Final

His Last Words

Her shivering body stood there, silently, with her bottom and top lips parted slightly, her fingers clenching and unclenching, her muscles tense and strain. Her breath hitched, eyes swollen from the obvious, non-stop crying, sobbing, wailing. No more tears to spare, no more smiles form, no more being warm-hearted. Today, the ice princess was created and entitled to her, and only her. 

Jung Jessica was the name.

She kneeled down on the snow coated grass, her slick fingers traced the letters on the stone as pellets of snow start to cloak her silky, long, brown hair. It covered her shoulders, clothed thighs, and knees as well. She placed the tips of her first three fingers on her puckered lips, a light peck on her fingers, she removed the tips away from and placed it onto the carved name and whispered something inaudible, something she couldn't even hear with her own ears, but with her mind it was too audible. 

"Jessica, you know how I feel about you mumbling like that. I can't hear you." The bright, charming young man said as he tucked her loose brown strands behind her ear.

"That's because you're old." She retorted and giggled. "I think I should buy you some hearing aids for Christmas, yes?"

"How generous of you!" The sarcasm was written and heard all over his tone, and face.

"I know, I'm a sweetheart." Jessica chuckles and tip-toes, pecking the tip of his nose.

"Not only are you a sweetheart, you're a short one too." He stifled a laugh as the young woman settles her feet back on the pavement.

"Like you have the right to say that. You're pretty short for a guy, you know." She shoves her tongue out at him, earning a pout from the handsome fellow.

She shakes her head and plants a soft, warm kiss on his pout and smiles,pulling away.

"But I prefer short guys over taller ones. It makes you kissable." A smile tugged at the tip of his lips as her words filled his mind.

"Nice save." He smirked lightly.

"I know." Jessica locked her arms with him and rested her head on his shoulder as they walked down the street.

Tears began streaming down her stain dried face, she forced a bitter smile making her face crack a bit from the past tears that have dried. Her sore eyes began to ache and puff out, her fingers fiddled with the tip of her jacket, her eyes blurred by tears as she bites her bottom lip. 

"It's hard...it's so hard." She sniffles and whimpers. "I never wished for this, nor did I ever want to face this, but here I am." 

She lost it once again, her two hands clutching herself, the sharpness of her nails digging into her skin, leaving red marks all over. Overwhelmed with pain and loss, she grabbed at her hair and sobbed uncontrollably, droplets of her tears soaked her clothes and skin. She shivered in the cold, bitter weather, her lips turning into a shade of purple-blue, her entire body was numbed out by the frost. 

"This wasn't suppose to happen." She cried out. "What happened to happily ever after?!" 

Jessica was now sprawled out on the ground, she couldn't contain herself anymore, she kicked and screamed, cried and bawled her eyes out, she couldn't help it. She never felt so...vulnerable, depressed. 

"Is this what hell is?!" She screamed her lungs out. "Im sorry for every single, so-called crime I've done!" 

"Just bring him back, I beg of you."

She sniveled and whimpered, she clawed and scratched, it was completely unbearable for her. The empty space that now filled her, the pain that fed her up, the despair that messed with her mind, the love that tore her being apart.

"I'll do anything, I'll do anything, I'll do anything." She mumbled ,repetively. "I'll do anything....just please."

No matter how much she pleaded, no one would grant her request or even bother listening to it. Jessica rubbed at her cramped eyes and sniffled, once again, no more tears to spare, she felt completely dried and drained.

Jessica's eyes traced the name on the stone, the name she would never forget, the name that belonged to the one she loves, the one she was supposed to spend the rest of her life with.

B-y-u-n B-a-e-k-h-y-u-n.

Her nails traced each letter,slowly, as her lips motioned the letters but no sound was made. She did that several times before her numb hand collapsed and dropped onto the chilled grass.

"Are you by any chance Jung Jessica?" A man's voice asked over the phone.

"Uhm, yes, who is this?" Jessica flipped through the book she was currently reading, not all focusing on the phone call.

"We recieved a patient that was severely injured in a car crash, he goes by the name Byun Baek--" The phone dropped to the ground from her hand, the fingers clutching the tip of the page no longer turned, everything stopped. She was filled with an unknown feeling, and it was no pleasure at all. The feeling of hesitation, and fear.

She hastily picked up the phone again and spoke through it.

"H-hello?" Her voice croaked.

"Oh, you're still there? Well we urgently need you to come to the Saint Hospital for the patient Byun Baekhyun", The man hung up after he finished the sentence, her hand shook and the phone dropped to the ground, her feet moved a few steps backward, unsteadily. Jessica's bothersome feeling grew each step. 

Once at the hospital, she quickly asked for his room number and condition.

"Ma'am...it's best not to rush in there...it's no use", the nurse carefully said. Ignoring her words, she ran into the room, and regretted ever doing so. On the bed laid a unmoving body, the body she would cuddle close to late at night, the body that would always support her, the body she loves oh so much.

Her eyes switched to the sight beside the body, two nurses and one doctor beginning to unplug the cords and tubes from the man laying on the bed, she quickly walked over to them and grabbed one of their hands.

"What do you t-think you're doing?!" Her heartbeat was unsteady, cold sweat trailed down her forehead to her neck.

"We're uncharging the patient, ma'am please let go of my arm", One of them spoke.

"N-no! Why are you uncharging him?! Stop it. Stop it now!" She heaved out.

"He doesn't have a chance." The man coldly said.

Her eyes got swollen, she let go of his hand, her fingers twitched, her entire being was torn as she watched them uncharge the man she loves, as they moved his body off, she was thrashing at them, telling them not to touch him, not to do anything. They obliged her a few minutes as she walked over to the being laying on the bed. She watched as his chest rised, but it was barely rising. She almost toppled over when she saw him staring right at her.

"B-baek", she sobbed, as he managed a small smile.

"Hhhey Jung..never...never knew you were....such a crybaby", It took a lot of might and energy for him to even whisper that.

"You idiot!" Jessica screamed out.

"Shh...baby,don't cry..come here", His vision began to blur, darkness began to creep into him, he could feel he was close. Death wasn't escapable.

Listening, she moved her head closer as he whispered something into her ears-

Beeeeeeeeep.

The long beep filled the silence of the room, soon after screams and cries were heard as people dragged the body out, and others clinging onto her, making sure she doesn't run after.

Jessica brought her knees up, her hands clutched onto her jeans as her nose was nuzzled in between the gap of her two knees, more tears soaking through the fabric. All the painful memories roaming through her head, some memories she never wants to remember and other memories she wants to keep close to her heart.

"I'm sorry for your loss,Jessica." Kris handed her a bouquet with a small smile. Trying his best to cheer her up.

"What loss? I-i didn't lose anything,why is everyone saying I lost something?" She bit her bottom lip and pushed the bouquet away. They both knew very well what he meant, but being Jessica, she wasn't willing to believe that Baekhyun really had a passing. She was in complete denial.

"Jessi--" He was cut off by a wave of her hand.

"Just...just save it." She shut her eyes tightly and shook her head. "Please."

Kris sighed and nodded, obeying her, he settled the flowers on her counter and walked out her door. Jessica walked over to their her room and looked at her large mirror, she looked in it and saw every single detail that changed about her. Her eyes have dark, very visible, bags, her eyes were always puffed out now, she never combs her hair or cleanse herself properly, not after since he left. 

Glancing to the rims of her mirror, there were many photos and memories of her special moments with Baekhyun, one was of them at the beach, another at the arcade, and one from her birthday. Little singlets of tears trailed down her deflated cheek, the cheek that used to be so chubby, was now nothing but bone.

"Is it bad to miss you so much?" She cried into her knees and clutched them tighter.

"You broke your promise. You broke it."

"Do you know how hard it is for me?"

"How hard it is to move on?"

"When you are still loving what is gone, it's very hard to move on." Jessica stated as she lifted her head and looked at the stone plaque in front of her. The burial for her love. She shuts her eyes tightly, feeling a bit tired from all the crying and thrashing. Jessica scoots right next to the stone and lays her head on it, her arm wrapping around it.

"It's the closest thing I have of you..."

There she lays asleep, as her head is filled with the repeatition of  his last words.

Listening, she moved her head closer as he whispered something in her ears-

"I love you", he whispered and planted a soft kiss on her temple before shutting his eyes.