Chapter 1

Fiction

 

“You know, sometimes I wish the things that happen in the fan fictions that I write would happen to me. Not the bad parts but the good parts. Whe-”

“Yah, stop dreaming. Chances for that to ever happen to us is less than 0.01%.”

She has a point.

“But one can dream right? It’s not wrong. And it’s better than nothing! How I wish my life can be as awesome as Jung Hee’s life!”

“Auden, like duh it is not wrong to dream but where can this dream takes you? I mean, it’s not like it can make you pass the exam. And talking about that, we have less than 2 weeks till the finals! Now let’s put our things away and start to put our head in the books shall we?”

I stare at my posters. Put things away? They are not my things! They’re my part of my life! How can I put them away?

“You are no fun..”

“You know what, after the finals end, we can have fun like there’s tomorrow”

“Okay..”

                                                                                 ~~~

 

-RING!!!!!!-

 

 

The bell rings and that means I’m free!! Free from all the stress and annoying text books. And that means, new updates coming for my story!

“YES!! Everything is done! Now let’s have fun shall we Kat? You know, I’ve been dying to try this one thing!!”

“And what is that “thing?”

“Let’s check out the new booth that opened a few weeks ago!”

“You’re not talking bout the creppy creppy fortune telling booth..are you?”

There’s a new fortune telling booth that is set up a few blocks away from our flat. And yes, I’ve been dying to go in there.

“Yes! That booth! Interesting isn’t it?!”

“Auden,I think something has gotten into you. I mean, since when do you fancies these kind of stuff??

“It’s not wrong to try something new. Besides, I still remember you said that we can have all the fun in this world after the exam finishes! Mark your words dear”

“Oh, fine. But make sure this is our first and last trip there.”

Bla Bla Bla~

                                                                                    ~~~

 

It took us only 10 minutes to walk from our flats to the booth. A lot of peoples are lining up to get in.

“Hey Auden, are you sure you’re doing this? Look at the line! And I am sure you don’t want to waste your money here. You don’t even know whether what the fortune teller is telling is true or not!”

“You’ll never know until you try Kat.”

I made her shut after I said that. We get into the line and after half an hour waiting, we finally get our turn.

“This better be worth it. We’ve waited in the line for 30 minutes just for this. You’re unbelievable Auden.”

A girl in her mid-twenties come out from the booth and invites us in. We followed her and it turned out that the creepy looking booth from the outside is actually quite posh looking inside.

“This place looks expensive..”

Says the one who told me that this place looks creepy. I ignore her once and take a seat in front of a lady.

“Invite your friend to have a sit too dear.”

The woman has a very soft yet convincing voice. It’s like the voice contains some power which will make you obey to it. Katherine takes a seat next to me as soon as she hears the woman’s voice.

“So, tell me your full name and birthdate.”

“Auden Lee Eun Soo. 8 October 1994”

“And you?”

She points the question to Kat.

“Me? No no,it’s only her. I’m just a company.”

“Well, since you’re already here, why not try your luck?”

“Okay. Katherine Park So Hee.  2 March 1994”

“Okay, let’s start now shall we? Auden, would you like me to read your card or your palm?”

I have no idea what card is she talking about but I guess it’s the tarot cards? I decided to have her to read my palm.

“My palm please.”

She put my hand on top of her palm and starts to follow the lines on my palm. It’s quite tickle-ish but I hold myself from laughing since she’s looking so serious. I flinch a bit tho.

“Ah..”

I want to reply to her reaction but I decided not to.

“My dear girl, your luck is changing. You see the line here? It’s showing that something good is going to happen soon. Very soon. Just prepare for a big twist in your life.”

I give her a smile.

“And you, card or palm?”

Kat also decided to have the woman to read her palm.

“I’m afraid I can’t tell you what it is dear. It is very.. confusing.”

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing?”

Kat ask the question but the lady gives no respond. I tap her shoulder and give her signals that we should go.

“Oh, very well then, thank you for your time madam.”

I take out a couple of bills from my purse and put it on the table. But the woman refuses to take it.

“It’s too much. I’ll take half of these. I don’t think I should be paid this much for my service. I only tell yours precisely, not you friend’s.”

I take a few bills and put it back in my purse. As soon as we want to step out of the booth, the woman said something that makes me even more confused.

                                                                             ~~~

Since it’s raining and we have nothing to block the rain from reaching to our clothes, we get into a coffee shop.

 “Hey Kat, what do think she means when she asked me to choose carefully?”

“I think she means that you need to choose carefully. Maybe like when you’re deciding between a good Cappuccino and a shot of dangerous Espresso?”

She laughed at her own not-so-funny joke. And something good is going to happen? A twist? I am wondering what it is.