.

why i like you.

 

after the working hours end, Sunggyu decided to went straight to the meeting place that has been planned beforehand, a traditional korean coffee shop where he's going to meet one of his friend, Jang Dongwoo. 

In his pale yellow shirt that he rolled and a black fabric pants, and a plain brown tie, it was obvious that he was working in some corporate office, he took off his tie since he felt uncomfortable with the whole daily-office wear, he prefers to wear on a loose T-shirt and jeans outside the office. 

As he entered the coffee shop that is dominated in an old korean antiques furniture, he saw the man with a funky hair color has been sitting on one of the table. He followed his steps to the man who showed Sunggyu a cheeky smile. 

"YO! Here!" He said cheerfully.

"Shh.. It's a classy place. Be normal for once." Sunggyu pats on Dongwooo's head lightly.

"Long time no see, glad that you finally find a free time to met me!" 

"Of course I would love to meet you, I mean, you're going to fly to US tomorrow morning.. And it's been 2 years since we got separated.." Sunggyu brightly stated. 

"Yeah.. my schedule is kinda hectic ever since I worked there," Dongwoo is a fashion buyer, and he always went to different place all the time as his work requires him to do that. Him and Sunggyu are best friends since high school. To be honest, they don't really have a lot of things in common, Dongwoo and his interest in fashion and Sunggyu with his interest in... doing anything as long as the money is good, which is why he chooses the 11-7 boring finance work, he's kinda ambitious and perfectionist which made him gets a promotion by his boss in a quick period. And now Sunggyu is even able to rent a pretty fancy apartment for himself in his mid-20s and a car. A great achievement for someone who came from a middle class family.

 

Sunggyu phone rings. He checked on the caller's name and hissed, and he turned off the call.

"Who's that?" Dongwoo asked curiously because of Sunggyu's facial expression that gets darkened.

"Him." Sunggyu replied shortly.

"Why don't you answer him? And actually it would be nice if you brought him too! I wanted to see him too! The guy who stole my friend's heart~"

"He would only annoy us with all his behavior, even the call is annoying. I swear."

"But you love him, right right righttttt?" Dongwoo giggles excitedly, as he loves to tease Sunggyu.

"I don't know, I think some creature must've possessed me." Sunggyu helplessly said, "I don't know what did he do that makes me involved in his ."

"It's really cute to see you being all lovey-dovey like this, I really thought that you're going to be single forever. Since all you think is money ever since we know each other.."

"Money is important ! I don't want to bring shame in my family, they put me in a good school and I don't want to be a failure!" Sunggyu reasoned, as usual, the guy always had so many reasons to defends himself.

"But I think he changed you, a lot, you're getting brighter lately, there's this aura around you.. Hard to explain, but you really changed a lot, Gyu." Dongwoo said 

The conversation between the close friends continues for a few hours. They talked about things that happened while they're separated by the distances, most of it are daily random things, Sunggyu didn't like to talk about himself a lot so it was mostly him listening to Dongwoo blurting about his oh-so-exciting-life-in-overseas. 

After they say goodbye to each other. Sunggyu came back to his apartment. 

He stares at his living room after he locked the door back, finding a guy who was sleeping soundly at the sofa. 

"This dumb kid," he mutters lightly, he saw the guy in a deep vneck tshirt and shorts laying there in a very wide legged position. Although he's not that strong, he tried his best to brought Woohyun and drag the guy to the bedroom. But of course Woohyun got awake by the sudden intrusion.

"Sunggyu.. is that you..." he said in a sleepy voice. 

"No. I'm a robber who's going to rob everything from this place. Duh, of course it's me, can you stand now and go sleep on the bed, sleeping in couch is not unacceptable, get it?"

"But I'm waiting for you to come home.."

"I told you I will be late I'm meeting someone,"

"Who??" Woohyun suddenly not feeling sleepy at all after Sunggyu told him about that.

"My friend,"

"Which friend?"

"Not important.."

"But it's important for me, you just got back at 12 midnight for someone, must be someone close..."

"I don't want to waste my precious time for sleeping to talked about this," Sunggyu said as he took off his shirt, and changed it too his favorite loose t-shirt and a training pants, ignoring Woohyun's babbling about the matter.

"Why are you so stubborn." Woohyun followed Sunggyu who is already on the bed, laid his head on Sunggyu's chest. Sunggyu didn't respond still.

"Why am I your boyfriend," Sunggyu sighed.

"Do you want to break up?"

"No. I love you." Sunggyu finally gazed on Woohyun's eyes, an intimidating gaze that makes Woohyun a bit pressured by that. Since ever since they've been together for 6 months, this is the first time Sunggyu said that word, right, to the point, without any case of under the influence of alcohol. 

Sunggyu meets Woohyun at a wedding party, a boring wedding party to be exact. So boring that when he came to the toilet, they kissed inside one of the cubicle, after a short introduction and basic conversation and Sunggyu's complain about the wedding, Woohyun offers himself to make things become more 'excited'. Sunggyu who was kinda drowsy by the amount of soju that he drank (since he's bored and all that he did is drinking) decided to give approval on Woohyun and continue everything in the small space inside the toilet. 

 

They exchanged their number (still in unconscious state), at first Woohyun is the aggresive one who keeps on chasing on Sunggyu, and Sunggyu gets disturbed by Woohyun. But as the time goes, his heart got weakened and he started to give a chance for the guy who was actually only a university student, but the 3 years didn't make everything awkward between them, Woohyun is pretty much a mature guy for his age, and although he hate to admit it, how Woohyun showers him with all of the affection is actually a moodbooster thing for Sunggyu, secretly. After all of his busy work and all, he realized that all he needs is Woohyun bothering him in his loveable way.

 

There's a long pause of them while they're just having their time on gazing on each other's eyes.

Until Woohyun finally speak.

"No. I love you more. I waited for you everyday, I make breakfast and cook for you everyday," Woohyun said in a serious tone.

Sunggyu clicked his tongue in disapproval, "What the hell," he hits on Woohyun's head, there's always Sunggyu with his own habit of hitting's people's head everytime he find someone talked about something stupid or non-sense. The endless bickering that they had everyday is like a normal thing that they had in their relationship, but Sunggyu knows that Woohyun has never been serious about everything and he also never take him seriously too.

"What did you do to make become like this, Woohyun-ah?" Sunggyu moves closer to close on the gap between his neck and Woohyun's head, he wrapped his hand on Woohyun's waist, and pouted playfully to the younger guy.

"I need you to say something romantic for me, Kim Sunggyu, or I'm leaving you now, I know that you're older than me but the pout won't work this time." Woohyun said, he started to sound upset by Sunggyu.

"What do you want? I just said that word finally and now you're expecting something more,"

"This is why people started to breaking up, the relationship is not as sweet as the early flirting stage, " Woohyun demanded, "I remember when you put on all the lightbulbs on your rooftop and that's like the only amazing thing that you've ever done for me and then that's all, you're back to your old lazy form again."

"You should appreciate that, I don't always do that thing,"

"But you only did that when you wanted to make everything official between us when you asked me to stay with you."

"If I did everything everyday it would be boring and predictable,"Sunggyu put on a reason again.

"Urgh, you're so annoying."

"So are we breaking up now?"

"NO. If we break up now I had to packed and stuff and get emotional and teared up and it would be hard for me to handle such drama, I might as well sleep right now than arguing with you. After all I got a morning class tomorrow."

"Good explanation,"

"But don't forget, I love you more than you love me."

Sunggyu laughs on Woohyun's statement, "I think I'm going crazy because of you. Can we just sleep now and continue this bickering tomorrow? We still have breakfast time where you can sit and complains again,"

"Agree," Woohyun said, as he placed his lips on Sunggyu's lips, it was a very soft and tender kiss, short but not that rushed too. A good night kiss that Sunggyu always had everyday, but he never gets bored by it although Woohyun always did the same thing everyday, it always feels like a new thing for Sunggyu.

 

He remembered again his own question about why he likes this guy who already closed his eyes and continue to sleep again. There's no logical explanation about that, all that Sunggyu knows is that there are butterflies in his stomach and the pace of his heartbeat answers everything. 

 

And now he would rather come to the dream land rather than overthink about that.