Best Partner~

Best Partner ~Oneshot~

 

 

 

***Hyuna's PoV***



More than a crush, less than love. 
Words can never escape my mouth. 
Eyes meet for only a second measure. 
Smiles form, only on my behalf. 
Trapped in a distance so bitter sweet. 
Age so close to touch, but never will they meet. 
A love to love, but no love to give. 
Such emotions can't be filled with looks and authority only. 
What is this emotion? 
More than a crush, but less than love? 
No explanation for what one feels. 



Today was a Friday which means I could stay up all night doing absolutely nothing! This was the life. Grades are fantastic, trips were awesome, and friends are doing great. My freshmen year couldn't get any better. It was the last block of the day and I was heading up the stairs to the bathroom. The halls were empty as usual. This school has a zero tolerance policy about skipping and walking halls without passes and stuff. A very strict school this is. I still wonder how I'm even here. Oh well... I heard a buzzing noise around me and totally freaked out while squealing. I started swatting in every direction which made me trip on the stairs and caused me to fall face first. I heard somebody run down the stairs towards me and helped me up. 

"Ow ow ow." I held my nose. 

"Are you okay?" This guy asked me. 

"Yeah, I don't think it's broken. I don't think..." He moved my hand from my nose.

"Let me see." I was skeptical of letting a complete stranger touch all on my nose, but I figured if he wanted to see some nose hair he was cool. "It's not broken, just bruised and bleeding."

"Bleeding?" I felt under my nose and looked at my hand. "Ohh, well this ." The strange nice guy smirked.

"Nah, it could've worst. I mean you did fall kind of hard on concrete stairs." He took out a handkerchief from his coat pocket and dabbed my nose. "Would you like me to take you to the nurse's office?" I turned down his offer.

"I was just heading up to the bathroom before my mishap, so I'll just look at it myself, but thank you for the offer."

"Okay, but you should still go. Just to get some ice at least." I nodded and smiled as he helped me get up after collecting my pass off the floor. "My name is Hoya Lee by the way. And you are..?" He held out his hand. 

"Hyuna Kim." I shook his hand and felt a strong feeling rush through me. "Whoa!" He tilted his head. "I I mean as in whoa your hands are soft! You don't meet a guy with soft hands every day!" Hoya laughed. 

"Well, we should get out of the hall before we get in trouble. I'll... see you around?" 

"Yeah, you're right. Uh, I suppose you will." I walked up the rest of the stairs and turned the corner into the girl's bathroom. 

-Saturday-



My phone vibrated on my desk multiple times which made it fall onto the floor. I grunted and turned over towards it. Luckily for me it was still in one piece. I guess it was time for me to get up anyway. Just lying in bed doing nothing is really lazy, and I’m not lazy. I kicked my feet off my bed and sat up while stretching my arms. I ran my hand though my hair then pushed myself off my bed, walking to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and yawned while pulling my toothbrush out of the holder. I grabbed the toothpaste and put some on my toothbrush. Then I proceeded to brush my teeth, after that I washed my face and urinated. I washed my hands and walked out the bathroom. It was relatively  quiet this morning which didn't happen unless...

I ran down stairs and was hit in the face with a wonderful smell of homemade pancakes, scrambled eggs, and smoked bacon. The smile on my face grew super big. Then I suddenly felt someone's arms around my waist picking me up. 

"Aaah~! Hahah!" I laughed. "L, you're home!" He let me down and I turned towards him and gave a big hug. 

"Of course I am! Don't you smell the wonderful food flooding your senses?" I smirked at him. 

"You didn't make this! Where's mom? She obviously made it!" I looked around calling her name. 

"She's still at work. She had to take a double last night, remember?" He handed me a plate as I sat down on the stool at the island table.

"Oh yeah!" I took a bite from the pancakes. "This is actually pretty good!" He smirked. "Ohh so you think you can cook now?! Heheh!" 

"Of course! So are you going to be home all day being lazy? Or are you going out?" 

"I'm not lazy!" I drunk some of my milk. "I don't know what I'm going to do today, but being lazy is not one of them!" I jumped off my stool and ran upstairs. 

"Wash your plate Hyuna!" He yelled towards me. 

"Hahah! Never!" I closed my door and jumped on my bed. 

I laid out on my bed and rubbed my stomach. That was a nice breakfast! I turned over on my side and reached for my phone that was on the floor. I picked it up and turned back onto my back while I put the code in. I had a 2 text messages and a missed call. One message was from L telling me he was on his way to the house. The other was from Gayoon telling me she gave my number to a boy. I sat up quickly and texted her back. She sent me this text an hour ago and the current time now is 10:36. I texted her back asking her who she sent my number to. Now I was checking that missed call. The number wasn't saved in my contacts. Hm.. I called the number back and it wrong about three times before somebody picked it up. 

"Hello, did somebody from this number call me?"

"Yes! This is Hyuna, right?" 

"Uh... Dongwoo? How did you get my number?"

"I asked Gayoon for it. If that's alright."

"Yeah, I guess. How do you know Gayoon is my friend?"

"Well, we are friends and she takes my chemistry class with me."

"Oh okay. Well is there a reason why you called me earlier?"

"Oh, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today. "

"Hang out where?"

"At the mall or go see a movie. Or you know wherever"

"Dongwoo if I didn't know better I'd think you were asking me out on a date." 

"Whaat! Okay, I am so is that a yes?"

"Hehe, of course. What time?"

"Awesome! Uh, I'll come pick you up around 11:30. The movie starts at 12:15. We can just chill until then." 

"Oh so you just knew I was going to say yes, huh?" 

"Hahah, no. I just hoped you would."

"Mmhm. Okay well, I'll see you at 11:30. Bye."

"Okay, bye."
 

I hung the phone up and saw that Gayoon texted me back. She said Dongwoo. I texted her back and told her that I was going to the movies with him. She quickly texted me back saying that was fast. I shook my head and threw my phone back on the floor as I got off my bed. I walked over to my window and opened it a little to feel the temperature. It was cool weather. I mean it was spring of course. I closed my window and walked over to my closet. 

I pulled open the doors and walked in and flipped the switch to turn the light on. I looked at my skirts and picked the clam colored one with the skinny black belt. Then I got my black crop shirt with my black toms. I walked out of my closet turning of the light then quickly laid out my clothes on my bed. I looked at the outfit and smiled. Then I ran back in my closet grabbing my clam colored cardigan.


522400_609827192364723_880001475_n.jpg



The movies are always cold. I stripped out of my clothes and grabbed my towel and ran into my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and touched my nose. It changed colors kind of a purplish-blackish circle. I humped my shoulders and put my hair in a ponytail. Then I hopped in the shower and washed off. 

When I got out the mirror was covered in condensation. I wiped it with my dry off towel then proceeded to dry myself off. I opened the door and walked in my room to get my phone. It was 11:02. I walked back into the bathroom and finished drying off. Then I opened the drawer and grabbed my lotion. After I finished that I went back into my room and walked over to my dresser. I opened the first drawer and got out the black lacy with the matching black lacy bra. I put my bra on and hooked it in the back. Then I started to pull my up when I noticed someone standing in my door. 

"Where are you going?" L asked. 

"Dongwoo asked me out to the movies. He's coming to pick me up in a little bit." I pulled on my and walked over to my bed. "Why do you ask dear brother?"

"I just wanted to know. Sheesh! I brother can't be worried about his little sister anymore!" He laughed as he came to sit on my bed. 

"Of course you can!" I pulled my skirt up and grabbed my shirt. "But you still want something." I put my arm in shirt and pulled it over my head then I looked at L. "Why are you looking at me like that?" 

I was about to put my hand on his shoulder, but he quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me onto the bed while turning so he was over me. I looked him in the eyes with a sad expression. He dragged his fingers down my cheek and smiled at me. I smiled back as he got off of me and pulled me up. He gave me a big hug and gave me 20 dollars. 

"I know you were going to ask, but I beat you to it!" He laughed. 

"True, but I was only going to ask for 10 dollars not 20." He shook his head. 

"Just keep it Hyuna." He looked at me up and down. "You look nice." He waved to me as he closed my door. 

I sighed and fell back onto my bed. After a couple of minutes of thinking, I finished getting dressed and went to my mirror. I opened my jewelry box that was sitting on top of the dresser and got out my diamond bow earrings with the matching diamond bow necklace. I put them on and closed the box while opening a drawer with my hair accessories. I pulled out my calm colored bow and laid it on the dresser. I looked in the mirror and took my hair out of it's messy ponytail. I grabbed my brush and brushed my hair to the back. Then I shook my hair a little to get it back curly a bit. I placed my bow on my head and smiled at myself. Then I touched my nose and thought about putting makeup on, but decided not to. I humped my shoulders and slipped my toms on and grabbed my cardigan. 

My phone started to ring and I crawled on my bed to get to the other side of the room to answer it. I picked it up and answered it. It was Dongwoo he told me he was outside. I told him that I'd be out in a minute. I grabbed my keys and the 20 dollars and put them in my skirt pocket. I ran down the stairs and yelled out to L that I was leaving. L got out the car and opened the door for me. I smiled at him and he walked back to his side and got in. 

"So where are we going before the movie?" He started his car and drove out of the driveway. 

"Can we go to the book store?" I asked. 

"Sure, I don't see why not." He stopped at the stop sign. 

"Awesome~" I sang out which made him laugh. 

We drove into the parking lot at the book store and I smiled really big. He parked and I quickly got out the car running towards the store. The Dongwoo called out my name making me stop in place. I turned around and saw him running towards me. He caught up to me took my hand in his then intertwined our fingers. My eyes got wider and he smiled at me. I was completely silent then he pulled me along into the store. I shook my head and humped my shoulders. He was about to go in the opposite direction I needed him to go. I pulled him in the right direction making him trip a little. I giggled at him and saw his cheeks tint with a pinkish color. I shook my head again and walked towards the manga section. We were still holding each other's hand as we turned into the manga section. I pulled him along like a little puppy to the story I was reading at the moment. 

"Yes! A new volume! Dongwoo you have to read this manga! This plot is so awesome and the characters have amazing personalities!" I beamed at him. 

"Well, if it's highly recommended by you then I'll read it. How many volumes is it so far?" He asked. 

"27 just came out!" He made a funny face. "Heheh, yeah I know it's kind of long, but it's totally worth it! I swear." I opened the book and started to read. 

Dongwoo picked up a book and started to read it with one hand. Which made me realize that we were still holding hands. I humped my shoulders not thinking much of it. We were facing the book shelf while standing and reading the books. I heard something behind me so I turned around a little and saw him. He was looking at me then he looked towards my hand then back at me. I tilted my head and looked at my hand which was intertwined with Dongwoo's still. I looked back at Hoya and saw him smile at me and start to walk away. I let go of Dongwoo's hand and went after him. 

"Hoya!" He stopped and turned around. "Hey." 

"Hey," He came towards me. "Your nose changed colors." He touched it gently. "Does it hurt?" I shook my head. "Well, that's good. "He started to turn back around, but I grabbed his hand. 

"Hoya," I felt the same feeling I did before wash over me again. "...I, I'll see you around, right?" 

"Yeah, of course." He smiled at me then look passed me. 

I turned around to see Dongwoo standing behind me with a book in his hand. He squinted at me, but I just smiled back. Then I turned back around to see Hoya farther away from me with his back facing me. Dongwoo came up and wrapped his arm waist. 

"Who was that?" He asked as he pulled me back to the manga section. 

"Hoya Lee my..." I looked towards Dongwoo. 

"Your?" 

"My... My best partner." I smiled at Dongwoo. 

"Best partner what does that mean, Hyuna?" He asked. 

"It means that I'm pausing this date. I'm sorry." I dropped my book and ran off in the direction that Hoya walked. 

I ran out of the store and saw Hoya about to get in his car. I yelled out to him and he looked up at me. I smiled at him and he returned the gesture. I ran to him and gave him a big hug. He hugged me back after a second from realizing what I was doing. 

"What's this for?" He asked holding me at my sides. 

What was this for? I don't even know Hoya and yet I'm running after him and hugging him like we're more than friends. I shook my head and sighed. What am I doing? What am I doing?!

"What are you doing, Hyuna?" I mumbled. "Uh, I just wanted to thank you for asking about my nose. I know, I know! I'm weird. Heheh, well I have to go back to my friend. He's waiting on me." I was almost near the door when Hoya yelled out.

"Your friend! Is that all he is?" I turned around and smiled. 

"Yes. That's all." I turned back around and walked back into the book store. 

I apologized to Dongwoo for suddenly leaving him and he forgave me. He didn't ask any questions at all. We went on with our date, but my mind couldn't stop thinking about Hoya. I never stopped thinking about him. Never.