Sleep - Yongguk x Himchan

Honey Water Drabbles

 

Yongguk sat down gently on the bed and turned his head to look at the sleeping figure next to him. The room was dark but his eyes had long since adjusted, letting him clearly see Himchan’s face. He smiled a little as he watched Himchan’s chest rising and falling slowly, his even breathing showing how deep his slumber was.
 
Yongguk had decided long ago that he much preferred Himchan when he was asleep. He was much quieter then. Although sometimes he talked, not to mention kicked, in his sleep. But what he liked so much about Himchan asleep was getting to look at him. His usually sharp and distinguishing features were softened by slumber, shutting off his scrutinizing glare.
 
Yongguk leans over slowly, cupping Himchan’s cheek in his hand. The coolness of his palm made Himchan stir a little and Yongguk stiffened, thinking he might wake up, but he just mumbled some nonsense and smacked his lips a bit before settling back down. Yongguk’s gentle smile spread out until his gums showed to their fullest, something he had always been conscious of. It took away a considerable amount of his ego, especially when he considered himself to be a particularly badass person.
 
He had always tried avoiding having to smile, he eventually even started wearing a mask whenever he’d go out. He would just brush off the scoffs and questions saying it added to his allure. Himchan had seen right through that. His squinted eyes seeing past the facade Yongguk had tried throwing up. Himchan had actually thrown that mask away when they moved in together.
 
Gazing down at the face of the man that had changed his life, Yongguk ran his thumb in slow circles, squishing Himchan’s face slightly and making his lip stick out. Trying his hardest to suppress the chuckle that was rising in his chest, Yongguk lowered his head, capturing Himchan’s pouted lips with his own.
 
Himchan stirred again and Yongguk let go, standing up from the bed. Quietly, Yongguk walked to the other side of the bed and slid under the blankets, wrapping his arm around Himchan’s waist and holding him close. He buried his nose into the nape of Himchan’s neck and drifted to sleep. Himchan, unable to keep still any longer, smiled and rolled around, resting his forehead against Yongguk’s. He leaned in and kissed the now sleeping man once, twice, again and again.
 
“I love you too.” Himchan whispered as he intertwined their fingers together and fell back asleep.