Picnic

My Boyfriend's Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m bored, let’s go out!” Kyuhyun groaned on your couch.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that I’m busy, Kyu,” you said. “The school play is in two months.”

 

“But we’ve haven’t gone out for two months! Please. I’m getting jaundice here,” he pleaded, looking at you with those puppy eyes of his.

 

“That’s not true,” you said.

 

“Well we only go out for work,” he pouted. Kyuhyun stood up and sat down beside you in the counter area.

 

“How will you find a girlfriend if you keep on spending time with me?” you said. “Just go out by yourself.”

 

“I don’t need a girlfriend. I have you,” he grinned.

 

You rolled your eyes. “Well tell me first where do you want to go,” you said. 

 

“Anywhere!” he said. “Come on! You need to see and explore the world outside!”

 

“Kyuhyun, I’m busy.”

 

“Heol…” he groaned, placing his chin on top of the counter.

 

“Why don’t you go outside? I don’t mind being alone,” you said.

 

“Well I don’t like going out alone!” he pouted. “Please, Kye PLEASE?”

 

You sighed and rolled your eyes. “Fine, you whiny brat! I’ll go get my coat.”

 

 

 

Kyuhyun sang loudly and quite happily in the car. You were looking outside the window as he drove. His voice always makes you calm. It’s been a month, and yet you still think about it. You’re hiding it from Kyuhyun, though. You know he always worries for you. But no more crying. Just plain longing and sadness and heartache.

 

Kyuhyun parked his car. You got out. It was the park. Clean, beautiful and breezy park. He took something from the back seat. It was a large picnic basket.

 

“You planned this, didn’t you?” you eyed him.

 

He grinned an evil smile. “You know me. I like staging surprises.” You both walked towards a quiet grassy hill.

 

“Is there more later?” 

 

“Hmm… If I tell you whether or not there’s a surprise later, then it wouldn’t be a surprise anymore, right?” he laughed.

 

“Okay, you win,” you rolled your eyes.

 

Kyuhyun laid down the picnic blanket and you both sat. “Beautiful day isn’t it?” he said, looking up the sky.

 

You close your eyes, soaking the sun and letting the breeze blow through your hair. “Yes, it is.” you nodded.

 

“And yet you didn’t want to go out today!” he laughed.

 

“Okay, fine. Mister Cho is right,” you mocked him. “Now I’m hungry! What’s inside that big basket of yours?”

 

“Hmm.. There’s tuna sandwiches, bananas, plain bread, peanut butter, macaroni salad, juices boxes, you know, normal picnic stuff,” he grinned wide.

 

“You? Cho Kyuhyun? made sandwiches?” 

 

“Hey, there are only a few foods that I can make and sandwiches are one of them!” he said, handing you one.

 

You opened the sandwich bag and took a bite. It was good. Very very good. So friggin delicious.

 

“This is good Cho,” you mumbled with mouth full of food.

 

“I told you I could make a sandwich,” he smiled, taking a bite in his.

 

“You definitely could,” you nodded. You look at him, and there was something on his face. You reach over and wipe the side of his mouth with your thumb. “You’re messy,” you said.

 

His eyes grew wide open.  You quickly pull your hand back, realizing what you were doing. You bit your lip.

 

“Thanks,” he said before you could even react. “I am a bit of a messy eater.” he laughed nervously. 

 

You could feel the awkward tension between the two of you. “er… welcome?” you muttered, unable to face him.

 

“Really, Park Kyesin? We’ve slept in the same bed for a couple of times already yet you feel awkward with that?!” he chuckled. You know by his tone he was just trying to make you feel better. 

 

“Right…”

 

“Ah!!!” Kyuhyun said as he lay down on the grass and closed his eyes, feeling the cool breeze. “This feels good!” he said.

 

“I bet it’s been long since you last had a picnic, isn’t it?” you said.

 

“Never been to one before,” he muttered with eyes closed. “Not like this at least.”

 

“What?!” Your eyes grew in surprise. “Are you serious?”

 

He nodded. “Never had anyone to go on a picnic with,” he said. “But now, thanks to you, I have.” Kyuhyun opened his eyes and smiled at you.

 

“You’re very welcome, Mr. Cho,” you chuckled. Kyuhyun sat down, looking intently at you. His lips were slowly turning into a smile. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“You smiled. For the first time. in two months,” he grinned excitedly.

 

“Oh… I guess I did.”

 

“You know what this calls for? A celebration!” he clapped his hands in the air.

 

You rolled your eyes and chuckled. Childish Kyuhyun, always when he wants to cheer you up. He then started going through the picnic basket.

 

“Kyuhyun, just because I expressed some emotion after two months doesn’t mean--”

 

His huge grin cut you off. In his hands was a box of blueberry cheesecake. “What’s that? We shouldn’t celebrate? I’ll put these away then.”

 

“No!” you said, taking the box from him. “I want this.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed - no, guffawed - as he took utensils from the picnic basket. He handed a fork to you and dug in the cheesecake. You joined him as well.

 

The corners of your mouth slowly turned up as you both ate in silence, just enjoying the scrumptious food on your hands - the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter