Because words aren't needed

Because words aren't needed

After spending some time away, he really forgot how cold winter was in Korea.
Cladded only in a thin hoodie and jean, he must admitted, he was quite foolish for not keeping any heavy clothing in his hand-carried luggage.
He rubbed his hands together and breathed on them, easing the tingling sensation his pale fingers were having.

He was waiting for his companions in front of the airport. They were taking quite sometime, but he didn't mind one bit.

The airport was quieter than he remembered. Or was it because he was standing by himself?
Closing his eyes and he let out a white puff of air.

Every time the group came back from a tour, they would have to walk through a sea of fans with supporting banners. It was a surprise how no one had caught the word that they were coming back this morning. Whatever their manager did, he was thankful for it.

He pulled out his phone and tapped on the green message icon.
He let his thumb hovered for a minute before finally typing a message to a number.

'I'm back' He erased it.

'Are you busy today?' He erased it again.

'It might rain soon, don't forget to dress warmly' Who was he to talk?

So he just stared at the screen, reading the recipient number over and over again.
'Good morning, are you awake?' He settled for a normal greeting and quickly pressed 'sent' before he can change his mind.

1 minute.
2 minutes.
3 minutes.

He smiled even when there was no reply.

"Hyung! Did you wait long?" A voice turned him around to see his two friends running up to him. He slid the phone back in his pocket. "I'm really sorry! Yoochun couldn't find his passport so we got held back at the checkpoint." Junsu said between his wheezing for air.
"It was in Junsu's bag all along and we searched like crazy." Yoochun laughed.

He only shook his head. The smile still played on his lip as he spoke. "Should we go now? Or did you two forget anything else?" He turned his heel, heading to the parking lot. "For example... covering that red mark on Junsu's neck?" He chuckled, and they thought he couldn't see through their obvious lie.

"You idiot, I told you not to leave a mark." He heard the two exchanging whispers as they strolled behind him. "I couldn't help it." He knew Yoochun's grin was reaching ear to ear without even looking. "Here..." He decided to steal a glance at them. Yoochun was wrapping his muffler around the other's neck. As much as Junsu tried to hide it, he knew how much Junsu was flattered by the action.

He started walking again.

Watching them made him happy, but it also made him realized that
loneliness really did suited him the best.

--

"Hyung, are you sure you don't want to come?" Junsu asked him for the umpteenth time.
"My mom would really like to see you too, hyung." Yoochun added. The two wanted him to come with them to Yoochun's house, but he only continued to get out of the car then slung his bag over his shoulder.
"I'm sure ajumma is more interest in him, Chun-ah." He grinned at Junsu, who immediately looked fluster at the statement. "Thanks for the ride home. Go enjoy some family time. I'll see you two tomorrow at the photoshoot." He shut the door, cutting off anymore protest his friends were going to give.

He stood in front of his beloved house and waved after the car as the Audi disappeared from his view.

It was too early for any shop to open. It was too cold for anything really.
He was going to take a walk after getting his coat but as the sight of his warm bed greeted him, he just dived right in and snuggled the warm blanket.

'Remember to eat breakfast before starting any schedule.'
He tossed his phone to the side then burying his face in his pillow, drifting off to sleep.

---

The sound of rain hitting against the bedroom window woke him up. Tik tik tik nonstop.
He sighed and rolled on his stomach to catch a glimpse of the table clock.

12:27 pm

He pulled himself up as he yawned. Stretching his back and running his hand through his newly bedhead, he reached for the phone.

2 new messages.

He blinked, quickly checked his inbox.

'Hyung, let's go shopping together!' Junsu.
'Hyung, we should go get a drink or two. Both Junsu and Yoohwan refused to go with me. T-T' Yoochun.

He smiled and typed a reply, declining both offer.
As tempting as shoes and soju sound, the current weather turned every last bit of his energy into laziness. The walk that he planned might have to be reconsider too.

'Don't forget to eat lunch' He sent another message to the number before head to the kitchen at the demand of his growling stomach.

He turned the TV on and checked the fridge.
"TVXQ new album 'Time' has finally been released in Korea!" His ears perched up and he turned to the TV while gulping down orange juice from the carton. A segment of the 'Catch me' MV played and he smiled again. "Don't forget to get your copy today!"


Maybe he really need to get out of the house today, raining or not.

---

The cold wasn't as bad as before since he was covered from head to toes and wrapped in a humongous scarf. He was sure not even his band members will recognize him after he put on a pair of sunglasses to add onto this get up.

As the rain lighten up, he felt no need for car nor umbrella. So he walked to the closest music store and ignored the droplets of water on his coat.

He immediately found the album since the display was right at the door.
The problem was the mob of girls surrounding it.

He huffed in disappointment and decided to pick out some old CD that he didn't have yet while waiting for them to leave.


They looked dashing like always. He smiled fondly at the cover picture of TONE before putting on the headphones, listening to the preview of the album.

If the words spoken between you and me made a song
What would your favorite melody be?
Even if the world suddenly changed overnight
With you around, we can sing the duet

Don’t forget, never forget, my heart is yours
I want you to know I’ll protect you with my everlasting eternal love
I love you, so love you, my everything is yours
So come here and stay with me


He mumbled the lyric along before part of another song started to play. He stopped the preview and went to the front.
The girls had dispersed... but there wasn't any copy left. SOLD OUT in little amount of time. He wasn't sure if he should feel happy for them or feel depress because he didn't have what he wanted?

He could go to another store, but what was the chance it won't be the same?

He sighed and came to the check out. "So much for getting out of the house." He commented to himself.

As understanding what he was saying, the familiar clerk smiled. "I know that was going to happen. That's why..." The guy pulled out something from under the counter.

"Seriously?" A wide smile spread on his face as he saw the blue CD in the other's hand.

"Think of it as a welcome back present?" The guy smiled back to him and scanned all of his items then put them in a bag.

"You're the best! Thank you." He said happily.

"Anything for a regular. Just don't tell my boss." The guy whispered with a grin. "And you seriously got to stop wearing that same scarf everywhere. It gave you out, y'know?"

He just laughed softly. "It's my favorite though." He took the bag after paying. "Thanks again."

“No problem.” The guy waved at him as he left.

His mood was better than good and it kept getting even better when he spotted that person.

He pulled out his phone and typed quickly 'You look good today'

He stood from afar, watching two men struggling to get past screaming fans and into their van. And he wondered which morning radio they were on... Such a shame that he missed it.

---

I want you to beg for me so I’ll wait for you
Tell me, “Don’t ever leave me”
You’re too slow but I’m only looking at you till you make up your mind – why?
I want you to beg for me so I’ll wait for you
Tell me, “Don’t ever leave me”
Fool, why did I love you? I only have you – why?


The song played on repeat, but barely loud enough due to the rain outside.

"Don't ever leave me, huh?" He spoke out loud to himself and closed his book.

8:53 pm

He grabbed his phone again and dialed the number.

Click. That person picked up after the first ring.

He adjusted himself to a more comfortable position and put his phone against his ear.

Breath after breath, the person said nothing, having no intention of breaking the silence. He was the same.

It was just until his eyes were tired enough that they started to heap shut that the person finally spoke.
"Goodnight Jaejoong-ah..."

Like every time, the line never disconnected until the next morning.


===

Lyrics are from DUET and CATCH ME, taken from pinkrazy.wordpress

It was disappointing? Yea I know but thanks for reading~

I honestly don't understand what I wrote either lol :) oh and I hope I didn't make too many grammar mistake lol I didn't proofread it very thoroughly