- Contact -

100 Days... [One Shot]

 

I'm inside of Chaerin's room like every night, since I died... watching over her as I'm sitting in the edge of her bed. I can hear her sobs. She's crying again, maybe inside her dreams too.

 

I don't know how I can help her. I'm completely new in this kind of situation... I don't know what I should do! I tried to talk with her before, but as always, she can't hear me or see me.

 

I walk closer and I kneel in front of her as I try to move away her beautiful blond hair from her face. But I can't, seems like my fingers traverse her hair.

 

This is so painful. Although I'm a ghost, I can feel the pain inside my chest watching her like this. Her pillow is very wet because of her tears.

 

I slide my right hand to caress gently her face, wiping her tears with my forefinger. I turn around my hand looking at my finger but it's dried making me sigh frustratedly.

 

I'm watching carefully her face, If I could get inside her mind, would be great.... but I guess that's just impossible right? But what if I try it?

With slow movement I slide a hand covering her forehead while I close my eyes. Some seconds later, all of sudden I hold my breath as I feel being dragged to somewhere.

 

Feeling myself weird about what just happened right now, I protect my face from the strong light in front of me.

 

"Where I am?" I say to myself looking around as my eyes are adapting themselves at the environment. Everything is so white around me. I walk without knowing where I'm heading.

 

Little by little while I'm walking, all around me dissipates slowly. Letting me see a big cliff with an amazing waterfall falling side to side of the giant hole, and... oh! "Chaerin-ah?" My eyes stopped at the so familiar blond haired girl sitting aside of the cliff. Yje sound of the water falling it's really strong.

She turns around when she heard my voice despite the noise and her jaw dropped down. "Huul!" Quickly she stood up and started walking closer as she splashes the water around her shoes after every step she does.

 

I give her a sweet smile.

 

She stopped for some seconds. She is checking me because the intense light makes my face can't be seen easily.

I step forward. She widened her eyes and put her right hand against . "D-Dara... oh my god oh my god!" she burst into cry as she confirmed it was me.

 

She runs to me and hugs me tightly crying with her head above my shoulder.

Ah... my beautiful Chae. I rub her back slowly trying to calm her down.

"Dara, I can't believe it... you're here for real, in my dream!!" she hugs me tighter and I smile again before pecking on her head.

"Yes my little girl... I was really worried about you. I tried to have contact with you. Seems like I did it, finally." I whisper in her ear. She sobs at response while she nods.

 

"Chae, I saw you crying every night since I....uhm.." I stop. I can't say the word. She loosens her arms and I cup her face. "Chaerin-ah... please don't cry... breaks my heart seeing you like this. I'm here.." I say sadly. I bit my lower lip trying to hold my tears too. Her face is full of sadness.

 

"How do you k-know that I cried? If you're...." she says as she grabs my hands weakly.

 

"Come, let's go to another place first, then I'll tell you" I interlock our fingers. Suddenly in my mind appeared one scene. She and I used to interlock our fingers many times when we were little.... I wide my smile. What a sweet memory. I clean her tears softly with my sleeves.

 

We walk far from the cliff. I don't want her to fall inside... NO WAY!

 

Hand by hand, I look around us.

"Wow, I think you're feeling better right Chaerin-ah?" I ask as I see a beautiful green field with white flowers moving softly because of the soft breeze. I turn around to see the cliff, but like it was magic, it disappeared and it's no longer there.

Only this precious huge green field around us. "Yeah.. I think it's because you're here now.. I missed you so much... you can't imagine how I missed you..." she hugs me again.

 

As she puts her head on my shoulder, I hug her pecking her head one more time.

"Dara... I still can't believe you're really here... I missed your voice, your laugh..your... jokes... I don't want to wake up from this dream... stay with me, I really missed you so damn, damn much..." her eyes filling with tears again.

I never stop caressing her back. "I know. Don't worry anymore... I'll stay here with you Chaerin-ah. Good... let it go Baby - Rin." I say softly wipping her eyes. She nods while she's sobbing and lets out a cracked sigh. I wrap her shoulders with my arms as I rest my chin beside her head.

 

We spent our time like this, in this position. Maybe have passed what, 10 minutes? 30? I don't really know.

Until I heard her breathing calmly. She's no longer cring.

Looking at me with a smile as she lifted her head, I can see her bright eyes. She puts her hands on mine. I caress her fingers as I begin to talk about what happened to me, after I.....
 

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Dara, why are you taking so long to go out from the shower? Are you okay?" asks Chaerin coming closer to the bathroom. Dara didn't answer.

 

"Dara...? OMO!" Chaerin yelled with shocked expression when she saw Dara motionless inside the tub. Her eyes widened as she run so fast as she can, dragging out Dara's body with her arms. She didn't care about seeing her ness.

"Dara! Talk to me! What happened?" but Dara's face was expressionless. Lifeless. That's when she saw it, trail of blood on the edge of the tub.

 

"God, god! Please.. don't! Dara!" she yells and starts to cry as she turns around gently Dara's body. She saw a deep wound in her head, bleeding abundantly, falling to her nape and neck. Chaerin moves her body back and forth on the floor into her arms full of tears. "Dara... Dara.... Dara..."

 

Dara saw that intense scene in front of her, standing right in front of there close to her own body while watching Chaerin crying like she never saw her doing it before.

"Chaerin-ah..." that was all what she could say. Dara clenches her left fist against her chest as she felt her tears flowing down.

 

Suddenly someone extended a white hand making Dara lift her head. "Come with me, we have to go." said a man politely with warm voice. Dara widened her eyes as she saw the man dressed completely with white clothes. "W-what are you?" she asks hesitantly.

 

"I'm your guardian angel" he answers smiling. Dara look at him and returns her eyes on Chaerin as the blonde haired girl keeps crying.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes, I am. I've come to take you with me."

 

Dara frowns slightly feeling that she's not ready to leave that fast.

"I'm sorry... I can't leave her... I want to stay here with her." says Dara with teary eyes as she stares her hand when she touched her own head trying to find blood behind her. She moves her eyes on Chaerin again, watching her wet and red face, making her sob a little bit.

 

The man frowns lightly. "You can't stay here anymore. Your time ended in this world. Your friend will have to move on..." the guardian angel extending his hand again.

 

"Come on."

 

Dara look up and says shyly as tears are flowing down: "Wait.. can we make a deal?" she asks.

 

"What kind of deal?"

 

"I'm not ready to leave.. not yet. Can I stay here some days...? Maybe 100.. or 60?" her question making the white man leaning back with shocked face.

 

"You call this 'some days'? Despite the time here doesn't exist but when someone dies has to leave  beside its guardian angel. It's always like this." he answers.

 

"Come on please... I don't know if there are others like you but if it's a yes, then they would agree with my suggestion. It's too fast for me. I'm seriously not ready at all to leave yet. Please? I really can't leave." Dara begs with her eyes and her face.

 

The man thinks about it for a while and some seconds later he takes a decision. "Okay... I'll give you 100 days. Then I'll come back." he says.

 

Dara smiles widely.

 

"Thank you very much! You're cool my guardian angel!" she says excitedly while a tear falls from her eyes. She wipes it quickly.

The man smiles and says: "Goodbye. I'll see you then on 3 of june." softly, he disappears between the lights.

 

Once he's gone, Dara's head turns slowly at the Chaerin as her smile fades away slowly while kneeling close to her.

"Chaerin..."

 

Trying to caress her cheek, her fingers traversed her face making her gasp before moving away her hand due of the surprise.

 

--

 

Chaerin's mouth slightly more when I ended explaining my experience. "Wow..." she says shocked. I hug her tightly more than before.

 

"I just want to see you smile Chaerin-ah... while I'm here with you. I'm going to appear inside your dreams every night." I whisper in her ear.

 

She breaks the hug quickly. "Reallyyy? Ahh yess!!!" she hugs me again totally excited without waiting to hear my answer and we fall backwards to the soft green grass making fly some petal flowers around us. I laugh because of her action.

She in top of me. She stares at me some moments and later she puts her head against my chest without removing her smile. "I'll be able to see you every night... daebak." With a big smile in my face, I hug her sweetly closing my eyes.

 

"Yes. Just wait for that."

 

--

 

The days keps passing.

 

Every night, I went inside of Chaerin's dreams as I told her and promised I would.

 

Those were an absolutely great and lovely experiences for me. Like when you're going to enjoy your vacation with your best friend, visiting many places... just like we did in the past.

 

Since she kept having those dreams with me, I saw a happier Chaerin after the first night I went into them. There was just a wide smile on her face once she woke up in the next morning.

 

And once the night arrived, she kept dressing super fast her pijamas to run into her bed watching her covering herself with the sheets saying:

 

"I'll dream with Dara again, yoohooo!!!!"

 

I laughed beside her bed everytime she said it. It was just so funny and great to see her so happy and excited.

 

I was enjoying of Chaerin's company and experiencies to the max. My best friend of my entire life!! We were in many places due of her dreams. At the beach, at the most expensive restaurant, at Paris, Japan... I traveled more places in her dreams, rather than when I was alive!

 

--

 

Today is 3 of june.... finally the day is here. Day number 100! My guardian angel is already next to me. He allows me to go inside Chaerin's mind for the last time, before I'm ready for not coming back.

 

I put my hand against her forehead as always and some moments later I'm inside her dreams.

 

I find her in a beautiful garden sitting at the ground supporting her body with her palms while taking the sun.

Seems like it's spring.

Slowly I sit next to her. She moves her head at my direction and smiles while she closes a little bit her eyes because of the sunlight. I smile back and I look around at the precious garden around us. "All it smells so good." I say while I'm breathing the soft scent of flowers and other smells invadng my nose.

 

She breaths deeply raising her lungs and then she sighs. "Yeah... this feels really good, Ssantokki" she says playfully with a grin. "Yah don't call me like that. How can you do that even in my situation?" I say laughing and I put the side of my head above her shoulder. She supports her head touching my head while she laughs too.

 

After a long minute, my smile fades away slowly. "Chaerin-ah... today is the last time that I'm going to visit you... I can't stay here anymore.." I say looking at the ground.

 

"I know..." She caresses my hair in a slow way. "Just enjoy this last moment with me. We still can have fun together right?!" she stands up and turns around with a playful smile. "Let's go to see if you can catch me, Ssandara Park!" she runs away laughing and I stand up quickly following her from behind. 

 

Few moments later, I can't find Chaerin. Ah... she's too fast... where is she? "Chaerin-ah?" I walk around looking for her aong the trees but I can't see her yet. I hear some little laughs behind me making me smirk. "Hm hm... I got you!" I say turning around my body with a fast jump, but she's not there. I frown. Turning around again she hugs me surprising me. "Oh!!" I exclaim and take my breath making her laugh like a naughty girl. I laugh watching her laugh too.

 

My guardian angel appears next to us. "Oh, hello!" I say surprised, then I smile. He greets me back as a gentleman.

 

I look at Chaerin.

 

"Chaerin-ah, I want to introduce you this cool guardian angel of mine. He left me stay here 100 days with you." my face have a big happy smile. She look at him gladly. "H-hello... nice to meet you. Thank you very much for let her stay here... she helped me a lot to move on." she bowed at him shyly.

 

He bowed back with a smile.

 

"Nice to meet you too. And don't mentiont it. A little bird begged me to stay not wanting to leave you." he throws a glance at me remembering about our agreement that day. I smile playfully and look at the sky innocently when Chaerin looks at me.

 

"But, the time has ended, girls." he says softly.

 

"It's 3 of June. It's the time to say goodbye..." he adds.

 

Chaerin smile fade away and ducked her head staring at the beautiful white flower in front of her feet.

 

I approach her. Hugging her she hugs me back hiding her face in my shoulder. "Remember all the things that we did until today..." I whisper in her ear.  She lifts her head looking at me with teary eyes. She nods. "Oh Chaerin-ah..." I hug her more tight. "I love you" I say.

 

"I love you too, I'm g-going to miss you a lot..." she whispers. "Me too..." My vision getting blurry.

 

"I kiss her cheeks and I hug her again. "Take care well of yourself Chaerin-ah... always remember your dreams.. I'll be waiting for you, until you and I can be definitely together again..." I say and hug each other tightly.

 

Then, my guardian angel drags me softly as he grabs gently my hand. I don't want to leave but I have to... i don't have another option.

I look back at her while I keep walking. I wave my hand sadly to her. "Always remember our moments.. then I'll keep living in your dreams.. bye Chaerin..!" all what I can see is Chaerin standing frozen in her place as tears falls from her eyes watching me while waving her hand. I close my eyes as tears slide down. Then in a blink... I'm gone.

 

----

 

10 YEARS LATER

 

Where I am, the time runs really fast. Chaerin-ha... how are you? Are you doing well? You're not crying right? I miss you so much... I need to see you. Talk with you! Hug you...

 

Seems like minutes ago, I said goodbye to you... but has been 10 years! Since I entered inside your dreams.

 

I look at my guardian angel. "Can't I be the guardian angel of my best friend? Chaerin? I want to see her.." I say to him anxious, nervous, sad, happy and ready to listen about what he's going to answer. "Well... other guardian angel it's supposed to do that work, but if you want, you can replace him." he answers slowly.

 

I stand up completely excited!! "Yes yesss!!!! Can I?! I want to replace him right away! Please, I really wish to do it!" I exclaim excitedly.

 

He smiles watching my reactions. "Okay then, dress yourself in these clothes and prepare yourself." he turns around and gives me the same clothes that he's wearing. The white ones he was wearing when I met him..

 

"Wooaaa! God, thank youu!!" I hug him so tightly as I can. He smiles as he returns me his embrace.

 

Chaerin-ah, get ready, I'm coming!!

 

I can't wait anymore. I put the white clothes so fast as I can, and less than a second, I'm appearing on Chaerin's room. This is GREAT!!! I feel like a witch with powers haha!

 

Everything continues in its place. I see her sleeping peacefully in her bed, but when I'm kneeling I see tears flowing down. "Oh my Baby - Rin..." I whisper sadly.

 

"Dara..." she whispers softly. I smile. I'm here Chaerin-ah...

 

Putting my hand against her forehead I feel being dragged inside her dreams like I did so many times in the past.

 

I walk closer to the cliff. Oh is the same place! The waterfall, the noisy water falling.. it's all the same. And there she is.

Chaerin is sitting on the edge, crying.... her cracked voice makes echo around despite all the noise of the huge waterfall.

 

"DARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I NEED YOUUUUUUUU!!!!" She yells and her own voice can listen again and again because of the echo. Her voice soon fades away by the noise of the great waterfall. She ducks her head, looking down trying to see the end of the waterfall.

 

I smile playfully as an idea bumped into my mind. I come closer silently from behind while my left hand is holding a mirror. I put the mirror straight in front of her face and I put my head next to hers. "I think someone needs my help desperately? Don't cry, I'm here." I say as  I look into her eyes with my serious expression.

 

She gasped out loud and held her breath as she widened her eyes with her parted mouth. Tears form in her eyes as she bites her lower lip trying to hold them.

 

I smile widely and I wink at her. Whispering in her ear without removing my eyes from hers through the mirror, I say:

"Chaerin-ah... from now on, I'll be your guardian angel your entire life... prepare yourself! You and I will going to see each other every night in your dreams..." Tightly, I hug her chest closing my eyes with a brightly smile in my lips.

 


 

I had this idea when I read the story: "May 26th" from the author Love4Minute2NE1. ^_^

Thanks for reading... :P