae had imagined.

 

“You’ll be staying here along with me and the members of EXO.”

 

She twirled around.

 

“Don’t worry though, we’re not sleeping in the same rooms or sharing bathrooms. Our dorm buildings are just connected by the balcony over on the right!” Seungyeon winked.

 

She turned around. Hyunjae stood there, spaced out as if she was concentrating on something.

 

“Uhm, unni? Noh kwenchana?”

 

Seungyeon jumped in front of Hyunjae and waved both of her hands in front of her face.

 

“Unniiiie, the least you could do is respond!”

 

To this, Hyunjae responded. “Kris?”

 

Seungyeon blinked. “Kris? From EXO-M?”

 

She watched dumbfounded as Hyunjae rushed into the kitchen and slid under the table, hiding herself in a corner.

 

“Unni, what are you doing?”

 

There was a silence.

 

“Ooh, I get it now!! Kris oppa is your bias?!?!” Seungyeon giggled. “I do admit he’s handsome, but I think Luhan’s cuter. Don’t you think? His eyes are just so mesmerizing...Ahhhh, it’s so nice to have an unni to talk with about boys now!!”

 

She spun around as the door suddenly swung open. Seungyeon’s eyes widened as she saw Kris step in.

 

“OH, Kris, you’re back!” Seungyeon exclaimed overenthusiastically, immediately turning her attention away from the kitchen. Hyunjae shooed her away with her hands so Seungyeon wouldn't keep staring at her.

 

Both Hyunjae and Seungyeon watched as Kris strolled in and went straight to the refrigerator, grabbing a soda from the side rack. He cracked it open.

 

“Speak of the devil..” She murmured under her breath. “Did unni know Kris was coming?”

 

Kris observed Seungyeon for a minute before making a decision. Hyunjae’s in here somewhere.

 

“Hey, Seungyeon, did you happen to see Hyunjae...-ssi anywhere?”

 

He took a gulp from his Coke can and leaned on the kitchen counter, directly opposite from the kitchen table. Seungyeon held her breath as she saw him casually stare at the table.

 

“N-no, I haven’t seen her A-ANYWHERE at all!” Seungyeon gave a nervous laugh.

 

Her eyes flickered towards the table.

 

“Seungyeon, even though I can only fly, it doesn’t mean I don’t have other instincts that tell me where someone’s hiding.”

 

Seungyeon raised an eyebrow. “Fly? Oppa, what are you talking about?” She snorted.

 

Kris cleared his throat. Ah, Seungyeon hasn’t reached the age to get a power yet. Oh my god, she must think I have mentality issues or something now. I just told someone I could fly...even I wouldn't believe myself unless I saw the real thing! =-=

 

“Oh...it’s nothing.” Kris smiled at Seungyeon. “Flying..what am I talking about, right?”

 

 

Seungyeon grinned. “Was that another one of your lame jokes?  I should’ve laughed then, right? Kekeke~”

 

“Uhm. Yeah...?”

 

 

 

Kris looked at Seungyeon oddly, wondering how someone could be so cheerful and naive 24/7. He sure knew he wouldn't be able to stand it even if it was just for a minute.

 

He left Seungyeon to her own imagination before deciding to cut Hyunjae some slack. He put down his soda can, walked a few steps towards the kitchen table, and squatted down. He smiled as he saw her kneeling underneath the table with a pissed off look on her face.

 

“Same place as usual, Jae.” Kris murmured loud enough for Hyunjae to hear. “Pick another place next time?”

 

She groaned.

 

“Didn’t know tables could groan.” Kris said jokingly.

 

Hyunjae rolled her eyes.

 

“Well, now you do.”

 

“Gee, you could lay the insults down a bit after so long.” Kris commented sarcastically.

 

“Save it.” Hyunjae said, defeated as she crawled out from under the table. “You came to ask if I cared for some fresh air, didn’t you? Let’s make it quick.”

 

Kris frowned. “Well, that was cold.”

 

Hyunjae shrugged. “Not as cold as you can get. Balcony?”

 

Kris chuckled in defeat. “Yeah. Oh, and by the way, I see you can still guess what I’m about to say, huh? I really was going to ask if you cared for some fresh air.”

 

He followed Hyunjae outside, both leaving Seungyeon behind to her own devices. It got quiet as the bickering “couple” left the room.

 

“Mwoya...these two know each other already?” Seungyeon thought weirdly. “This is the first time I’ve seen Kris talk like that to someone. Even unni’s tone changed!”

 

Right then, the door opened again and Luhan stepped in. Seungyeon’s ears perked up.

 

“Luhan, you’re back?”

 

Her face brightened.

 

“Where were you?”

 

Her smile slightly faded, though, as behind Luhan followed Xiumin, Chen, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol.

 

“Oh, we were just working out at the gym upstairs. You should join us next time!” Luhan said, flashing her a smile.

 

She hid her disappointment with her bubbliness and returned his dazzling smile with hers. She watched as he walked past her, not a bit fazed by her appearance.

 

“I call shower first, guys! Whoever’s last has to wash the dishes~!”

 

The other four murmured in disapproval as their exhausted bodies jogged after Luhan.

 

“I guess I can wash the dishes..” Chanyeol sighed as he slowed down his pace.

 

He stopped by Seungyeon and put his hand on her shoulder. He leaned in.

 

“Don’t worry. Luhan will notice you soon enough.”

 

He winked, giving her his happy virus smile before leaving.

 

“H-how did he know?!” Seungyeon squealed, panicking as her face heated up.

 

~*~

“So...” Kris faltered off as both him and Hyunjae leaned against the railings and looked out to the Han River.

 

“What’d you call me out for?” Hyunjae cut in bluntly. “As far as I remember, I do think we stopped being friends when I was around 15.”

 

Kris turned his head to look at Hyunjae, who was still staring out at the river. “You know I was stupid back then and cared about my career and future more than anything,” He said quietly.

 

“And you have what you desired now. It’s nice, isn’t it? To get what you want with hard work.” Hyunjae said flatly.

 

“I...reflected on myself many times already, Hyunjae-ah. I..I’m sorry.” Kris apologized.

 

“You know, I worked as hard as you did. I really did.”

 

Hyunjae paused.

 

“In fact, I followed you around everywhere and went by your training schedule. Believe me, it was hard, but I thought I needed to work with you to reach our dreams together. Foolish friendship beliefs, huh.”

 

She gave Kris a short laugh.

 

“But hard work doesn’t always result to success. Look how much I’ve worked my off to get to, and where I ended up. Just one thing down the road messed up my whole life, didn’t it. I put in the same effort that you did but I didn’t get anything out of it. How could I just let you off that easily?”

 

Kris dropped his gaze to the floor and played with a ring on his finger as he leaned against the rails. This time, Hyunjae turned to look at Kris. It’s been a while since she had seen him in real life, besides the magazines, newspapers, and top internet searches on Naver about EXO and their growing newbie popularity. She could feel the familiar knot in her stomach as she stared at him and knew the feelings hadn’t left her since she had seen him last.

 

“Do you..really want me to forgive you that badly?” Hyunjae said, breaking the silence as she tried to lift the mood. She had just thought of something that might get the feelings she had kept locked inside, out and maybe with that, she would be able to let go of Kris.

 

Kris glanced up at Hyunjae and Hyunjae felt the knot in her stomach tighten. She frowned, not liking the way Kris was making her feel. She saw as Kris slowly nodded to her question before hanging his gaze back on the ground, ashamed of himself.

 

“Hmm...Kris, look at me.” Hyunjae said, the serious tone gone from her voice.

 

She sounded as if she were back to the happy and cheerful Hyunjae. There was no hint of sarcasm, coldness, neglection, sadness, or loneliness. Kris was happy to hear Hyunjae’s own voice again and with this, obliged to listen to her.

 

“Close your eyes.”

 

“...Why?” Kris asked hesitantly.

 

“Just trust me; I won’t do anything to you, would I?” Hyunjae joked.

 

Kris pondered what she said for a moment and decided she was right. He closed his eyes.

 

Well, here goes nothing.

 

Hyunjae leaned in quickly and gave Kris a peck on the cheek. Kris’s eyelids immediately fluttered open and his eyes met Hyunjae’s in shock. He watched as Hyunjae smiled genuinely.

 

“I’ve been confused about my feelings ever since the second you told me to quit, oppa,” Hyunjae laughed. “Thanks for letting me confirm it myself.”

 

She winked at him and turned around, reentering the girls dorm room. Kris stood there in the balcony absentminded, still not able to grasp what happened. His hand slowly reached up towards his cheek and his fingers gently grazed over the place where Hyunjae had planted her lips on.

 

“What was that all about?” Kris murmured as he stared at the door Hyunjae left from. "Aish, cham. It's not polite to leave someone hanging like that, you know!"

 

 

He frowned, kicking a random pebble on the ground.

 

“Hyung!” A voice called out from the other side.

 

He felt a small splash of water on his back. Kris automatically gritted his teeth.

 

“Suho...” Kris growled in annoyance. “I obviously told you not to use your water powers around me!”

 

Suho giggled. “I called your name 10 times, duizhang. You just didn’t hear me!”

 

“W-what?” Kris said, flustered.

 

“Oohhh, looks like someone’s still thinking about Hyunjaee!!” Kai teased, appearing next to Kris out of thin air.

 

Kris swore he almost got a heart attack. “Who the hell says I’m thinking about Hyunjae?!”

 

 

 

He lifted himself a few feet away from Kai, unable to think of a good comeback. 

 

Right on time, Baekhyun entered the situation.

 

 

"Guys, look!"

 

 

He projected a picture of Hyunjae pecking Kris on the cheek on the wall, using his light powers as a screen projector. His necklace glowed as he snapped his fingers and the picture appeared on the wall.

 

“OOHHHHHH!!”

 

Kris looked straight ahead to see all 11 of the EXO members gathered by the door staring at the picture.

 

“Oh my god, someone help me.” Kris muttered, facepalming himself.

 

He walked into the boys dorm room himself, countlessly asking himself why he was EXO's leader as the rest of the members continued to marvel over the picture.

 

~*~

A/N:

Is this what you call swimming in your own misery? LOL~ Anyway, feel free to leave comments and continue to subscribe, vote, comment, and support my fanfics! Loving all you new subscribers ;D

 

OH BTW did you guys see the EXO drama version music videos?! My feels were completely on overload T-T Just Kris and Luhan in the beginning made my heart melt xDD

 

Love,

Author