I'm in Red [1/2]

Strawberry Dulcet
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I'm in Red

 

~ ❦  ❦  ❦ ~

 

 

 

Sweet at times when you’re lucky but sour when impatient.

 

 

Eating strawberries is like playing a game of Russian roulette.

 

You usually have to inspect the outside first, and depending on the colour you should be able to tell whether it’s ripe or not. But even if you do check the readiness with the colour, it could still be sour and unpleasant to the mouth senses.

 

One wrong move and you could get the kick out of your senses.

 

Pick the ‘bad’ ones and you could end with scrunching up your face in displeasure. Curling your hands and toes, writhing in exaggerated agony as your tongue suffers horribly from the sickeningly sour attack.

 

It’s funny how choosing the wrong one, or making any small mistake in general, can make you feel like regretting every little silly decision you’ve ever made in your life.

 

Like the time you thought it would be fun to wear a low-cut white tee and illegally too short shorts (with a wig as well) and enter a pageant to which he won as well. Cause it seemed like a good idea at the time. For some reason.

 

Or the (one?) time when it seemed that flicking a light-switch on and off, while convulsing around madly like you were possessed by a demon, was a better thing to do than anything else that night.

 

A very colourful life indeed.

 

Baekhyun has been known for being a pretty picky eater.

 

The way he likes to put it though is that he’s just ‘particular’ about his taste. And that he’d rather spend more time eating the things he likes, and not have to waste it with what he doesn’t like. Baekhyun finds it pointless to try something if he’s just the slightest bit iffy on it.

 

The colour is weird.

 

I can’t stand the smell.

 

It looks icky.

 

Everyone is allowed to have his or her own preferences right?

 

You will never, for the life of anyone, be able to make Byun Baekhyun eat broccoli.

 

Not a single stalk of it.

 

Along with that detestable vegetable, there are a lot of things he dislikes and would prefer that they disappear from the face of the earth.

 

But amazingly, there are things he likes especially and would never get sick of. Eating them everyday, and unlike most, he can’t find the mind to set them aside or tire of them for even a moment.

 

Baekhyun could eat his favourite dish everyday and wait eagerly for the next one. There isn’t that many people who could do that!

 

For example, one thing that he’s exceptionally fond of:

 

‘Strawberries~’

 

The brunette sets down the plastic bowel on the small table in his room, delightfully sitting down. His eyes never leaving the red goodness, the handle of the similarly coloured plastic fork bit in between his pink lips.

 

He doesn’t mind at all that there are more chances in getting a sour one rather than a sweet one. Strangely, he endures it.

 

It should be brought to mind that Baekhyun isn’t really a person will a whole lot of patience. Saying that he’ll just cry if the next EXO album doesn’t come out soon.

 

If it were anything else, all the other things he wouldn’t stand touch, Baekhyun would send it straight away (into the trashcan).

 

The dark-coloured ones are the ones he likes best. They’re still sour, but they have a nice tinge of sweetness with them. A satisfying firm crunch from the first bite.

 

With strawberries, there are endless combinations and methods of which to cook and eat them. Cheese cakes, short cakes (!), biscuits, muffins, the possibilities are endless!

 

That’s what Baekhyun loves. He could go on forever and it’ll just keep getting better.

 

The countless nights Baekhyun’s spent thinking of the many more possible combinations he isn’t yet aware of. Searching them up or watching the cooking channel for dubious amounts of time, like they were his air. Continuously clicking or turning the next page, it’s all too addicting these days, as his addiction goes overboard.

 

At some times, his room will even be littered with various magazines and chef books, that all claim to teach how to make the best crumble in the world.

 

When it’s the right season, making strawberry jam is always fun. Eating them normally is good enough but with melted chocolate it-

 

‘ByunBaek!’

 

His head registers the deep voice coming from behind him, calling out his childhood nickname and breaking him out of his bizarre trance.

 

He turns around to meet the face that has become more familiar than his own. Looking at it as naturally as he does with the mirror every morning.

 

Ruffled blonde hair, messy and fluffed from rolling around the bed more than he should. Large unceasing charcoal eyes and an overly handsome pout directed at him.

 

‘You’re not listening to me at all…’ the deep voice whines at him.

 

Baekhyun bites on the tip of the fork still based in his mouth as he swallows, appearing oblivious to the other’s allegations. He can’t help being way too distracted at the current time.

 

The curve of his back arches prettily as he gives a side profile of his impish face. Much like it did on a daily basis, the view of his waif-like figure ever so (not) subtly sneaks up on the eye.

 

‘Hmm?’ he sits and asks casually.

 

The younger male evidently isn’t so ingenious as he allows himself to be affected. Being swept away by the brunette in the on-coming seconds, he remains speechless.

 

Only staring back at him, he looks like he wants to say something. Yet while he bites the inside of his cheek, he hesitates.

 

‘Chanyeol?’ Baekhyun murmurs and his head, nibbling on the corner of one of the fork spikes. Languidly observing his uncharacteristic timidity.

Please log in to read the full chapter