Chapter 1

Sun and Moon

A/N: Bear with me. This starter is pretty crap but I promise it'll get better.

 

Hyejin gave a sigh of relief. It was painful living with Song Jihyo; the woman just didn't know how to shut up. And she was always happy, even singing while cooking. It irritated Hyejin to no end. She sighed again. After her mother had fallen into a coma, this woman had appeared and told her that she was now her guardian. It wasn't until Jihyo showed her paper documents that she believed her. So that was how she came to live with the crazy woman.

 Hyejin jumped backwards in surprise when a sports car and a motorike suddenly stopped abruptly in front of her. The car window rolled down revealing her friends, Eli who was sat behind the steering wheel smirking up at her, with Sulli in the passenger seat looking like she was about to puke at any moment.

 "Morning idiot."Eli greeted with a wink.

 Hyejin made wretching noises, bent down and flicked Eli's forehead.

 "Who are you calling idiot?"Hyejin said,"Seeing your face in the morning makes me sick."

 Eli pouted, and clutched the material over his heart, feigning hurt.

 "You're so mean Hyejin."

 She just grinned at him and greeted Sulli who gave her a small smile and a wave. Hyejin stood straight again and turned to the guy on the motorbike, just behind Eli's car. She smiled widely when Joon took off his helmet and returned her smile.

 "Come on, you don't want to be late on your first day at Ilhwa."Joon called.

 Hyejin happily walked over to her bestfriend and stopped before him. Joon grinned and put his helmet on her head. Hyejin got on the motoorbike behind Joon and tightly held onto him. She didn't voice it out, but Hyejin was dreading this transfer to Ilhwa High. Why? Well she was scared people would recognise her and immediately shun her. And after all, she did attend Ilhwa's rival school before.

 Hyejin was so caught up in her thoughts that she had not realised that they had stopped and were already at the school. Joon looked over his shoulder at his bestfriend and found her staring at a space, obviously in a daze. He chuckled quietly.

 "Hyejin."he said.

 Her head mmediately snapped up to look at Joon.

 "Yeah? What's up?"

 "We're here. You can let go of me now."

 Hyejin looked around her and found everyhing to be quite still. Joon laughed out loud this time as Hyejin took her arms from around his body. Joon got off the bike and helped Hyejin off before taking the helmet from her head.

 "What were you thinking about that you were so dazed?"he asked as the two began walking.

 "It's nothing-"

 "We've known each other for 18 years, I think I know when something's bothering you."he said pointedly.

 Hyejin smiled. He was right; they had known each other so long that they could basically communicate telepathically. She sighed as she remembered her worries.

 "What if people recognise me Joon? They'll definitely hate me..."

 "Stop that. No they won't."he said,"If ever people here do something bad to you, you definitely have to tell me okay?"

 Hyejin nodded and the two continued to walk in silence for a short while until they were joined by the ever so noisy Eli and Sulli. As the other three talked, Hyejin looked at her surroundings, eyes wide with awe. They had not been kidding when they had told her that the school grounds were large and beautiful. The main building was grand, it had quite an English look to it, while the other buildings were were very modern. The grounds were just as pretty; every tree and bush were well trimmed and there was no litter in sight.

 "Hey, are you guys sure this is a school?"Hyejin asked still in awe.

 Eli laughed and said,"Ofcourse. It must be amazing compared to that trash of a school you went to."

 Sulli hit Eli's arm as Joon elbowed him in the tomach, both glaring at him. They knew Hyejin didn't like being reminded of her previous school because of the events that took place the year before. Hyejin just smiled.

 "It's alright guys... It is rather different to my old school... No wonder everyone there hated this place."she said, then grinned at them,"I'm glad I'm here; I can finally be with my bestfriends!"

 Hyejin and Sulli held hands and Eli threw his arm around Hyejin and Joon's shoulders. Anyone who saw them could tell they were all very close. Hyejin suddenly became aware of the pointing and talking around them.

 "Wah! Joon oppa looks hot today too!"

 "They're so cool!"

 "Look at Eli, he's super y!"

 "Oh my god, Joon and Eli are so handsome! Sulli's pretty today too... But who's that other girl?"

 "Who is she... How dare she touch my Eli!"

 Hyejin shuddered; these girls sounded scary. She wasn't even touching Eli, he was the one that had an arm around her shoulders! She looked at her friends and rolled her eyes when she saw Eli smiling and winking at a bunch of girls who looked like they were about to faint; Joon seemed to be ignoring his surroundings while Sulli was smiling kindly at the people they were passing.

 "Ignore what they're saying."Sulli whispered,"The girls are obsessed with Joon and Eli."

 "I can see that."she replied,"Aren't they being a bit possessive?"

 "This is nothing... Wait till you see the jjang and his group. The girls practically drop at their feet."

 "The jjang?"Hyejin asked,"I've heard a lot about the jjang. Apparently he's a crazy bastard?"

 Sulli pulled a panicked expression and said,"Shh! Don't let anyone hear you say that. They all look up to him and will do horrible stuff to those who badmouth him."

 "He has that much control?"

 Sulli nodded. Hyejin turned away from her friend and continued walking in silence, blocking out the crazy squeals and greetings to Joon, Eli and Sulli.

 

 After visiting the teachers office, Sulli and Hyejin began walking to class together.

 "How's auntie doing?"Sulli asked.

 Hyejin sighed and said,"The same as the last time I visited her... What about Kai?"

 "Eli and I visited him yesterday evening... I talked to him for a while... His hand moved a little."

 Hyejin's head snapped up and stared at Sulli who gave her a comforting smile.

 "I'm sure Kai will be with us again soon Hyejin."

 "But... Do you... Do you think he'll ever f-forgive me?"

 Sulli gave her hand a squeeze and said,"You have to stop thinking that it was your fault-"

 "But it was... It was all my fault... It's my fault Kai's like that now."

 "Stop blaming yourself! Stop it Hyejin. You know Kai wouldn't have wanted you to do that."

 "I can't help it... If I hadn't called him..."

 Sulli stopped abruptly and grabbed Hyejin's shoulders, turning Hyejin to face her.

 "Stop! We're not arguing about this here okay?"

 "Alright, alright."Hyejin sighed.

 "Come on, I'll introduce you to our classmates since the teacher asked me to."

 Hyejin then continued to follow Sulli until they reached a classroom. Inside it was noisy with people chatting, laughing and gossiping. Sulli called for attention and almost immediately, everyone silenced. Hyejin stared at her friend in amazement. Just how much power did her friends have in this school.

 "We have a new student today. This is Ryu Hyejin; she's actually quite a good friend of mine so I hope you all treat her well."Sulli said.

 "Wah, so you were friends! Then you must be close friends with Joon and Eli too right?"one girl said to Hyejin.

 Hyejin laughed awkwardly and nodded. Everyone began shouting out questions to Hyejin but were silenced when Sulli yelled for them to shut up and let her be. They all returned to their usual while Sulli started looking around the classroom.

 "What are you searching for?"Hyejin asked.

 "A seat for you..."

 "Where do you sit?"

 Sulli pointed to a seat near the back, beside the windows. Hyejin started walking towards the back and placed her bag down on the seat behind Sulli's. She sat down and looked out the window. It was such a beautiful day, there was not a single cloud in the sky; Hyejin smiled, deciding it that she would visit her mother at the hospital after school. Maybe the guys could go with her.

 "Hey, Sull..."

 When she turned around to face Sulli, she found her friend to be staring at her with almost a scared expression. What was wrong with her? She was suddenly aware that the noise in the room had completely turned into silence. They were staring at her with wide eyes, some like Sulli, looked quite scared while others had pitying expressions. What was up with them all?

 The classroom door suddenly banged open and everyone's head snapped up to the group standing in the doorway. Hyejin's eyes surveyed the guys standing there, then fixed her eyes on the guy standing at the front. Her eyes widened; this guy was surely a son of Aphrodite. He was tall, handsome, and had a cold aura. He strode inside the room followed by two other guys, the other guys turned and left.

 "You... What are you doing in my seat?"

 He stood several feet away, looking straight at Hyejin.

 "If you don't want to die, get up now."

 Hyejin frowned and thought, 'what a rude jerk. No manners at all.'

 "Who are you to order me about?"Hyejin retorted.

 Hyejin heard several poeple gasp. She glanced at Sulli who really did look scared now. Why were they all being like this? She looked back up to the guy who cursed and kicked over an empty desk. He turned his cold glare on Hyejin who shuddered.

 "Hy-Hyejin-ah... Just, get ou-out of his seat."Sulli stuttered.

 She turned to the guy and bowed and tried to get Hyejin out of the seat. When he saw that Hyejin wouldn't move, he smirked.

 "You're really asking to die?"

 "P-please excuse her, she just transferred..."Sulli said."She doesn't know what she's doing."

 Then it hit Hyejin... This guy must only be the jjang that everyone adored.

 "So you're the crazy bastard that runs this place."

 Even more gasps erupted from the students inside the room. The jjang's friends lanced at one another and turned their shocked expressions back to Hyejin. Hyejin stood up and crossed her arms, facing the jjang who had a deadly look on his face. He smirked.

 "Everyone listen up!"he shouted,"You can't be friends with this ... If you become friends with her then... It's your problem."

 "How childish."Hyejin retorted.

 "Hyejin, quit it!"Sulli hissed,"You're digging yourself a deeper hole."

 "But-"

 The jjang strode forward, ganged his fist into the table and leaned down to Hyejin's face with a smirk still plastered on his face.

 "Bang Yongguk... Remember my name."he whispered.

 

A/N: TT_TT This dragged... I'm so pissed with myself :( I know this chapter was a start but it'll have to do for now; sorry guys. I'm sorry if there are mistakes and stuff, it's 3:20am and I always mess up my writing when I stay up. Again, I'm sorry for the ty start :(

 If you liked it, if you hated it, Review please^^