The News

A Bruised Peach

 

5 Years ago:


“I’m sorry, but the surgery was not quite successful…you, can no longer dance…you’ll be lucky to walk properly from here…”
You burst out crying, as your doctor spoke these words. You’ve been training to become a kpop idol since you were in 3rd grade. It’s been your dream; you have been spending every day training for this moment. 5 years wasted on something you could no longer do.
You tried to pull yourself together “…what do I do now?”
“The best thing to do, is rest, and learn to walk properly again. It’ll take some time, but your back and knee injuries are far too bad for this lifestyle. We can set up some basic physio sessions for you, and we’ll start there…I’m sorry” She turned to say; then walked out of the door with a sincere look on her face.


“Eomma, what do I do? This is my life!” You sobbed into her shirt.
“I think it’s time you visit your father…”
“What?”
“You need to rest; you’ve been in and out of surgeries for over a year now. You need a break…and I think it’s best for you, to be with your father now…”
“I don’t want to go to Canada! I don’t like it there! This is my home!”
“You are going home. I’ll get you your plane ticket. No options, no words. You are going to Canada.”
“Mama…” you said a lot softer as tears weld up in your eyes.
“Let’s go, honey. We’ll start packing your things, take you to SM, and you can say goodbye to your instructors, and your friends.” Your mother spoke with a softer tone.

120331:


“EXO will be holding their official debut on April 10th as they hold their first showcase in…” You telly repeated.
“Yah Appa, Are you home?” You shouted through the house.
You quickly thought to yourself; “What the heck, why is everything so messy…why is the telly on if no one is home?” You wandered around, clothes, dishes, everything were tossed around as if it was a dogs toys. You walked around your house slightly lost and confused, walking room through room seeing only your stuff thrown about. “What the hell?” But then you turn into your room. A suitcase was set on the bed with a letter on top.


“Dear my mango;
I have a surprise for you, you’re going home. You mother is letting you visit for about a month, I’ve spoken to the school, and to your work. It’s been long enough, you should go back and visit your friends. I love you, pack quickly, you plane leaves tomorrow morning as 4:00. I’ll be home soon, love you!
Love, Appa.”


You stood with owl like eyes. “What…I’m going home…to play, for a month…” you said in disbelief as you re-read the letter ten times over. “No way, no freaking way…” you said as you started to shriek. You texted your best friend immediately;


“Eonni, I’m going home! I won’t be here for a while, I’m sorry, but I’ll call you often! I’m visiting my old friends, and my family! Omo, I haven’t seen my family in forever!~ Please take care of everyone while I’m away.”
You sent knowing she wouldn’t receive the message until after work.


You ran around your house collecting 3 months worth of things. Listing them off as you went. “Clothes! ~” You tossed them into the suitcase. “Snacks…” as you ran through the pantry and grabbed everything. “Guitar; can’t live without that of course!” you looked down and saw your poodle-Pomeranian mix look up with you with her shiny black eyes. “MongKyu! Like I would forget you! You can come visit your friends too!” You pick up your dog and spun around singing soulfully.

luggagePacking.jpg


After about two hours of this, you finally finished. At 23:26 you father arrived home and not soon after was telling you what you were going to be doing when and while you were there. He had set up escorts to arrive and pick you up from the airport; your entire family would be ready for you, he even set you up to work at the company. 
“I get to be an instructor this time?” You said in confusion. “I haven’t danced or sang in years! What if I’m not prepared?”
“You’re prepared, I know you are mango. & anyways there are of ton of people there. If you’d prefer I can try to set you up to become a manager like your mother and brother? Or maybe front desk…”
You cut him off, “Ah ah ah, no no no! It’s okay! I’m just a little rusty, but I will be fine!”
Your dad smiled and sent you off to bed. Secretly he hoped this wasn’t too much for you all at once. You hadn’t been to SM in 5 years, you haven’t used much Korean either…you haven’t spoken about the medical incident which made you life end. However he knew it was time, time to let you go, and pick what was best for you.

---Upstairs---


“JunHong! I’m going to come and visit you!~^^”
“What? Really O_O!?”
“Yeah, I leave in 3 hours!^^ I’ll be in Seoul in a few days!”
“No way, I’m so excited to see you again! Kekeke”


JunHong was your best friend, you went to school with him back in Korea, and to singing practice since you were a baby. Even when you moved, he continued to keep in touch with you as much as he could. Thing was, you didn’t know he had debuted already. 

“Oppa!~ ” you teased.
“What? ><”
“Wait for me?”
“Of course…^^”
You rolled over and giggled. Placing your phone on your nightstand and smiled silently to yourself. The moon shined into your room so elegantly; quietly One Directions “One Thing” played in the background off the radio. You laughed listening to it, “well I guess I'll have to get use to Korean music again,” you joked. You looked at the clock; I leave in 3 hours, and decided to get a quick nap in before your flight.

 

---

 

I hope everyone enjoys! It's been awhile and I have 3 more stories I'm working on, so I hope it's okay!