one-shot

Revenge

 


“Damn it, it’s hot here!” – Yongguk cursed.
He sat on the sidewalk. It wasn’t much later than 1pm.

“Too hot…” – Jieun agreed, sitting by his side.
“Told you to fill in the tank…” – she mumbled.

“Are you saying it is my fault?” – he snapped, looking at her. His voice way too controlled.

Jieun didn’t answer.
She didn’t have to. The way se looked at Yongguk said it all.

He rolled his eyes.
“Why don’t we turn the ac on?”

Jieun laughed sarcastically.
“Everybody knows you need gas to turn the air conditioning on”

Yongguk was getting mad… But it’s fine, Jieun. Revenge is sweet.


“Damn it…” – He mumbled, taking his shirt off. He was sweating…

“It’s too hot…” – Jieun agreed, taking her shirt off.

They were in the middle of nowhere waiting for the wrecker.
Yongguk was shirtless. His hair all messed up in a weird mohawk ; Jieun had a blue sport bra on. Her hair up in a bun.

She closed her eyes for a minute, trying to imagine rain, a river, ice… a strange noise interrupted her thoughts though.
A bottle… being opened.

“You had water?!” – she questioned. Yongguk drinking from the bottle – “You had water all this time?!” – she was shocked!

“Didn’t you bring yours?” – he asked, taking another gulp. Revenge is sweet… no, revenge is cool. Cool like water.

Jieun couldn’t believe it. How could she forget to bring water, and worse, how could Yongguk drink it so mercilessly?! He hadn’t even offered her some!

“Gimme me a gulp…” – Jieun spoke, stretching her arm to reach for the bottle, still on Yongguk’s hands.

“Na-na!” – he said, pulling the bottle far from Jieun’s hands. – “You should have brought yours…” – he smiled. Revenge is cool…

“You brat… just give me a gulp.” – Jieun spoke, trying to reach for the bottle.
Both still sitting.

“Wait, wait…” – Yongguk spoke serious, standing up. Had he heard the wrecker?

“What?” – Jieun asked, standing as well. Hope in her voice.

Yongguk smiled mischievously.
“Nothing, I was just thirsty” – he laughed before taking another gulp.

Jieun was hot… she was thirsty… she was mad.
That tiny drop of water she had seen escaping from Yongguk’s lips, that one that had slipped through his chin, dropped on his chest, slipping way too slowly into his shorts… that had meant nothing!
Wait, is that so? Why was she staring?

“What are you looking at?” – Yongguk questioned, covering his chest with his shirt.

“You know… you’re hot, Yongguk…” – Jieun spoke, taking a step forward.

“Of course I am, it’s 30 Celsius here!” – he replied, holding his shirt tight on his chest.

“You know what I mean…” – Jieun whispered on his ear – “You’re very hot…”

“I…I don’t know what you’re talking about…” – Yongguk stuttered. He was paralyzed. Jieun was too close...

“I’m thirsty…” - she whispered again. Her voice was sensual for Yongguk’s ear. She could have said “I’m a chubby bunny”, and he would still have thought that to be sensual. The way she spoke it was just… wow.

“You…You-you can drink it… I-I-I was just kidding…” – he stuttered.
Jieun was so close he wouldn’t even dare to look at her. He just stared at the horizon, seeing nothing. His shirt on the left hand, the water bottle on the right.

“I wanna taste it from your lips…” – Jieun whispered, and he lost his mind. Couldn’t she wait until they got somewhere? I mean, in the middle of a desert street… that’s not the right moment to have… desires…

He opened his mouth to speak, but Jieun was faster.
“You’re hot…”- she teased – “…so hot, it gives me a heat…that kind of heat…”

She placed a hand on his shorts, playing with its elastic, and the other on his face. Yongguk closed his eyes instantly. Jieun would taste the water’s coolness on his lips...

A nanosecond, two…

“Gukie… you’ll be wet…” she whispered.

“What…”

 

“YAH!” – he shouted – “Why did you do it?!”

Jieun just laughed out loud. A bottle of water on her hands.

“You had water?!” – Yongguk shouted, shocked. He had a hand on his shorts, trying to twist the fabric, to get rid of the water in it.
Jieun had poured almost a whole water bottle into his shorts. Cold water.

“Duh! Of course I had!” – Jieun kept on laughing, poking her own head – "Revenge is sweet, Yongguk! I told you to fill in the tank!”

“You…” – Yongguk he mumbled.

“Com’on, at least I cooled things down for you” – Jieun still laughed – “In all senses!”


When Yongguk sat on the sidewalk again, with a mad face, Jieun couldn’t just miss that opportunity.
She stopped laughing and sat by his side..
Took a gulp from her water bottle and smiled mischievously.

“Gukie… you know, I’m hot... and you’re wet!”


Just wait, Song Jieun… revenge is sweet…