variable {pg-13, unbetaed}

teaching life

Minwoo grabbed the class’ door knob before leaning forward to walk out. It had been four hours already being left alone in the class since the bell ring and he was just done with marking the assignments his students made for him so probably walking around wouldn’t hurt. He could see the moon peaking behind clouds through the corridor window—now that he realized it, did somebody forget to turn the corridor lights on? It was already so dark, come on. All the classrooms were locked with all lights off and the situation somehow made his heart paced, but he managed to think about food, Mickey Mouse or any random stuff really as he scurried his way to a brightly lit room judging from the glass window the room had, wishful thinking there was still a person left besides him in the floor. Minwoo walked even faster when he about to arrive, he literally jumped when he entered the room. He ran out of happy joyful thoughts he could think of, that was very unfortunate of him.

 

“Aigoo.”

 

He panted loudly before closing the door, the eyes of a tall and thin figure behind a wood desk quietly examining him. “Yah did your mom teach you some manners?!” Youngmin yelled, almost throwing the pen he held in his right hand. So this is what made me want to lock my windows and door just awhile ago, he thought, feeling annoyed with the other man’s acts. Minwoo just snorted, lying in a couch across the desk. “Why didn’t you go home yet?” He said, taking off his glasses. “Not your business.” The taller rolled his eyes as he keep writing on his report book. Any kind of lip service was not going to amuse him right now so he hoped Minwoo would just shut up and it wasn’t like he was going to be useful here, Youngmin would greatly appreciate it if he could leave as soon as possible. “You really never change.” Minwoo only smiled sheepishly, hands wiping the glasses with a thin soft fabric.

 

The situation was very nostalgic and it reminded him so much of how it was like seven years ago in this room, when he and the twins were classmates. Who’d think a trouble maker like him would become a school counselor? Youngmin used to fight all the time and this room had more than enough stories of them together. Whenever he got in trouble, Minwoo, being one hell of liable class president would come and rescue him by sweet talking with the teachers. Considering how they were twins, people would think his brother was also a brat but Kwangmin was actually a whole different story, since he was a lot quieter and spent most of his time reading books and writing things only God knew what they were about.

 

“Hey,” Youngmin smirked. “You better leave though; I’m not planning to go home tonight.” He spoke up finally, a hand still busily writing on the paper he was working on. There was still so much to go, Youngmin was sure he wouldn’t finish it anytime soon. Minwoo silenced, the very next day was Saturday, he just realized. The Math teacher got up before putting on his glasses again, making his way to the desk. “Still so cold…” His fingers landed on Youngmin’s tired face, much to the latter’s surprise. “Can’t I stay, regardless?” Minwoo curved his lips, forming a smile and Youngmin decided to ignore the butterflies in his stomach as he dodged the shorter man’s hand. “Whatever. You’re not going to leave anyway even if I kiss your shoes.” Youngmin asserted, trying to tell him how much of a hard nosed person he was.

 

Minwoo was thrilled to remember that Youngmin knew him so well, probably too well.

 

He took one paper and one pen from a small rack on the table before sitting in a chair right in front of the counselor. “I’ll go if you can solve this problem.” He wrote down the paper, thinking about a pretty hard question because he knew that Youngmin wasn’t going to be able to discover the answer even if it’s an easy one. “No thanks tell it to solve its own problem.” Youngmin said, looking up as he tried to remember something about his paper. The other only blinked, “Or maybe you can try find out this—““Nope I’m not finding anyone’s ex. Stop it already No-ssaem.” He cut, not even a glance was given at the paper. 

 

“Fine, scary Jo-ssaem.” Minwoo pouted as he pushed the upper part of the pen with his thumb, making an audible click sound. Youngmin rolled his eyes when he heard it. “What’s with the kids though, addressing me as the scary one? I should’ve been the indulgent Jo-ssaem.” He complained. Which part of him was not indulgent enough? Dealing with adolescent bullies and rule breaker kids everyday, talking to parents that have such narrow belief—thinking that their kids were the nicest and the most precious and whatever come out from his mouth were all bull—heck, if he wasn’t a teacher he would have smacked them in the face. “The nicknames,” Minwoo swallowed a laugh, “I think they are very well-thought by the kids, I don’t have any objections about it.” He said, rubbing salt on his best friend’s wound. Youngmin rolled his eyes for the nth time, trying to focus on his work once again.

 

Minwoo stood up, going back to the long couch. He could feel the spring wind as he lied on it. He pulled both of his legs up, trying to relax his body. The tiny bells by the window shakes as small flower petals entered the room. Suddenly, he felt old. “So.. what are you going to do?” Youngmin asked reluctantly, it wasn’t like he cared anyway. Or at least that’s what he forced his mind to do. The brunette sat back again before opening his mouth. “I’ll keep you accompanied. What if zombies come and kill you?” He took off his blazer, folding it neatly so it could work as a pillow before closing his eyes peacefully. “How about stop pretending as if you can do something about it? You’re most probably will freak out if I—” “Okay right, stop talking about ghosts.” Youngmin shrugged, he never let his eyes leave the thick book he was working on. “Who started it, stupid..” He mumbled to himself, not expecting a reply.

 

But then there was a long silence between them, and Youngmin was amazed when he looked at his wrist watch. 3 AM. It felt like time always fly so fast whenever Minwoo was around. And he also just realized that he had done all the overdue writing work that he was supposed to be working on for a month, being an expert procrastinator he was. Youngmin could finally smile proudly as he stared straight; just to make sure the person in the couch was still alive. However, he decided to come closer, whispering softly. “..Hey.” He greeted, even though he didn’t want the other man to wake up. “You said you’re accompanying me.” Still quietly talking to the sleeping guy, he really didn’t need any respond.

 

“You too… never change.”

 

Youngmin sat on the couch right besides his lover’s head. His hands started to gently put aside the hair that disturbed his view of Minwoo’s peaceful face. The face that always made him fell in love over and over again ever since they first met. “Always saying things you don’t mean.” He his hair a couple of times before moving onto the carpet just below the couch, and he fell asleep just in instant. He was very tired, obviously. But then he heard, “When did I not mean what I said?” Oh, did I wake you up?  Youngmin thought, maybe he’d just pretend to be asleep then. Minwoo blinked and moved on the rug too, taking his blazer with him and placing it on Youngmin’s body. He smiled at the other’s fail attempt to fool him, but decided to play his game too by pretending he wasn’t aware. Minwoo leaned in, bringing his face closer to the taller man’s. So close that Youngmin could feel they breathe the same air.

 

“Always so beautiful…”

 

He couldn’t help locking lips with the half asleep person.