Back

My Boyfriend's Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

“Are you okay? You seem kinda quiet the whole trip,” you said as Kyuhyun got in the taxi at the airport on your way home. 

 

“Huh? Yeah…” he mumbled and looked at his hands.

 

“You sure?” you asked and placed your hand on his forehead. “You’re not sick or anything…”

 

Kyuhyun smiled ruefully and took your hand. “I’m okay… Uhm… about last night…” he started with a whisper. “I... I wasn’t thinking straight.”

 

“Oh.. that’s what you’re worried about?” you chuckled. “It’s fine, Kyu. It’s kinda cute actually.” 

 

“R-really?” he asked, surprised.

 

“Yeah. With you rage quitting and all,” you laughed. “The hug was kind of a surprise but it was...nice.” Blood suddenly rushed to your cheeks. You looked outside the window to hide it from Kyuhyun. You've obviously fallen for the man. But to what extent?

 

“Right… the hug…” he mumbled. 

 

“I fell asleep right after,” you chuckled. “You just make me feel warm and comfy, I guess.”

 

You heard Kyuhyun sigh. He looked at you and smiled. “Ready to go home?”

 

You pouted. “No.”

 

He chuckled, as if he was back to normal. “Let’s go back there soon, okay?” 

 

“Promise?”

 

“Promise,” he smiled wide. He reached for your hand and laced your fingers together. You looked away, hiding the smile on your face. 

 

"I had a wonderful time, Kyuhyun. Thank you. Really... It as if...as if..." You whisper.

 

"it's getting better?"

 

You looked at him and smiled. "No... It's as if everything's a dream, and I don't want to wake up... Ever."

 

"Then don't," he said, cupping your face.

 

"If only I could..."

 

The taxi stopped in front of your apartment. Kyuhyun, as always, got out first and held the door out for you. He went to the bank of the car to retrieve your things from the trunk.

 

“Where are we going to eat dinner?” he asked.

 

“Up to you,” you replied. 

 

You noticed someone sitting by your dimly lit porch. You took a few steps closer. The man stood up. Your heart dropped as soon as you saw his face. His eyes were heavy, as if he lacks sleep. The corner of his lips curved downwards. He looked pitiful and sad. You froze in place.

 

“We could always order pizza... Oh. No... Not pizza! I know this great place! Not far from here,” Kyuhyun chimed happily and stood beside you. His brows came together as soon as he saw your face. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

 

“Donghae…” you whispered, your voice almost cracking. You fought the tears back.

 

Kyuhyun looked to where he was, quite shocked as well. Donghae took a step forward, towards you and you instinctively backed off. 

 

“Kyesin, please, let me explain,” Donghae said.

 

You bit your lip, in the verge of tears. “No,” you shook your head and hid behind Kyuhyun.

 

“Please, just hear me out,” he begged.

 

Kyuhyun put your things down and breathed deeply. “Hey,” he whispered. You looked at him. “It’s fine. You’re gonna be fine,” he said with a soft smile. “Go. I know it’ll turn out okay. Trust me.”

 

You nodded and headed towards your house. “Can you please… at least… help me bring my things inside?” you asked him.

 

“Sure,” he chuckled faintly.

 

You opened the door to your house and went inside. Donghae followed and so did Kyuhyun. He placed your bags neatly on the floor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter