The text message.

Under My Skin

 

‘You can’t escape. I’ve got you – under my skin.’

 

‘This isn’t love. You need to leave him. He’s no good for you. He’s only going to break your heart.’

 

Hankyung had heard the words over and over, but had he listened? No. He sighed as he looked at the clock on his bed side table that read 2:53 AM in neon blue. He would be spending another night alone in the apartment he shared with his lover. He rolled over, knowing he should leave but that he wouldn’t. No matter how many times he was hurt, he couldn’t bring himself to leave.

 

‘I’m breakin’ my rules again; you know it’s getting boring.
Even if you’re hurt a bit, it’s okay.’

 

He was almost asleep when he heard the front door open. He sat up immediately, hearing the quiet shuffling of his lover in the living room as he threw the blanket off of himself and stood. His heart was racing as he opened the door to their bedroom and stepped into the dimly lit living room. His breath caught in his throat as he met his lover’s eyes.

 

“Heechul.” He said finally as Heechul straightened and smiled warmly at him. That smile sent his heart racing a mile a minute in his chest. It didn’t matter that he had seen that smile almost every day for four years. It didn’t matter that that smile normally came with an ‘I’m sorry, Hannie.’ All that mattered was that Kim Heechul was smiling at him, gorgeous dark eyes shining in the light from the small lamp next to the couch.

 

‘The piercing stare that burrows into your head,’

 

“I woke you up again didn’t I? I’m sorry, Hannie.” His voice was soft as he made his way over to the younger man, causing a smile to grace the Chinese man’s features.

 

“You didn’t. I was having trouble sleeping tonight.” Heechul brushed Hankyung’s bangs from his face, scowling slightly before he pulled the younger man into a hug. Hankyung in turn buried his face in the elder’s hair, trying to ignore the fact that Heechul smelled like cigarettes and hotel shampoo and just enjoy the feeling of Heechul’s arms wrapped securely around him. Heechul’s lips ghosted over Hankyung’s cheek before tailing down his neck, the soft kisses making Hankyung hold his lover tighter against him.

 

He lifted a hand to Heechul’s cheek, pulling the older man’s lips away from his neck so he could kiss him. It didn’t take long for the once-innocent kiss to heat up, Heechul’s slender fingers in Hankyung’s hair; Hankyung’s hands roaming the older man’s body before coming to rest on his rear. From there things had gotten hazy, both of their minds clouding with lust as Hankyung lifted Heechul and carried him into their room.

 

‘You want me. You’ve fallen for me. You’re crazy over me.’

 

Both men woke up early the next morning to the blaring sounds of their alarm clock, signaling that it was time for them both to get ready for work. Hankyung’s arms tightened around Heechul’s waist when the elder went to get up, pulling him back up against Hankyung’s chest. Heechul chuckled, twisting in Hankyung’s grasp to kiss the younger sweetly.

 

“We can’t stay in bed all day, Hannie, no matter how much I’d like to.” Hankyung sighed, kissing Heechul again before releasing his hold and letting the long haired man stand up. “Do you want to shower first or should I?”

 

“Go ahead and shower. I took one last night.” Hankyung said, earning a dazzling smile from his lover before Heechul had left to shower. Hankyung lied in bed for at least ten minutes before he got up and dressed. He was about to walk out of the room when he noticed Heechul’s phone laying on the floor next to his discarded pants, blue light blinking in the corner signaling he had a text message. Hankyung picked up the phone, sliding his finger across the screen and entering the four digit code Heechul had never once changed to see the text message that had been waiting for Heechul.

 

‘Had a lot of fun last night Heenim. Make sure to come by and see me again sometime.;)’ Hankyung’s heart clenched as he read the text, angry tears blurring his vision momentarily before he threw the phone onto the bed and reached into the closet, grabbing the small suitcase he kept for packing to visit his parents and setting it on the bed.

 

He didn’t pay attention to what he grabbed, throwing his clothes in the bag without a second glance to their state of disarray. He zipped the suitcase and set it on the floor before walking out of the room, preparing to tell Heechul once and for all that he was done and he was leaving. He stopped short when Heechul came out of the bathroom dressed in his usual work attire, a fluffy red towel wrapped around his shoulders to keep his wet hair from his shirt.

 

“Hannie~” Heechul sang happily, smiling brightly at his lover, oblivious to the anger, sadness, and jealousy residing in the Chinese man. “Would you make me breakfast? Pretty please?” Hankyung shook his head, determined not to be swayed by Heechul’s smile, no matter how much he loved said smile.

 

“No, Heechul. I’m leaving.” Heechul frowned, finally seeming to notice Hankyung’s emotional state.

 

“What do you mean you’re leaving, Hannie?” Hankyung scoffed slightly.

 

“I mean I’m leaving. I’m done. I’m not going to stay here and be toyed with any more, Heechul! I’m tired of it! I’m leaving!” Heechul sighed before striding forward to wrap his arms around Hankyung. Hankyung’s hands came up to push at Heechul’s shoulders, trying to free himself from the elder’s grasp. Heechul clung to him tighter, wet hair sticking to Hankyung’s cheek.

 

“I’m sorry, Hannie.” Hankyung shook his head again.

 

“No, Heechul. I’m not doing this again. No more.” Heechul’s fingers fisted in the shirt material over Hankyung’s shoulders as he hugged the younger man with all he had.

 

“I’m sorry, Hannie.” He said again, kissing Hankyung’s neck softly in between each word. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” Hankyung shook with the effort it took to not hug Heechul back in that moment. He couldn’t do that; he couldn’t give in this time. He had to leave. He had to go back to the room- “I’m sorry, Hannie.” He had to get his suitcase- “So, so sorry.” He had to walk downstairs and get in his car- “I love you.” He had to kiss Heechul.

 

And he did just that, hand cupping Heechul’s cheek and turning the elder’s face towards his. The text message was forgotten as Heechul’s mouth moved against his. How could he leave this man? This man that he loved so much and who loved him back? It was just a mistake, he told himself as they drove to work, everyone makes a mistake or two. Hankyung nodded to himself at that as he kissed Heechul goodbye, the elder stepping out of the car and making his way towards his building.

 

“I’ll give you one more chance, Chullie. If you make one more mistake, I’m gone.” He said to himself before getting out of the car and following Heechul. He knew in his heart how false the words were though; knew that he would never leave Heechul. Because it wasn’t the first time he had seen the text messages, the missed calls, the emails. And it wasn’t the last.

 

‘You want me. You’ve fallen for me. You’re crazy over me.

You can’t escape. I’ve got you – under my skin.

 

You want me. You’ve fallen for me. You’re crazy over me.

You’re my slave, I’ve got you under my skin’

 

-sobs- They're my second favorite OTP, how could I do this to them?! T.T 
Anyway, that's it, hope you enjoyed! how could anyone enjoy this heart break?