Forbidden Love

The Chosen

 

 

           The young man was waiting near the big tree. He felt at ease whenever he was there, even if he knew he shouldn’t cross the wall. He couldn’t help it. It was in his veins, the desire to live in that place. It sure had good conditions, and there’s no comparison with the place he came from. The city was rather luxurious to his eyes. It had everything: a palace, fancy shops, fashionable costumes. His home was just a small house in the desert that he shared with a friend.

            He was an orphan. Never had he met his own parents, and truth be told, he didn’t care much. He had been told that his family was a band of thieves, and that explained why he had been so neglected by the boys of his age when they were younger. His parents had never wanted a kid, and so he was left in an orphanage with his best friends. The monks tried really hard to make the three boys follow their path, but failed.

             Luhan didn’t want to be part of a religious cult that followed someone that he wasn’t sure to have existed. He wanted to make history. And he also knew it wasn’t possible. Not for him. He was a dreamer, Lay used to say. Maybe that’s why he felt the need to be in the city. There was something in it that made Luhan’s heart react. Something so strong, that he didn’t care if he would die in a dungeon for doing so. There was only one thing on his mind. One thing that he tried to keep a secret from everyone. Only he and Lay knew that secret. And they both knew it was the reason that kept Luhan alive.

            The city and the desert were in war. The city people often called the desert ones rebels. The country had once been one, but when the war started centuries ago, many chose to leave. And by leave, I mean that they ran away. They’re still in war. That’s why Luhan shouldn’t cross the wall that separates the city from the outside world. Ironically, Luhan would never listen to Lay’s calling. Nor even Kai’s.

            “Luhan!!”, the said guy turned around once his name was called. He knew whose voice it was, but he still had hopes that it would be someone else. That it would be him. However, he was still happy that it was Kai who had called him. He could only smile at his ‘crush’. The younger one didn’t seem as happy as he was from seeing him. Luhan also knew that Kai wouldn’t be. Not that he dislike Luhan, not even close to that. He knew about the implications that it could have. Unlike him, he belonged there. And it scared him to know that his hyung could be found and kept prisoner until judgment. And it wasn’t as soft as the others may sound. The prisoners were tortured and then thrown to feed the beasts.

             “Kai~ I didn’t expect to see you here” Luhan joked and Kai eyed him with a desire to slap him. It was for his own good, but Luhan would never understand why he shouldn’t step the city’s ground. Kai sighed and panted, feeling exhausted from all the running he did. “How funny…” he replied. Luhan smiled once again and caressed his cheek. “Don’t worry about me, pabo. I’m already 22”. Kai shook his head in defeat. “Sometimes I wonder if you’re still 5”. Both laughed. Luhan was an adult pretending to be a kid, and Kai was still a kid, who seemed to be more mature than Luhan at times.

              They shared a sweet moment of stares and smiles, until someone spot them. Isn’t that Kai? Suho asked himself. Once he got sure of it, he called out for the guy. The call scared the couple and Kai didn’t hesitate to teleport himself and Luhan to somewhere outside the wall. Suho was running in their direction before they disappeared. Aish, that kid… He continued going in the direction he was going before. He couldn’t be late for the prince’s breakfast.

              Deep inside, he was afraid for Kai. Even a kid would’ve realized that the guy that was with him was a foreigner. He opened the door to a bakery shop, and ordered the usual, then let his body fall on a chair. “Tired much?” the chef asked him. “Kai…” Suho answered and the other guy nodded. “I see… What has he done this time?”. Suho took a deep breath and looked at his friend “He’s been hanging out with a guy from outside”. The younger one stopped what he was doing and tried to sink in the information. He had had a crush on Kai ever since he first saw him when he visited the castle. Suho closed his eyes, wishing that he could wake up and know that this was only a dream.

              “What can I do, Kyungsoo? I can’t let him destroy himself. He’s the prince’s servant, he can’t just hang out with rebels…”. “I know, Suho. But there’s nothing you can do. You know that once he has something on his head, he won’t stop.” Kyungsoo chuckled mentally, recalling all the things Suho once told him about Kai. He was sure he had fallen head over heels for the boy. He just wondered when was he ever going to get a chance.

 

              The little prince had waken up with a cute expression. He smiled, feeling someone’s presence next to him. He was sure it was his best friend, who liked to lie down by his side since they were kids. He got a bit sad because Chanyeol hadn’t done it in a while, but who else could be in his bed? He turned to his side to face that person and almost screamed and jumped out of bed when his eyes met a girl’s gaze. Not any girl’s, Seohyun’s. She was staring at him while he was sleeping, and that gave him the chills. If it were Chanyeol, he would’ve melt from happiness. But being Seohyun only disgusted him. Not that she was disgusting, but he didn’t love her. Yes, he was in love with Chanyeol. He knew he shouldn’t, but he couldn’t help it.

              “Finally! I thought you were never going to wake up~” she chuckled and hugged him. He wanted to push her away, but he couldn’t. She was his fiancée anyways. He hugged back, and soon enough she was trying to take off his shirt. He abruptly pushed her and blushed. “W-What do you think you’re doing??” he asked, completely nervous. Not shocked. It wasn’t the first time she had tried going further with him. She pouted, “Why won’t you make love to me?”. Seriously, Baekhyun didn’t know how to reject her without being found out. He wanted someone else other than his fiancée, and it kind of scared him to know that he could never be with Chanyeol like that. She took Baekhyun’s silence as nothing important and got on top of him, giggling and taking his shirt off, while he tried to cover himself and push her.

               Just when he had sit up to glare at her, already without shirt, Chanyeol opened the door, a big grin on his face before it dropped from misunderstanding the situation. “Suho said that breakfast is ready. But seems like you’ll be too busy for a while” and before Baekhyun could explain, Chanyeol left them. He pushed Seohyun aside and got dressed, embarrassed from being caught like that by the love of his life.

               Chanyeol ran to the main hall once he closed the door of his best friend’s room. He felt like crying, but if he did, everyone would question him, and the king wouldn’t let them be friends anymore. Jessica, Seohyun’s older sister, saw the boy with a sad expression and approached him. It was unlike him to be sad. He would always show off a smile whatever the situation was.

              “Hey” she said, faking a warm smile. “Hey”, Chanyeol replied with a dry tone. She stopped right before him and touched his shoulders with her hands “Don’t worry, whatever it is, it’ll be alright”. Chanyeol chuckled, feeling a bit happier that Jessica was there. She had always been a good friend to him. “It’s not going to be alright, but thanks anyways” he said, this time with a genuine smile. She didn’t ask any more questions, or said anything else. She knew what was going on. Only a blind person wouldn’t see that the two boys had something big between them. She envied it somehow. Jessica had never been loved like that, and she wanted to know what it felt like. Being MAMA’s resurrection, as the people believed she was, she had been deprived from love.

               She smiled again. Both of them shared a silence that comforted the sad Chanyeol, and turned him into the happy-go-lucky guy he was supposed to be. And Baekhyun saw it. He had wanted to tell his friend what had really happened, but now he regretted it. He was scared to get heartbroken in front of him. Chanyeol would never look at him that way, and seeing him with Jessica proved him right.

 

               After a minute or so, Suho came to the hall with a terrified expression. “Baekhyun-ssi! Chanyeol! Jessica-ssi!! A threat has been sent!”. The three followed Suho to the King’s business room. “Father, explain us what happened” Baekhyun demanded. He had learnt that tone with his father, and the latter was quite proud of his son at the moment. He sounded like a king to him. “The rebels sent this note” he showed his son the piece of paper. The rebels had left it pretty clear. They disliked their attitude of temporary peace, taking it as an offense, as a pity act. And so, they wanted revenge for previous actions. Baekhyun was scared. He knew how many had died 14 years ago, and he didn’t want something like that to happen again.

               And Suho could only curse Kai for not being there when they needed him.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

So, this is the first chapter :)  I hope you guys liked it

I forgot to mention before that this is going to be a bit anime-style

A bit...

Well, it has romance too...  :s

I already have the whole fic planned, and it's going to have more or less 40 chapters.

Hope you guys dont mind

chu~~