A Love So Deep

[WORKING TITLE]

We walked hand in hand in the corridor of the YG building leading to the recording studio. He needed to come in this morning because the leader had just finished a song and he wanted Seunghyun to listen to it first. As we reached the studio’s entrance, he glanced at me with a big grin plastered on his face, squeezing my hand slightly. My chest almost physically hurt seeing that gorgeous smile of him. It’s too early in the morning for this kind of emotion overwhelming me.

“GOOD MORNING!”

His voice boomed over the loud music blaring in the studio, and immediately all eyes were on us. Jiyong was sprawled over the couch while Teddy & Kush oppa had serious looks glooming over their faces. I jumped a little myself from his loud greeting as I was only less than a feet behind him.

“Good morning, good morning, you’re obviously in a good mood,” Jiyong commented lazily.

My husband, BIGBANG rapper, Choi Seunghyun, slightly chuckled and pulled me in a little so that everyone is aware of my presence. Jiyong immediately got up and nodded to acknowledge me, but his eyes never left me. Teddy & Kush oppas’ faces broke into an adoring smile when they saw us.

“Good morning, guys, I brought breakfast.”  I managed to squeak in my greeting in a small voice, surprisingly. I’ve always been confident when I talk to people but this morning, in that creative environment, I felt inept. I placed the homemade kimbap on the glass desk.

Jiyong hurried to the desk, immediately opening the package. He flashed me a big smile as a sign of gratitude and I relaxed a little. For some reasons, Jiyong’s approval meant a lot to me.

Seunghyun pulled a chair and gestured for me to have a seat, but I refused since I don’t plan on sticking around. My morning meeting will start in 20 minutes, and I need to prep my team for it. His brows furrowed of disapproval and I rolled my eyes and let out an amused giggle. He’s been spoiling me senselessly since he learned of my pregnancy. Jiyong took a roll of the kimbap and retreated to the couch again, chomping and chewing steadily on the roll, and in the process, just kept staring at me. I couldn’t help but notice, but my attention didn’t linger.

“Noona…”, as he called, I turned to look. He has a cheesy grin on his face as he was eating, and as he saw the confused look on my face, he turned his gaze to the kimbap roll and starts giggling.

“What is it, Jiyong? Is something wrong with the food?”

The thought just dawned on me and sensing the panic in my voice, he shook his head furiously, but the giggling didn’t cease.

“Noona, you look really sweet today.”

He continued. “You know, you’ve always been the sneaker & jeans kind of girl, and that baby doll dress thing you have on today makes you look so cute!”

My face immediately felt hot. It’s just like Jiyong to notice things about people.

I am 15 weeks into pregnancy now and my baby bump had started showing. To be honest, it came out of nowhere! I was having a severe case of morning sickness these past couple of days and had taken days off from the office. Only yesterday when I was trying to put on my jeans to go out for breakfast, I realized that I couldn’t fit in my skinny jeans anymore, so Seunghyun treated me with some shopping for maternity clothes. Today is supposed to be the debut of my maternity outfit for office! I wore a baby doll blouse in a sweet yellow shade with dark blue maternity jeans.

“Oh you have started showing, haven’t you?” Kush oppa cooed. Teddy oppa joined in with a big grin on his face and some head-shaking.

I immediately covered my face because it’s so embarrassing to let that blush show. I felt my husband’s arms around me squeezing my shoulders.

“She does look sweet, doesn’t she?”

Seriously if my hands were not so busy covering my face, I would have punched him on the shoulder. Clearly he wasn’t helping the situation.

Gently he pulled my hands away from my face, but I just couldn’t look up and face everyone, especially when everyone is cooing at me like I’m some 5-month-old baby. I took a deep breath, finally looked up, and was so touched to see Jiyong, Teddy, and Kush oppa’s adoring faces.

“Thanks for the compliments, guys, but I need to get going now. I have a meeting starting soon, so I need to get my team ready.” Slowly and carefully, I backed out of my spot towards the exit.

“I’ll walk you out.” My husband is always too ready to “walk” with me anywhere.

“Oh no, you don’t have to! The door is….3 feet away. I’m pretty sure I can find my way there.”

Not having any of it, he grabbed my hands, leading my way out of the studio. I managed to wave and bow quickly to the rest in the studio to mark my official exit. Once out the door, Seunghyun pushed me against the wall softly, cupping my face in his hands. He pecked my lips softly and buried his face in my neck. I can feel him taking a gentle breath.

“You look so beautiful today. I love you so much.” He breathed the words into my neck, and I let out a giggle because it was ticklish. I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed tightly.

“You are the sweetest today, I love you so much.” I whispered back.

It almost felt like forever before he pulled away. Pushing wisps of my hair to the back of my ears, he smiled at me and I felt faint explosions in my heart. He turned my body towards the meeting room, and patted my lightly.

“I don’t want you to be late. See you later.” With that he blew me kisses that I teasingly ignored. As I walked away from him, I can hear his laugh bubbling faintly.

Our baby is going to be born knowing a love so deep.