Impish

The April Imp

Warning: overuse of the word imp

***

Minki giggled, slipping into Aron and Baekho's shared room. He pulled out his supplies, grinning devilishly. They would be in for a surprise later.  To make sure the prank would be successful, Minki turned the thermostat way up, then taped over the control buttons. He set up a hidden camera to see their reactions, and then snuck back out of the room.
***
 

Jonghyun had a schedule for the whole day, so Minki had free range. Biting his lip, he thought over his options. There were quite a few pranks he could pull, but it had to be perfect. Jonghyun liked to pull his ponytail (thank God that was gone) and make fun of Minki's rather...flamboyant look. It wasn't his fault this was the image the company gave him! He was probably just jealous that he couldn't pull off the flower boy look the way Minki could. But whatever. Back to the task at hand. Pranking Jonghyun.  Minki narrowed his eyes and tapped his chin. He felt as though the cliché light bulb went off, and let out an "Ah ha!" He turned into Jonghyun's private bathroom (being the leader had some sweet perks).  It was the perfect revenge, err, prank.
***
 

His plan for Minhyun was significantly less evil than the pranks on his other hyungs.  Minhyun had been by far the nicest to him during the debut. The others were far too touchy-feely, something Minki wasn't too fond of. But, he'd let it go, because skinship was part of the reality of being an idol. However, Aron, Baekho, and Jonghyun knew that it bothered him, and got excessively handsy just to bother him. Minhyun was nice enough to only perform skinship when it was necessary, unlike the others. So just a mild prank for Minhyun. Minki give a grin at the unsuspecting food.
***

In the end, it was Minhyun who discovered the prank left for him by the resident prankster. Minki (actually there was no evidence suggesting it was him, but Minhyun just knew) had put hot sauce in the ketchup bottle, which was extremely evil of him, because everyone knows Minhyun loves ketchup. Minhyun sent a glare at the laughing imp in the corner, before sticking his head underneath the faucet to soothe the fire in his mouth. The sight of Minhyun dripping and look for all the world like a cat stuck in the rain forced Minki into tears, he was laughing so hard. “Oh God, Minhyun, you should’ve seen your face when you took the first bite. Oh my God, I think I’m going to die. This is so funny. Where’s my camera? I need to take a picture of this~!” Minki ran out of the kitchen, possibly to find his camera, leaving a seething Minhyun behind.

***

Minki was still laughing up a storm in his and Minhyun’s room when Baekho and Aron found their prank. They had been outside playing basketball, taking in the nice spring weather, and were now arguing over who’d get the first shower. When they entered their room, however, thoughts of a shower were pushed back, leaving only one thought: “Why the hell is it so hot in here?!?” Aron went to go find the thermostat, groaning when he saw the tape-covered buttons. “Ugh, the thermostat must be broken. Baekho, can you turn on the fan?” Baekho nodded, flicking the switch. Suddenly, with a great puff, the world turned white. Baekho let out a piercing shriek (it was actually pretty girly, but later he’d deny it and proclaim his manliness). The flour that had been hidden on the top of the fan was stilling flurrying around the room, sticking to their sweaty bodies and coating the room. “Turn it off!” Aron shrieked demanded. Baekho searched blindly for the off switch, finally stumbling upon it. The fan turned off, and the blizzard settled down, leaving everything covered in a fine dust of powder. In the absence of their shrieking manly yelling, the duo could hear Minki giggling from out in the hall. “MINKI!!” They both cried out, Baekho ripping open the door as they both stormed out, glaring at the imp on the ground. Minki scrambled up from where he had been watching the chaos on the hidden camera. The sight of his two hyungs trying to look fierce while covered in flour sent Minki into hysterics, almost to the point where he’d start rolling on the ground. “This isn’t funny!” exclaimed Aron, while Baekho was be the mess the flour had made in their room. “Yes it is!” called out Minki as he sprinted away from them, still cackling as he rounded the corner.

***

Minki was almost twitching with anticipation when Jonghyun got home. He’d originally been going to eat and then pass out on his bed after his rigorous schedule, but Minki had insisted that Jonghyun take a shower first. Jonghyun shot Minki a weird look, but was too tired to argue. Actually, a hot shower did sound nice. He the tap and climbed in, allowing the warm water to ease the ache in his muscles. He reached for the shampoo, then massaged it into his scalp. Jonghyun frowned, his eyes snapping open as he felt the consistency of the “shampoo”. Sniffing it, he let out a gasp. It was maple syrup! He quickly rinsed his hands and tried to scrub out the syrup, but it was no use. With a sigh, Jonghyun got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist. He paused suddenly, hearing sniggers outside his door. With a growl, he flung it open, revealing a chuckling Minki. The evil little imp. The sight of the leader, hair sticky and thoroughly messed up caused the chuckles to become full out peals of laughter. “YOU! You did this!” Jonghyun angrily gestured to his gooey hair. Minki couldn’t contain himself, nodding as he let out his mirth. Minki scurried away, trying to escape the irate leader. He was still letting out the occasional giggle as he slipped into his bedroom.

***

The four pranked members were grumbling as they all wandered into the living room. Their eyes widened as they took in the destructive force that was Minki and his pranks: Minhyun, panting like a dog and holding a half-empty gallon water bottle, Baekho and Aron dusted white, and Jonghyun with gross hair. They all noticed who was missing, a specific little imp who had done this to them. They all decided it was time for pay back. But how?  They all had to put their heads together and think just their evil little imp of a maknae. Baekho gave a devilish grin as he came up with the perfect plan.

***

Minki grinned as he walked into the living room, ready to survey the damage. But he stopped, startled, at what he saw. Aron was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands, shoulders shaking. He was…crying? Minhyun looked like he was in tears, too, and Baekho and Jonghyun seemed to be trying—and failing—to comfort them both. “I…guys? What are you doing? Aron? Minhyun? Guys, what’s wrong?” Aron muttered something in English, and walked out of the room, Baekho following him. Minki bit his lip, watching them leave. “Guys?” Jonghyun stood up, glaring at Minki. “Look what you did. Aron’s already been having a tough time adjusting to life in Korea. And this,” Jonghyun gestured to the destruction, “just pushed him right over the edge. Way to go, Minki.” Jonghyun glared at Minki and led a still-crying Minhyun out of the room. Minki stood shocked in the room, all alone. Did he…did he really do that? Oh God. Minki spun on his heel and ran after the other members. He burst into the room, eyes slightly wild. “Guys. I’m so sorry. Oh God you don’t understand. Please, please forgive me! Aron, plese don’t leave. Please, it was just an April Fool’s joke!” The members sat in silence for a few seconds, letting Minki think about what his not-so-innocent pranks had caused. Then, everyone looked up at Minki.

“APRIL FOOLS!”

***

/endings

Okay um like two days late but shhhh

This is a lot longer than it was supposed to be.

Oh well. Enjoy.