The Birthday Party

Sungjae's Birthday Madness

Sungjae could not believe it! He was turning 19 today and was extremely excited. By the time he switched on his phone in bed and look at the Internet for any fan messages, he was astonished to find thousands of fangirl messages wishing him Happy Birthday! He grinned sleepily as he switched off the phone and stretched and yawned.

Back downstairs, the six were having a little argument.....

"We should make a chocolate cake!" said Eunkwang.

"No! A fruit cake! Chocolate is too sweet!" said Changsub.

"We should have a big cake and combine the two together!" said Peniel.

"What about the presents? We should get him skinny jeans or something," said Hyunsik.

"Yes but he has a small waist and it is so hard to find something like that, especially since he is the tallest in our group." argued Minhyuk.

"I think that he deserves something else, like........" Ilhoon jumped in. But that was when Sungjae immediately went into the room.

 

"Good morning hyungs!" he grinned.

"Happy birthday!" they all stared at him, hiding something behind their backs and forcing on an awkward smile on their faces.

"Thanks! What's up?"

"We uhhhhhh........we have to clean the house......why don't you go outside and have a good time?" suggested Changsub.

"Oh dear, I don't wanna be selfish, couldn't I help you?"

"No no no it's fine, young ones need their rest and freedom the most!" chuckled Eunkwang.

"Yeah, go out and have fun!" said Hyunsik pushing him out the door.

"And don't go too far or too late! Be back by 5 PM!" called out Minhyuk.

"I will." said Sungjae. "Bye hyungs."

"Bye Sungjae!" they all waved.

 

Once Sungjae was out the house, the members turned to one another.

"Ok, how should we do this? We need to buy a present and make a cake for him too." said Eunkwang.

"I know right?" groaned Hyunsik, "Curse these schedules,", even though he liked his job as an entertainer.

Eunkwang thoughted and thoughted. Taking the role as leader again, he made suggestions.

"Ok guys, let's split up jobs. Hyunsik, Changsub, Ilhoon, you go buy the presents, whilst Minhyuk, Peniel and I will make the cake."

"Ok, no problem."

Hyunsik, Changsub and Ilhoon waited for a while until they were erally sure that Sungjae was some place elsewhere far away, whilst Eunkwang, Peniel and Minhyuk took out the kitchen utensils.

 

Eunkwang, Peniel and Minhyuk put on their aprons and took out a cookbook.

"Ok," said Eunkwang, "What do you want to make?"

"I think a fruit cake would do to be honest," said Peniel, "It's much healthier than chocolate. Besides, Sungjae just LOVES berries."

"Yeah, I agree," said Minhyuk as he took some mangoes, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and a cherry.

"Ok, are you ready to roll?" asked Eunkwang.

"Ready." answered Peniel and Minhyuk.

"Ok," said Eunkwang preparing a big bowl and reading out aloud from the cookbook, "Pour in 3 cups of flour."

"Awww man we can't cook that well." said Peniel.

"Doesn't matter!" said Eunkwang, "That's the point of this party - to be a surprise!"

"Fine," said Peniel as he poured in the flour.

"Ok Minhyuk, crack in the bowl two eggs, whilst I get 3 cups of water."

The three continued to operate and make the cake.

 

Meanwhile, Hyunsik, Ilhoon and Changsub were shopping around Myeongdong, looking for clothes. Forgetting that fangirls were watching them, they all squealed and instantly pounced on them, begging for fan service.

The three boys struggled to escape them, but they finally did.

"We need six presents, Eunkwang, Peniel and Minhyuk are not with us so what shall we buy for them to give to Sungjae?" wondered Changsub.

"Hmmmm......said Ilhoon. "Say.....this jacket is nice!"

"It sure is!" agreed Hyunsik.

 

As for Sungjae, he was finally glad to have a moment of peace all to himself. He decided to go to Seoulland and have fun in the amusement park. It is interesting that on his birthday there were fewer people compared to other days, so there were not many crazy swarming fangirls blocking his way. He did of course meet several fangirls and did give them fan service, but not as much as when he of course attended fan meetings or just happened to go in densely populated areas in Seoul.

He decided to ride a roller coaster, just before he stopped at a restaurant to eat some doenjjang jjigae, his favourite food.

 

Back in Myeongdong, Hyunsik, Changsub and Ilhoon were still struggling to find sizes, but eventually they did.

"That sure was a hell lot of work, especially since he is so tall!" laughed Ilhoon.

"But can we buy something else for him other than clothes?" asked Hyunsik.

"Of course, let's go to Insa-dong, there are cool stuff there too." said Changsub, "Come on, let's go to the subway station.", just as soon as the saleslady finished putting the clothes into shopping bags.

 

Meanwhile back at home, there was a bit of a problem with making the batter.

"We've been here for hours," wailed Eunkwang, "And we still can't do it!"

"Yuck, the batter is all sloppy and gooey!" exclaimed Peniel.

"I told you not to put too much water and yeast!" complained Minhyuk.

And the three pretty much got into an argument, and without hesitation began throwing in random amounts of sugar, flour, yeast, baking power, water and cinnamon, but the bowl kept on becoming more runny and eventually overflowed.

Minhyuk was pointing and laughing at the batter, whilst Peniel and Eunkwang were pissed off.

"Now what's the matter with you?" asked a frustrated Eunkwang.

"Your faces," giggled Minhyuk, "You were boiling with anger so much that you practically MELTED the batter!"

Peniel started laughing, and Eunkwang joined in laughing too.

They rolled on the floor laughing until they stared at the clock.

"Shoot, it's 1:30 pm, good thing we didn't put in the fruits otherwise we'd make SLIME FRUIT CAKE!" said a laughing Eunkwang.

This made them laugh even more.

 

In Insadong, Changsub, Ilhoon and Hyunsik were looking at the antiques.

"This fan is lovely." said Hyunsik.

"As is this bracelet." said Changsub.

"As is this pencil case." said Ilhoon.

"It's too girly." protested Hyunsik.

"Who cares? It's just a present!" said Ilhoon.

"Alright guys we gotta decide," Changsub said as they scanned around the street, trying to duck from as many fangirls holding cameras as possible.

 

Sungjae continued to stroll through the park, admiring the beautiful weather and the ray of golden sun. He continued to ride some more rides.

He was having so much fun that he forgot about the time. He checked his watch and saw that it was 3 PM.

"Well, I have to be back in two hours," he thought, "I'll just stay for one more hour."

 

More chaos broke loose back at home. Despite having finished the cake, they were all arguing about what colour the icing should be, red or black. The problem was that they were both Sungjae's favourite colours and they did not know which colour to choose.

"Black will look horrible on a fruit cake!" said Minhyuk. "Red is prettier."

"It's just a cake! Black looks good on everything!" argued Peniel.

"Red!"

"Black!"

"RED!!!!"

"BLACK!!!!"

Eunkwang jumped in, "Guys, stop arguing! Let's make a red and black striped cake!"

They sat there dumbstruck but agreed. They took turns as they painted the cake with icing.

 

Hyunsik, Changsub and Ilhoon finally finished the shopping, the presents wrapped beautifully in boxes with ribbon.

"Ok guys, looks like the problem is solved. Now we need to get back, managing all this stuff." said Changsub, as they headed down for the subway station.

 

Sungjae checked the watch, it was now 4 PM.

"Oh," he thought, "It would take me over an hour to get home. I should probably be leaving right now."

 

Hyunsik, Changsub and Ilhoon arrived home in half an hour.

"Oh good you're back." said Eunkwang, "Did you see the cake we made?"

"No," said Hyunsik just before he showed it to them.

"Okay guys," said Eunkwang gathering the five together, "Sungjae will be home any minute. Hide in the living room by the time he is about to open the door. Once we feel like it, we will all jump up and yell, SURPRISE!"

"Cool stuff." they all agreed.

 

Sungjae arrived home a little late. He knocked on the door, but there was no answer. He rang the bell, but there was no answer. Eventually he pressed the security code of the house on the doorknob and entered.

"Hmmmmm...." he thought, "Where is everybody? I hope they were not tired of waiting for me."

He sat down and waited, until six happy boys jumped out from behind furniture, yelling "Surprise! Happy birthday Sungjae!"

"Oh wow!" gasped Sungjae with happiness.

Eunkwang led the others to the dining room, a beautiful red and black striped cake with food and drink set out on the table.

"You remembered they were my favourite colours!" Sungjae laughed.

"We sure did." smiled Peniel.

After eating, singing Happy Birthday and then blowing out the candles and eating the cake, Sungjae received the presents from his six hyungs, one by one.

Eunkwang gave him a paper fan with a tiger painting on it.

Changsub gave him a black leather jacket.

Hyunsik gave him a pair of skinny jeans.

Peniel gave him a wooden bead bracelet.

Minhyuk gave him a silky pencilcase with a woven butterfly on the zip.

Ilhoon gave him a goth-style black T-shirt with layers.

"Thank you guys, these are absolutely lovely!" he exclaimed. "You are the best hyungs ever!"

"It was nothing." smiled Eunkwang.

"We're really glad you like them." said Hyunsik.

"I couldn't have had a better birthday party without you guys!" said Sungjae.

 

That night, Sungjae somehow wanted to try on the clothes straight away. Whilst the other members were asleep, he undressed and put on the goth T shirt, black skinny jeans and leather jacket, and began practically dancing and prancing around the house, admiring himself and dancing cluelessly.

Unfortunately, the worst happen as he heard a riippppppppppp.

"AAAAAAAAAAA! DAMMIT!" Sungjae yelled, startling the others.

"Sungjae are you ok?" asked Changsub.

"Yeah I'm fine!" called out Sungjae.

Now what do I do? Sungjae thought. He could not sew, so there was no way to fix the tear.

However a wonderful idea sprung up as he grabbed a pair of scissors and make more cut offs in the pants. Sungjae put them on. He was very satisfied!

 

The next day the members woke up dreading the hectic schedules again. Sungjae decided to put on the clothes and surprise them.

"How do I look?" he asked.

They all at first stared and gaped at his new pants.

"It's so......." said Hyunsik.

"Awesome!" jumped in Minhyuk, "You so y brooo."

"Thanks." said Sungjae.

And they all laughed and laughed as they headed for the limo.