(as sweet as) cotton candy

Drunk on Writing

“So we grew together like to a double cherry, seeming parted, but yet an union in partition, two lovely berries molded on one stem.” 
― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

 

(as sweet as) cotton candy

Jung Sooyeon (Jessica), Jung Soojung (Krystal)

To: Saki, my little sister whose birthday is today, here's your (another) present! 


 

 

Jung Soojung is my little sister. People may think she’s as bitter as black coffee (—or maybe more) and yes, they are not entirely wrong.

She complains about almost everything (yesterday, she complained about how I ate too many cookies while she always eats 2 jars of cookie almost everyday),

she grumbles at almost everyone (“look at that Sooyoung! Why the heck she’s taller than me?”),

and she practically almost hates everyone and everything (“I hate my life!” Soojung said while doing her Math homework.

She got A the next day and happily showed it to Mom and Dad).

She is quiet a bitter person, isn’t she? But, no, it isn’t entirely right, too. She complains, she grumbles, she hates, but I think that’s naturally what human do (but, yes, sometimes she does complain, grumble and hate excessively until I want to shove my shoes so far down ).

Jung Soojung is my little sister. She doesn’t smile a lot like me (“Unnie, stop spreading your smile to almost everyone! This is why people think I’m such a b—"

“Word, Jung Soojung.”

“Fine.”)

She doesn’t laugh a lot (“Unnie, what’s so funny about the show?”

“You don’t think Running Man is funny?”

“Nah. That’s just about bunch of people completing mission, and then running to places, again, what’s so funny about it?”

“Well, everyone in South Korea thinks it’s funny.”

“Almost everyone. I’m not!" She looked at the potato chip in my hands.“This is what I call funny,” and Soojung snatched the potato chip from my hand, leaving me screaming on the top of my lung, “That’s my last one!”

And, she just laughed),

and, practically, she is also a devil (One day, I went home earlier because my club activity was cancelled. And, when I reached home, that was when I realized I forgot to bring my house key with me. Mom and Dad weren't home since they went to my Aunt's house in Busan since yesterday until tonight. The only one that I wished to come home as soon as possible is no other than Soojung herself. So, I needed to wait until 5 p.m until Soojung got home from her football practice.

And, it was still 3 p.m.

Not to mention, it was winter.What a wonderful coincidence.

"What are you doing here, Unnie?" Finally, Soojung got home. Her hair was tied in ponytail and she was still wearing her uniform.

I looked up, "I forgot to bring my key."

Her expression suddenly changed, "What the hell, Unnie?! I thought you bring the key with you!"

The patience in me that I kept for about two hours finally exploded into rage,"You also have the other key, right? Why the hell you don't bring it?"

"I forgot, okay!"

"Aish, Jung Soojung! When will you learn to remember?!"

"You also forgot to bring it, so we're even, okay?!"

"Stupid Soojung!"

"Stupid Sooyeon!"

"YA!"

Soojung only stucked her tongue out),

who can turn into an angel in just a matter of second (Soojung kept glancing to me, but I ended up ignoring her. I knew that I was wrong too, but come on, she needed to feel how it felt like to wait outside for two hours. Not to mention, in the winter when all you wanted to do was to go into your home and wrapped yourself in thick blankets.

"Let's find something to eat," she stood up and looked at me.

I still ignored her but my stomach said otherwise and it growled loud enough for Soojung to hear. She chuckled, "Come on, Unnie. I'll treat, okay."

"Fine."),

and, yes, she is also such a fool many times ("Unnie!" Soojung took something out from her bag.

The key. The freaking key. 

I can't with this life.

I took a really deep breath, "Now, pay."

Oh God, it took my whole energy to stop myself from punching her face with my shoes.)

But, I also think she’s as sweet as cotton candy. Once she laughs, once she smiles, it’s like you’re eating cotton candy and it melts down to the deepest pit of your taste bud. And, tt feels like going back to ten years ago when I brought home her first cotton candy (We ended up eating it together and laughing how the cotton candy disappeared so quickly once you closed your mouth).

Yet, sometimes, too many cotton candies makes you sick (“I’m sick of you, Soojung. For how many times I tell you to behave yourself! The last thing I want to see today is you go home with scars all over your face. And, look!” I dabbed the scars with the alcohol and Soojung couldn’t stop herself for screaming the pain out.

“That Choi Jinri started the fight first! She said that I was really stupid. Hello, who got first in the class? Me! Who got the lowest rank in class? That b—Aww! That freaking hurts!”

I rolled my eyes, “Stop blaming other people! You are wrong, she is wrong. If you’re smart enough, you won't sacrifice yourself like this, aish— Jung Soojung, you’re so ugly!" I looked at her swollen face and needed to hold myself from laughing my off.

“You’re uglier, Jung Sooyeon.”

“What did you just say?”

She stucked her tongue out and ran to her room, while me, can’t stop myself from chasing her. “I won’t give up until I get you, Soojung!”)

But, we can’t stop ourselves craving for more cotton candies, aren’t we? (We ended up lying on our bed and panting heavily. We looked at each other and we laughed seeing how messy both of us were.

“You shouldn’t chase me like that, Unnie. You’re old.”

“Shut up. I’m only 5 years older than you!”

“Still old.” She stucked her tongue out and I pinched her hands to make her shut up yet she laughed even louder.

Silence.

“Thank you, Unnie.”

“For what?”

“For being my sister. It’s tiring, isn’t it?”

I rolled my eyes, “You do realize, huh?”

“I hate you, Unnie.”

“I know.”

“But, I love you, Unnie.”

Silence.

“Wow, that’s quite new fact.” I looked at her, showing her my overly-dramatic expression. Yet, there’s another voice in my heart that answered ‘I know, Soojung.’

It was now Soojung’s turn to roll her eyes, “But, I still hate you, Unnie.”

“You’re being inconsistent, Soojung.”

“I hate you~ I hate you~ I hate you~”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever”).

 


Some parts, well, everything in the story is quite messy, isn't it? lol. Sorry if it confuses you a lot xD (because, that's what I plan to do /wutloljk/) well, this story is for my sister's birthday but this story is really different from how me and my sister are in real life (believe me, you guys don't want to know that kk) but she did inspire me in other different ways lol. Thank you for reading!